Criminal Minds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh well his loss. Shame a show has to suffer. I do wonder though if he has a reason for this? Don't know. I hope they get someone to carry the show. Hate to see it go down the drain.

I'll be a shame not having Gideon in the show, let's see if they made a good story about his departure and new arrival, not just the "I'm tired" or the typical "I'm dead".

Jason had a son, maybe they will use his lost family to take him out of the show, taking in consideration the fact that his last girlfriend was killed by a serial killer.

Wow, I'm completely at a loss here, especially if the nature of how he left is true.

The writing and character interaction within the ensemble is what made it such a great show. I dunno how the writers will be able to balance that out quickly and incorporate it into the back-story. I also now wonder if Patinkin will even come back to participate in the eps that explain his departure, or if that's just abruptly it.

Crazy. Hate to think it really went down as was described.

Jason had a son, maybe they will use his lost family to take him out of the show, taking in consideration the fact that his last girlfriend was killed by a serial killer.

I'm with you there, I hate it when shows just write of a character with a cliche reason and don't give the viewers closure.

Sorry to dissapoint you, but last news i read said he got lost during an investigation, so anybody know where he is. Real shame, and lack of imagination in the script.

Criminal Minds is, well was, my favourite show, and I have been a fan of it since season 1, episode 1. I was shocked to hear this news, for Gideon is a vital part of the ensemble :eek:. His departure is abrupt and completely ridiculous, for the fact that he didn't provide a reason. I just hate to see him go, for his character really brought the team together :(. First it was Elle, and now Gideon. It just seems as if they get new cast members every season. IMO, if an actor does not plan to stick with the show, then they shouldn't even be in said show so the plot-line and fans don't suffer :(. I mean, there are reseonable exceptions, such as a personal loss or event, but I hope my point is understood.

And whatever an actors reasons for leaving the show, they should at the very least give reasonable notice to TPTB so that they can be written out. Anything else is unprofessional to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back