CSI: Miami is moving to Sunday at 10PM!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by srqmiamifan, May 19, 2010.

1. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Last night's re-run of Count Me Out brought 4.55 million viewers and a 0.9 in the 18/49 share.

2. ~Kassandra~

~Kassandra~ Hit and Run

I don't know but is that good for a re-run during a long weekend???

3. Grissom rules

These numbers were quite good because it was a holiday weekend in the US.CSI:Miami beat it's opponents from ABC and NBC in total viewers and also in the 18/49 category.:)

4. Grissom rules

Last night's re-run of Delko For The Defense brought 5.92 million viewers and a 1.5 in the 18/49 share.

Sorry for double posting.

5. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

INACTIVEQuinn Fabray Lab Technician

The Monday night ratings seem to be higher then the Sunday night ones, but in general Miami seems to be doing well in the Sunday night spot. Maybe this move won't be so bad after all.

6. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

CBS might have caught a big break. NBC's Sunday Night Football kicks off at 8:20 p.m. ET. The average televised pro game takes about 3 hours to complete, meaning CSIM will be going head-to-head with the NFL every Sunday. Luckily, the show doesn't premiere until October 3, after NBC had some heavy-duty games on the schedule (Saints/Vikes, Skins/Cowboys, Giants/Colts).

Horatio gets an easier schedule, competing against Chicago/NY. But it only gets more difficult each week, especially when NBC can start choosing the most important games each week and slotting them for its own program. I believe there's even one weekend when CSIM competes against football and the World Series.

7. ragincajun

ragincajun Prime Suspect

CSI: Miami has aired against NFL games its entire life - first with Monday Night Football on ABC and most recently with Monday Night Football on ESPN.

To me, football may be a problem, but not because of direct competition from NBC's Sunday Night Football. The show's biggest headache will be how late it starts airing because of overruns associated with CBS' late football games.

8. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Is Sunday night football on NBC a new thing? I guess CBS won't have very high expectations for their Sunday night shows if that is the case.

9. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

INACTIVEQuinn Fabray Lab Technician

That's true. I feel like this move will definitely make the casual viewers stop watching if the show is delayed a lot every night. Hopefully it won't get delayed too much, but with football, I'd be surprised if it wasn't delayed. :p

10. ~Kassandra~

~Kassandra~ Hit and Run

I feel that it could do amazing in the Sunday night slot but when football comes into play they are going to suffer. But all is done and we can't change it, I am really hoping that some show on Mondays tanks and CSI: Miami can have its timeslot back!

11. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

We really are doing fairly well for the summer run. For the current week, CBS had nine of the top 10 scripted series for the sixth consecutive week: TWO AND A HALF MEN; THE BIG BANG THEORY; NCIS; NCIS: LOS ANGELES; CRIMINAL MINDS; CSI: MIAMI; CSI: NY; FLASHPOINT and RULES OF ENGAGEMENT.

12. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

MNF moved to cable in 2005 -- so CSIM has gone head-to-head with a non-cable show for 3 1/3 seasons.

I believe the second Sunday game starts @ 5 p.m. ET. A game would have to run awfully long to move the schedule back. Like overtime plus the power going out and a few other things. At most it would dig into 60 Minutes. Plus they have the late game only half the season.

13. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^^
    It really must depend on the time zone as well as the local TV stations.The Sunday programs were late starting frequently.Cold Case would start up to 40 minutes at times.

14. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

One thing to remember about the delays is that it won't last Miami's whole season; at most the delays should be a thing of the past at the end of January (through the playoffs). The will probably be running repeats during some of that time (holidays) anyway. There shouldn't be much of a problem after that. Also, if Fox has the late game, CSI:M should start when it is supposed to:)

Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
  15. Grissom rules

Last night's re-run of Mommie Deadest brought 5.32 million viewers and a 1.1 in the 18/49 share.