CSI 10th season will be back on Sept. 24th

Jorja and Billy can save the show...the last season,after Gil/Billy left the show (9x11 to 9x24) was the worst I've seen in CSI.

Not to rain on the "Sara's coming back" parade, but I'm not too pleased. I will probably still stick with CSI til the end (which I'm hoping will be this season), but it will fall behind Supernatural for sure this time. I just wish TPTB and the actors that left the show would make up their minds. It's like that song "Should I stay or should I go?" FIGURE IT OUT! Viewers only like to be tugged around for so long...Whether she stays or leaves, I believe CSI is at the end of its run. It's had its day in the sun and it's about time it dies a (somewhat) graceful death, IMHO.

I feel the same way. I'd rather the show die now then go through this whole bringing back people WHO CHOSE TO LEAVE. It's painful to see CSI reduced to these kinds of stunts. I can picture Carol M and Co in the Board room wringing their hands saying, "Oh whatever do we do..oh I know let's ask Jorja to come back and save the show.."

Nope, just end it this season.

I completely agree. While I do miss the ones who left, it was their choice, and I don't think that the writers should be bringing them back because they can't think of anything else.

We knew from the beginning that they would be back from time to time. Tptb made that very clear (and Billy made it very clear that he would most likely make guest appearances at some point), so I really don't understand why everyone seems that surprised. I'm a little surprised that Sara's going to be in the season premiere cause I figured they would save her return for a sweeps ep, but... she may only have a small appearance in the season premiere. And she's only supposed to be in five epiosdes, she's not returning to the show full time.

I don't want this to be the last season. I want this show to last longer than it's spin-offs.

Personally I thought last season was a lot better than season 8. I can understand Jorja coming back, but I did not expect her back so soon I guess. Actually it will be interesting for her to be back without Grissom around. Grissom was there without her, but we really have not had much chance to see her without Grissom except during the Keppler days. I am somewhat curious to see how she will interact with Riley and Ray.

I wonder if that psychiatrist will be back. Does anyone know if she will or if that was just a two episode stint?

GregNickRyanFan: I agree with you,we all knew from the begining that they would be back.
TPTB and WP made that very clear,since that WP left. This season will be the last,just my opinion.

Actually it will be interesting for her to be back without Grissom around. Grissom was there without her, but we really have not had much chance to see her without Grissom except during the Keppler days. I am somewhat curious to see how she will interact with Riley and Ray.
I agree very much with this. Even as a big GSR fan I am looking forward to Sara's interactions with the rest of the cast. I really liked 'Redrum' and 'Meet Market'.

Personally I thought last season was a lot better than season 8. I can understand Jorja coming back, but I did not expect her back so soon I guess. Actually it will be interesting for her to be back without Grissom around. Grissom was there without her, but we really have not had much chance to see her without Grissom except during the Keppler days. I am somewhat curious to see how she will interact with Riley and Ray.

I agree, Dizz. Season 9 was a tremendous improvement upon season 8. The strike didn't do the season any justice. On the other hand, "Grissom's Divine Comedy," "A Thousand Days on Earth" and "For Gedda" are three episodes of the show that showcased what amazing writing and talent this show has.

Season 10 is something that I'm looking forward to very much. When you come off a season as strong as season 9, you'll always find ways to try to be creative and keep the show alive. While Sara "coming back" isn't necessarily new (she did come back four times in season 9), there's always a new way she can come back. And with that, I'm eager to see.

Season 10 is something that I'm looking forward to very much. When you come off a season as strong as season 9, you'll always find ways to try to be creative and keep the show alive. While Sara "coming back" isn't necessarily new (she did come back four times in season 9), there's always a new way she can come back. And with that, I'm eager to see. __________________

She's coming back to find the monkey...

Well, the conclusion I have is this, Grissom and Sara are tptb favorite characters and always will be. Maybe CM and the rest should just fire everyone else and only have CSI with Grissom and Sara, that would make them extremely happy and they wouldn't have to worry about us Catherine, Nick, Greg, Brass fans. :shifty: Oh wait, they don't care about us now. :p

However, if the actors CHOSE to leave the show than stay off the show. Either they can't make up their minds or realize the mistake they made leaving it. Ok, this is probably more for Jorja than Billy.

I don't think this will be the last season for CSI. Except for some episodes here and there, I still think its good, though I like a lot of the science/crime side of it. However, Marg's, George's, Fishburne's and I think Eric's and Paul's contract are all up at the end of the season so it will be interesting. I think contract talks start around January, so we'll see who renews and who doesn't. Honestly, I don't see Marg renewing as she has expressed that she wanted to leave. Well that was until the writer's strike.

I say bring Tarantino back for an episode. I'm sure he could come up with a great way to torture a CSI. Ooooh, maybe they should get someone like Wes Craven or John Carpenter. That could be an interesting, creepy episode. :lol:

Now if Sara is going to have interactions with the team than I seriously think that a couple of them should be pissed at her for just leaving and not saying goodbye. I mean it always pissed me off that everyone was so accepting of Grissom and Sara's relationship and that is SO unrealistic. I know Nick was originally not going to like it, but they changed it. Big mistake.

Alas, I fall into the 'other' fans category, so I don't matter. :rolleyes:

I think that with the character Sara is a upbeat positive move, and why, we don't know.:confused: It could be so many things. She will add vigor and sparkle and breath new life into the S/10 shows, like it used to be. She's a fantastic actress, and her presence and her powerful aura will be so awesome to see again. Last season after Grissom, Warrick and her left ho-hum boring and dreary. Not to take away from the original cast or LF, but the original team blended and where so tight and had such overwhelming chemisty, so with her returning and I'll bet dollars that WP will make an apperance as well, somewhere down the line. His play ends on Aug. 14, so that leaves him free and clear to drop in, as he stated he would~ I remember when so many fans where adamant that Sara WAS NOT in the last ep. "ONE TO GO" and wa-la-there she was, so anything is possible~

I know Nick was originally not going to like it, but they changed it. Big mistake.

Alas, I fall into the 'other' fans category, so I don't matter. :rolleyes:
That's right. TPTB only care about Grissom fans, Sara fans, once in a while they will remember Catherine fans, and the rest of us can go..well watch other shows..which is why the Mentalist is my absolute favourite show now.

And what I like is that from the get go, you know it is not technically an ensemble cast..there are supporting characters, but the main character is 'The Mentalist' Patrick Jane.

The writing is superb, and Simon Baker reminds me of GE in his acting skills-very sublte, no over the top drama, some sarcastic humour-too bad GE was not pegged to do the role of Patrick Jane-but Simon's awesome in it anyways, so oh well. It's a great show.

And I tell you, the burgeoning romance between two of the supporting characters is well done, there's more chemistry between those two than anything Grissom or Sara ever produced. Their romance was so forced and so angsty.

It's a nice change for me. I'm not worrying about whether my favourite character is gonig to be shoved aside well because my favourite character IS the main character and the show is centred around him.

I still think to this day, CSI should have just had Grissom and Grissom alone. Carol M. is a bit old school with her style of shows. She's a throw back to the 70s and 80s when shows and has no concept of what an 'ensemble cast'. She even admitted in an interview once where she comes from, the 'lead star' is the hero, it was Billy Petersen (whom I love) who encouraged her to make it a more ensemble cast. I don't think she ever grasped that idea, fully. If you see her in interviews she gushes over Grissom, Sara and once in a blue moon Catherine. I never, ever have heard her praise the others. Not once. It's as if they don't exist as characters in her show. Perhaps they don't. Maybe when she is writing a script, she just sticks the others as an afterthought.

I think the reason we might expect more ensemble shows is due to the ER factor. ER had multiple character storylines and in fact, the other networks passed it on for that reason. Now we sort of expect it. CSI could never do it.

I agree, Dizz. Season 9 was a tremendous improvement upon season 8. The strike didn't do the season any justice. On the other hand, "Grissom's Divine Comedy," "A Thousand Days on Earth" and "For Gedda" are three episodes of the show that showcased what amazing writing and talent this show has.

Season 10 is something that I'm looking forward to very much. When you come off a season as strong as season 9, you'll always find ways to try to be creative and keep the show alive. While Sara "coming back" isn't necessarily new (she did come back four times in season 9), there's always a new way she can come back. And with that, I'm eager to see.

I agree.Season 9 was much better then season 7 and 8.And considering that they lost 3 major characters ,the ratings are not that bad IMO.I do hope that Sara's return is something good and that we will have a little of that chemistry from the past.There were loose ends in respect to sara that could be cleared now.Even if they had a big case that ends in a barbecue at Catherine place would be fine.

Why its so difficult to admitir the great chemistry between Gil and Sara? I'm always reading: there is not chemistry between them,was a romance forced,angst,etc. That romance was planed since a beginning,before or after going to happen. They did a great job,a glance,smile or a gesture it was more than enough between them. Deny the obvious and clear is to be more blind,than a true blind. They gets again to S/G,is because the fans want it,the show has dropped since they left. The fans order,the writters obey

Why its so difficult to admitir the great chemistry between Gil and Sara? I'm always reading: there is not chemistry between them,was a romance forced,angst,etc. That romance was planed since a beginning,before or after going to happen. They did a great job,a glance,smile or a gesture it was more than enough between them. Deny the obvious and clear is to be more blind,than a true blind. They gets again to S/G,is because the fans want it,the show has dropped since they left. The fans order,the writters obey

That's you're opinion and some others. I find no chemistry between the two, not romantic chemistry in any case.

The ratings have not fallen because she left or because there is no GSR. In, many, of our opinions the GSR ruined the show. This is not Grey's Anatomy.

So what if it was planned from the beginning, doesn't mean they had to go through with it. They had a lot planned since the beginning, including Nick and Catherine being together (CSIs original ship), but they've changed things.

NOT all fans want it. The writers don't obey anyone, except the GSR fans and only because Mendohlsen is such a GSR fan.

Ratings are ratings. CSIs ratings didn't go down because she left. Some of the highest rated episodes of CSI don't even have Grissom in them.

All the other characters had have to wait in the wings for their moment to shine because GSR took over and everything was written for them.

They have a new team and the focus should be on them. Not on a character, who's actress that portrayed her, CHOSE to leave the show.

I said it before in another thread. All the rest of fans have had to sit on the bench while GSR ruled the CSI world since the end of Season 6 (and before that) now it's time for those fans to sit on the bench and let us have what we want for a change.

Back