Criminal Minds #3: Beware The Office Of Unfettered Omniscience

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by Destiny, Nov 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. electra

electra Pathologist

No,I meant when Rossi came and Morgan was trying to know more about Rossi and he was sort of rude.There was a time most fo them were all trying to find out about him or something and he was defensive.And when they initially found why Rossi was investigating an old case and went to help, he did not let them initially.IMO my reaction was not exactly objective becouse I loved Gideon and wanted him back and and i am also a HUGE Morgan fan.But I eventually learned to like Rossi.

With Morgan promotion to Chief,I think Rossi was trying to help them both(morgan and Hotch).He knew Morgan would do a good job and that Hotch should be advised of consequences.He tried to avoid a confrontation between the two.

2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

"The Fight" (Introing the spin-off crew) airs 4/7/10

Air Date: Wednesday, April 14, 2010
    Time Slot: 9:00 PM-10:00 PM EST on CBS
    Episode Title: (#519) "Rite of Passage"

THE BAU TEAM PROFILES A SERIAL KILLER WHO TARGETS ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS TRYING TO CROSS INTO THE UNITED STATES. - The BAU team heads to Texas to track a serial killer targeting illegal immigrants attempting to make safe passage into the U.S. - The BAU travels to Texas to capture a serial killer who is targeting illegal immigrants trying to cross the U.S. border at Terlingua.

Guest Cast:

GUEST CAST: Deputy Boyd... Mike Doyle
    Jose... Joseph Lucero
    Man... Jaime Alvarez
    Sheriff Ruiz... Marlene Forte
    M.E... Lyn Mahler
    Omar... Kurt Caceres
    Coyote #1... Eduardo Ambriz DeColosio
    Mother... Kristen Alaniz
    Young Boy... Nathaniel Pena
    Deputy Gentry... Alex Quijano
    Deputy Gannon... Casey Nelson
    Richard... Justin Huen
    Marion... Elena Campbell-Martinez
    Evidence Tech... Shannon McClung
    Father... Parvesh Cheena

3. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

Ugh, don't like the sound of this one. Where's the mystery if they already know where the guy is going to strike? It sounds like something from a regular old cop show, which means less clever profiling--AGAIN.

And wouldn't this be something that the border patrol would handle, not the BAU???

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  4. Destiny

Last question, not necessairly, it depends, remember they have to be invited in, my guess is that they get that invite frome someone and I am thinking even BP isn't above using a profiler to help them.

Ahhh but knowing the where, doesn't mean they know the when, or how, maybe the person is using different methods? Different times of day? Different types of victimes (ie based on jobs, looks, homes they come from, etc) right now the descript sounds one demensional maybe thats what they want.

But it could also be that the show doesn't just want to rely on strict profiling, venture out a bit, such as through the victims eyes, through the killers eyes, through the families eyes. There is profiling involved its just not all about it. Sometimes shows that do just one constant without going off premise go stall. They do a little something different, they keep their current viewers (who want to see what they are up to) and they may get new viewers (who either hadn't heard of it, or didn't like it at first), also I think they lighten it up at times because to dark and its just viewed that way in memory. Remember when Mandy left he said it was because the show was getting to dark (okay one of his excuses), maybe some of the cast said how about we lighten it a bit do this or that, keep people drawn without throwing the whole reason were here out the window.

Not to mention when this show was first thought up, orginially it was suppost to be one case that would go the whole season, because most cop shows go case by case, but the more they thought about it, the more they liked having the case done by the end of the episode because basically they could stuff alot of stuff into it. But yet still keep some of that "episode/character arc" going (ie Rossi's mysterious reason for returning, Foyet, Reids addiction, etc).

Course this is just what I am thinking and what I read. But who knows about that ep descripts only give us a minimal amount to go on, remember some eps were it looked like OMG alot of profiling was going to be involved and it was only here and there, then some that it looked like a little here and there and it was a lot. One thing I give this show credit for no matter what they do not everyone may like something about it, but at the sametime something else might be liked. They keep fresh, even if that means veering off course a bit to do it.

5. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

I would enjoy seeing a series again that focused on one big case (similar to Dexter). I doubt it would hold CBS's general audience's attention though.

6. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

Oh I love Dexter! And one of the reasons why is because I find the type of serial killers they pick to be fascinating.

I'm kinda tired right now, and don't want to type too much if I don't have to, but suffice it to say, this April 14th ep of Criminal Minds just doesn't make me go, "I can't wait to see that episode!"

7. electra

electra Pathologist

Thanks for the spoilers,Destiny.

I know the show is dark and it makes sense if the producers want to tone down things but I like it the way it is.What they can do is that after a creepy case show the team bonding at a bar or something.And I miss the endings on the plane playing chess or just teasing each other.More of that please.:)

8. Elayne

Elayne Police Officer

Hi, everyone. I've been hanging out in the CSI portion of the board but am just getting into Criminal Minds (via Netflix) and love it so far. I have a question about the 1st season episode "Unfinished Business." Who is the actor that played retired Agent Ryan? He certainly sounded like Lance Henrikson from Millenium and even looked a bit like him but he didn't seem as thin or gaunt-looking as LH. Is my mind playing tricks on me?

9. Destiny

Welcome :D

Actually I am sorry it was your mind playing tricks, retired agent Max Ryan was played by Geoffrey Pierson (aka Geoff Pierson) You can find more of his work at the link I provided. ;)

10. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

IMDB is great if you didn't already know about it. I use it every few days because I watch so much TV I see a lot of actor overlap. On each individual show page, there is a link to the left with an episode guide.

Hey I know that guy... happens on CM a lot for me.

11. electra

electra Pathologist

I know I am late but I watched "The performer"today.Case was OK,nothing spectacular but what I really liked was the interaction between JJ and Reid.Her teasing him about Layla and not knowing about the Cullen family.And the last scene at the plane was also great.When the cases are average,it's nice to have those moments.

12. Elayne

Elayne Police Officer

Thanks, Destiny. I didn't really think it was Lance; I love the man but I just couldn't imagine him ever looking that well-fed. :)

13. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

electra, I agree that "The Performer" was only average. It just didn't have the necessary degree of suspense or something. But I loved the banter in the jet, though. Now we know what Hotch's favorite album is! :lol: And I got my banner from this ep.

Welcome Elayne. It's good to have another fan of CM posting here. :)

14. Destiny

Source: TvGuide Online

Will we ever see Morgan's love interest again on Criminal Minds? It appears the show has dropped the storyline.

ADAM: It appears that way because that's exactly what happened. Between Salli Richardson-Whitfield's work on Eureka and the basic premise of the show, Tamara's return is unlikely. "Because we travel all the time, it's tough to have our characters at home and look at their personal lives," executive producer Chris Mundy tells us. "That was the issue. I don't think we'll see her again."

15. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

Thanks for the info, Destiny. I'm digesting it while I go get some coffee. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.