CSI: Holland #3 - with Orange Flavour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CSI: Holland #3

Hey Denise :D Help yourself to a nice cool Heineken.. if you're at legal age :p Otherwise I do not encourage it :rolleyes: *looks at blank staring faces* Ahhh alright I do..

Where do you live? If you don't mind sharing that with us.

Hey Denise! Welcome in de Holland thread. This is gonna be your second home, trust me.

Uh, Jayne? Stop acting like you're the mother around here :lol: The babies can decide for themselves if they wanna have a drink or not.. I can tell, I am still a baby myself.. :rolleyes: *grabs Heineken*

Oeh Jayne, didn't realise it was a spoiler. I thought, the book came out in November in the Netherlands, so everyone who is interested in Harry Potter must have already read it. But I'm sorry for the ones who haven't read it yet. I thought I was kinda late, because I started the book in English last summer, but I really don't like Harry Potter as much in English as I do in Dutch. Quite funny, because they are originally written in English. Anyway, I decided to wait for my birthday, until I got the book. So, I got it (in January) so I began with the Dutch version only then. So my guess, I'm really late finishing it, it took me like 6 months because I don't read during the week, only in weekends when I'm at my dad's.. and I thought everybody has already finished it....
Pfff, stop the rambling now.. spoiler tags..

I guess I can go to that site.. I have heard of it before, but I thought it was just a publicity thing. I'll check it out.. Is it reliable?

ETA: Ducky, you live in Finland, right?

:lol: First of all, I'm not acting like the mother of you all :p But I have my responsibility over some of you haha.. you're my ducklings whether you like it or not! Ahhh, I just like to have teenagers around.. that's why I became a teacher so I could have like 30 at a time :D Not mothering, just preventing that I will get sued by someone saying that I encourage underaged to drink, that's all :)

Yeah, I dunno either whether that was a spoiler actually, Liz. The one I gave was actually a spoiler especially because the title of the link gives away what actually happens in the book, not really sure whether yours was one though.. ahh, but you know me.. ever the teacher :p

Haha I loved that part where you rambled away.. geez, that sounded just like me actually :rolleyes:

That's cute, you wanna be around teenagers :) That's a good reason to become a teacher, yeah. Some of my teachers miss that part. It seems like they don't like teens at all :rolleyes:

Yes, sometimes I say quite a lot in a short time. In real life, people have stopped listening :lol: Just kidding. But I do ramble. And I talk fast. Put those two together and you get yourself a pair of very tired parents. :p
Funny you have that too. :D

Depends which one.. well, knowing there are more Schagens in the Netherlands, I must've heard of at least two.. *drumroll* Noord-Holland and Friesland :p Now, for me, I hope it's Noord-Holland, because I made fun of the Frisians in some other thread.. now why the hell am I revealing that?? :eek:

DaWacko said:
Yes Ducky lives in Finland... aka The Giant Fridge.

Well, I was talking to friends the other night, and we were discussing Nordic Walking in the Netherlands, which seems to be quite popular. We are just amazed by what people do for losing a couple pounds. I mean, you look rediculous doing it :rolleyes: Really, I'm so annoyed when I think of it. Who wants to do that? Voluntarily?? :eek:
Well, point was, that a friend said that it's originally from Finland. So I guess it's all your fault that it's now a whole 'new' happening here ;)

Skip the Nordic.. just do the walking.. I just don't understand this whole new hype.. I mean, come on, we live in a fecking flat country.. it's probably just me, but I don't understand those sticks.. apparently it will really help, but to me it just seems so useless. I love hiking, especially in mountains and hills, but not with those sticks :p

pebl said:
anyone of you ever heard of schagen ^.^ ?
If you mean in North-Holland, then yes. My family and me usually go on holiday to 'Callantsoog', and we always visit Schagen. Why, you live there?

:eek: I only heard of one haha
the one in North-Holland

I live there yes :)

Ahh I always go to the beach in Callantsoog :D!

No way!!! That's so cool! Have you been there today, 'cause my parents were there today. Callantsoog rocks! :D

Lizzy_004 said:
DaWacko said:
Yes Ducky lives in Finland... aka The Giant Fridge.

Well, I was talking to friends the other night, and we were discussing Nordic Walking in the Netherlands, which seems to be quite popular. We are just amazed by what people do for losing a couple pounds. I mean, you look rediculous doing it :rolleyes: Really, I'm so annoyed when I think of it. Who wants to do that? Voluntarily?? :eek:
Well, point was, that a friend said that it's originally from Finland. So I guess it's all your fault that it's now a whole 'new' happening here ;)

Oh yes... It's popular. I guess difference to "just walking" is the fact than you need to use more your arms and it's more effective.

My mom does that. Actually, our president is famous for having that as a hobby.

My old Swedish teacher said it's great because she had neck problems and it really helped her.
I admit, it looks really stupid. But we are used to look stupid in the eyes of other Europeans :rolleyes:
Hee, I was like 12 when it became a hit sport ;)
So umm yes, it's our thing. Now who else would come up with something stupid looking such as that sport?

and Jayne...stop insulting us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back