Criminal Minds #2: How May We Save Your Ass Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ I love your banner,Alex.

Thank yah. :)

When I noticed the watch thing, I decided to wear my watch like that for a week as an experiment for whether it was easier to see the time like that. I unintentionally trained myself to look at the inside of my wrist when I want the time, and now I can't wear it the proper way. I lied when my mom asked me why I wear my watch backwards so that she wouldn't know how much of a geek I am. :lol:

The only thing I could think of was that if you are holding a gun in front of you it's easier to look at the inside of your wrist, but I can't imagine why you'd be looking for the time in that situation, so I have no idea. Nor do I know why I care. :lol:

ETA: Found the coolest thing ever on Google Images. *points at avatar*

ETA#2: I edited my signature because I just realized that I completely forgot JJ. *smacks self in head*

Last edited:
That's definitely a cool avvie. Love it.

Don't forget Baby Sister! Hahaha.

I noticed the watch thing, too. I just thought maybe it was too big and was always slipping? Wearing it like her is totally something I would do. So it's okay.

Hmmm. I really have nothing to say at this moment and am being urged to stop staring at the computer in the Rec Center as the resort and go, I don't know, vacation.

*Sigh* I need Wi-fi.

I promise I'll contribute later...

I noticed the watch thing, too. I just thought maybe it was too big and was always slipping? Wearing it like her is totally something I would do. So it's okay.

Good, now I know that I'm only as geeky as the people on here. If I get too geeky for here, I need mental help. :p

I at first thought that her watch was too big, too, until I noticed that she's worn at least three different watches, all of which are backwards. So it has to be on purpose. I may be approaching stalker territory here, noticing that, so I'm going to shut up. :lol: (It's only a girl-crush... leave me alone. *g*)

Keep an eye out on the spoilers this week because two years ago when I was panicking over Sara Sidle being trapped under a car, the week I decided to go on vacation was the week we got three CSI trailers. I'm going to be 3.5 hours plus traffic away from my computer, so I'd bet we get something. *laughs* (With my luck? The second I get into the car MGG will post the entire premiere on uTorrent for people following him on Twitter for a limited time only. :lol:)

Last edited:
Criminal Minds scoop:

Would love to get some Criminal Minds scoop! — Diane
ADAM: And I would love to give you some, Diane. If you've spent all summer sweating over Hotch's fate at the hands of the gun-wielding Reaper, rest assured that you'll get your answer quickly, as the premiere picks up right where the cliff-hanger left off. Meanwhile, the rest of the team will track a serial killer who's targeting an ER doctor. The bad news: One of the team will catch a bullet in the process. The good news: There's a doctor handy!

Guess that'll explain what happens to Reid

Criminal Minds scoop:

Would love to get some Criminal Minds scoop! — Diane
ADAM: And I would love to give you some, Diane. If you've spent all summer sweating over Hotch's fate at the hands of the gun-wielding Reaper, rest assured that you'll get your answer quickly, as the premiere picks up right where the cliff-hanger left off. Meanwhile, the rest of the team will track a serial killer who's targeting an ER doctor. The bad news: One of the team will catch a bullet in the process. The good news: There's a doctor handy!

Guess that'll explain what happens to Reid

Why does it have to be a bullet? Couldn't he have just been pushed down (by an unsub who was trying to get away) and fallen and hurt his leg instead? Getting shot... how original... not! :sigh:

Faceless, Nameless" -- While profiling a killer with a personal vendetta against an emergency room doctor, Agent Prentiss (Paget Brewster) is the first to realize that Hotch is missing, on the fifth season premiere CRIMINAL MINDS, Wednesday, Sept. 23 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.
pic
Question: Anything to report on the new season for Criminal Minds? —Judy

Ausiello: The show turns 100 episodes old this fall, and that can only mean one thing: Major stuff’s gonna happen! “It’s our ninth episode of the season,” says exec producer Ed Bernero. “And a story that started in the last episode of season 4 is going to culminate in this episode. That’s all I can say without giving too much away.” C’mon, there must be something else you can share. “You’ll see somebody caught that we really want caught.” That’s what I’m talkin’ about.

Last edited:
Bah. I agree with the whole originality thing.

Alex, I doubt you'll ever become to geeky for us. But, if you, do, perhaps we can go somewhere and be ridiculously geeky together. because I am definitely headed in that direction.

I just get spoilers off of Twitter, mostly from Ausiello... And here. But I had a feeling I would miss LOADS while gone. But, surprisingly, I did not.

Thanks for the spoilers .For some reason,I want Gideon to be present for the 100th episode.At least we can be sure that we will have a very creepy killer.

Alex and bryn ,we can all be geeky together.:lol:

Alex, I doubt you'll ever become to geeky for us. But, if you, do, perhaps we can go somewhere and be ridiculously geeky together. because I am definitely headed in that direction.

Alex and bryn ,we can all be geeky together.

I challenge both of you. I just got back from D.C. They sell dogtags where you can get whatever you want engraved on them. I got a pair that read "F.B.I Behavioral Analysis Unit". :lol:

Dude, what did I tell you? Spoilers. It's like a given whenever I go on vacation. XD

~Good, we pick up right where we left off. That'll totally make up for the two and a half months of waiting. /sarcasm

~Huh, I wonder why Prentiss is the first one to notice that Hotch is missing. Not that I care, because I love her and that means screentime, but I'm just curious.

~I don't mind that Reid gets shot. There are more opportunities to have him get shot, because it can be at many types of distances. If there had to be any rewrite to take care of the injury, it's easier to write "Reid gets shot by a guy driving by in a car" than "Reid stumbles upon UNSUB and is pushed and injures his knee and the guy gets away". It much shorter, too. *smirk*

~100th episode! Yay! I wonder who this caught guy is. If they don't catch the Reaper right away, maybe it'll be him?

~Hey, I just noticed that there was a picture in that spoiler block. ...Wait... :lol: Prentiss's hair is different. She doesn't have those bangs anymore. I must say that I like it better this way, but I find it really funny that we pick up right after the cliffhanger and she has a completely different hairstyle.

Speaking of D.C... they have a National Museum of Crime and Punishment. That was interesting to walk through. Although my parents have been teasing me for the past three days about it. There were two simulators in the museum. One was a driving one where you chase a suspect. I was driving along and found the target car and flipped on the siren and drove after him. Unfortunately he made a sharp turn that I wasn't expecting, and when I tried to follow I drove into a stop sign. So I had to reverse and then follow him. This wouldn't be that tease-worthy, except that there was a second simulator, a shooting one. There was a mock-hostage situation, and you had to save the hostage. There was a gun (Glock from the looks of it) that was hooked up to the simulator, and you had to mock-load it and stuff. Then the actual simulation came up. I waited until the guy had enough of his body exposed so that I wouldn't hit the hostage, and fired five times. All five hit the bad guy. Four were lethal hits. So now my parents are teasing me that I could kill the bad guys, but someone would have to drive me to the scene first. (It's really not very fair. I'm not old enough to have a license yet; I only have a permit. Although I think the joke comes from the fact that the only gun I've ever shot was a Red Rider BB gun, yet I got four lethal shots with a sightless handgun. Oh well. At least I have an upside. :lol:)

Okay, now I REALLY want to go to that musuem... Really, really bad. I want to shoot a bad guy... Lol. I' am such a loser.

I am such a geek I actualyl plan on joining the BAU... I know all of the divisions and I know I want to be in BAU-3, which is Crimes Against Children. I have a whole binder filled with profiling research and find myself profiling whenever I hear a mention of a killer... It's actually quite sad.

~I'm glad we pick up right where we left off. I love cliffhangers, but then I like seeing the aftermath. Not like Bones, where we pick up six weeks later and Bones has been gone... Bah.

~I like Prentiss screen time. But that is interesting. I mean, they don't seem to have some sort of unusual dynamic... Maybe if it was Rossi, seeing as he now knows her, like, biggest secret.

~Personally, I think it is quicker and easier to have him get shot, it's just... Unoriginal.

~I'm thinking the Reaper, since Frank has already been caught. I COULD see them WANTING Gideon back for the 100th episode... If Mandy Patinkin will actually come on is a totally different story.

~Haha. Prentiss had her hair changed he second they came back from Canada. I do like it better, though. I think.

~With Criminal Minds' cliffhanger, SVU doesn't stand a chance on premiere night to be watched first by me. Haha.

~Six weeks later? I'm guessing it's so that they can do one of those fast-recoveries on Booth.

~Yeah, I'd see it better if it was Rossi. She seems closer to him than the others are. I totally see a father/daughter dynamic with the two of them, which is a bit harder to see between Rossi and any of the others. However, she is Detail Girl, so I'm not surprised that she's the first to notice that Hotch is missing.

~I was going to say that there haven't been *that* many shootings, but then I thought about it. Elle was shot, Garcia was shot, Hotch was shot, and now Reid is going to be shot. Gideon might have been shot; I can't remember if that bullet missed him. Luckily, though, that's not the only thing they do. JJ got attacked by dogs; Hotch got blown up; Prentiss was beaten; Reid was kidnapped; etc. At least they don't do the same thing every single time. (Hey, wait a minute. Rossi hasn't had a Bad Thing yet. This year, maybe?)

~I don't really think they would want Gideon back. They might go "oh, this would be a neat idea", but Patinkin did sort of... ditch them.

~:lol: Yeah, Prentiss got her hair cut as soon as she left the BAU. (They probably won't even think about it; they'll just pretend that her hair isn't different.)

~*gasp* There was even a consideration of watching SVU? :D

I thought the BAU didn't exist... I thought it was the BSU. Not that it matters, of course, I'm just confused.

I should probably figure it out, since I'm majoring in Behavioral Science/Criminology/Sociology. (Two of those are apparently interchangeable, but I can't remember which ones.)

Museum=Fun. I got a pen that lights up and has the chalk-body outline on it. *grins*

~Bah. Probably. Because it's a TV show, so everything has to be magically okay.

~There is a very Father/Daughter dynamic between Rossi and Prentiss. He is very fatherly, but it seems like she's the only one who really allows him to be. As Detail Girl, I understand her noticing he's missing, but from where? Is it back at work the next day?

~Almost everyon has been shot, apparently. There have been other things, but, still. Bad Things happen to all of the characters, and they seem to usually be shootings. Rossi needs a Bad Thing. And Morgan needs one that will make people actually worry.

~Patinkin totally ditched them. But that's okay. I like Rossi better. It would be cool to have him back, but I agree that the people in charge might not want him back. And he probably doesn't want to come back very much.

~That's how Prentiss deals. She goes to the salon and treats herself. :lol:

~SVU is cool. But they didn't end on a cliffhanger. So they lose.

I didn't think it did earlier, until I went on the FBI website and actually find it. There are three divisions- Threat Assesment (Or something like that), Crimes Against Adults, and Crimes Against Children. I think I'd do Crimes Against Children because I'd be more passionate about that.

I plan on majoring in like Psychology/Criminology... Or something. That detail has yet to be worked out.

Um, so I will now plan a trip to that musuem, haha. I will beg my parents to let me fly to D.C> and walk around that musuem all day, haha. I will shoot those people about 18,000 times. Because I can.

I am such a geek. :guffaw:

Last edited:
Go when it first opens. My aunt, uncle, parents, and I were the only people there practically. There was no one at the simulator, so I could've probably gone again if I wasn't being moved along by my parents.

Now I need to go research the BAU. Because I need more goals. *laughs*

~My problem with the theory about her father committing suicide is that Prentiss seems too comfortable with letting Rossi have that parental dynamic with her. If her letter/suicide trauma is about her father, you would think that she would have a problem with father figures. I don't know why I'm keeping this conversation in spoiler blocks, but I don't feel like pulling it out.

~Prentiss might end up being the first one in the office and notices that something's off or something, like in Damaged.

~Watch, we'll be curious and the picture will be from the second episode. Time jump!

~Rossi needs a Bad Thing before Morgan needs a Worrisome Bad Thing. Hopefully this season. Because we do need some backstory on him. We really don't have that much on him... I don't remember anything about why he left or why he came back.

~*laughs* Prentiss deals by compartmentalizing and acting like she's not having an internal breakdown. (Look at A Higher Power, when they were taking out the body of the woman that didn't hang herself. "I'm fine, let's do this." Liar.)

~I like Rossi better, too. Maybe it's because my first episode of CM was the first episode of season three, and he wasn't exactly sympathetic at that point. Patinkin probably wouldn't come back. And I'm not sure I'd want him to. Unless he was a serial killer. That would be interesting.

Haha. yayyy! We can go profile creepy serial killers together!

Bah. I'd like to see my parents TRY to rush me away from shooting people.

~Um, spoiler blocks are more fun.

~I agree. It would make sense for her to have an issue with having a father figure in general. Or maybe she needs a father figure because hers left her. Or maybe she bonded with him quickly because they're both the newest members and took over for someone who left.

~That would work. Like, "Hmmm. Hotch is ALWAYS here..."

~Lol. Time jumps are always weird. The thing is, either there will be no mention of the hair, and we're supposed to ignore it because Paget just wanted a hair change. Or, it will be a running joke throught the whole episode. Which I would like.

~True. Something DOES need to happen to Rossi, but seriously. Everyone else has been worried when Bad Things happened, but they only know that Morgon had a Bad Thing when he's safe. And, because of my obsession with M/G, she needs to be worried about him as a sort of vice-versa 'Penelope'.

~Absolutely right. Prentiss is always like, "Bah. I'm fine. Leave me alone. I'm working." But inside, she's like, ridiculous, I bet. Dang, I get so many fic ideas that I'll probably never write out on this site.

~I started watching CM repeats on A&E when they were in early S2. They go sequentially, so I've seen it from there. Gideon was... Cool, but Rossi adds a lot more to the team, especially the family dynamic.

*laughs* I was just thinking about that. How funny would it be if we ended up in the same department?

If you already know what you're majoring in... you have to be close to my age, right?

I don't remember us having this pic. Is A.J. Cook's hair different, too?

~If her father left (ala Reid, which would be an interesting storyline. If that was what happened, and that was what her letter was about, it would be interesting to see Reid's reaction to that) it would make sense that she would bond with Rossi. The "newest members of the team" would make sense, too, because Prentiss would know what it feels like to be the newest addition to a close-knit team. (I always thought that was funny- Rossi is the newest member, but Emily is still the newest profiler.)

~The time jump after Minimal Loss bothered me. I mean, we obviously needed some sort of jump, because I doubt two agents with cracked ribs would be allowed in the field, but I wanted some followup on that. I would find it funny if it was ignored or if it became a joke.

~Garcia was worried about Morgan in Mayhem, but I know what you're saying. I'm sort of an anti-shipper, but I don't mind their flirting, because I see them as two people that can flirt but still be platonic.

~I always thought that was an interesting scene in Revelations. JJ's expression after Emily's "I guess I compartmentalize better than most people"... you could tell that JJ was realizing that there's more to that. Emily has some very, very dead people in her past, and I really want to know how/who/what.

~Gideon was just a bit too... I don't know, I can't even think of the word. It's like... he was brilliant, but didn't always know how to apply it. I haven't seen that many episodes of season one, so maybe I'm wrong, but that's just how I've seen his character. Rossi adds a kind of roughness to the team. He knows the old ways of profiling, and he has a bit of an anger management issue. He might have been a tad tough with Garcia in Penelope, but he did what needed to be done. I can't see Gideon doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back