Criminal Minds #2: How May We Save Your Ass Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
*snicker* Of course that makes Hotch mom. You've never read any of Elizabeth Bear's reviews, have you? She made that Hotch/mom comparison first, and that's how I came to the conclusion that Rossi was the stepdad.

Just for reference: http://matociquala.livejournal.com/tag/geeks+with+guns

(I hope I'm allowed to post that link. I've been here a year and still don't know. Oh well...)

Last edited:
Of course Hotch is mom. Silly Me.

Her reviews are awesomesauce.

And since Hotch is the mom, and somebody replaced his second in command, that would logically make Rossi the stepdad.

Although with the whole in-command thing, I would say stepmom if Hotch wasn't so darn motherly and Rossi so fatherly.

Clearly, Reid and JJ are the younger siblings. Morgan is the big brother everyone looks up to and who protects everyone. But, with his relationship with Garcia, what does that make her? She's halfway between sister and wife.

She may possibly have to be listed as the wife, because JJ is too much Baby Sister.

So I guess that makes Erin (I think that's the older blonde lady, Hotch's boss's name) the evil/wicked stepmom? :lol:

I think the whole team is like a family.I remember the episode where Morgan told Reid how to flirt and it worked.Or when Morgan and Emily tease Reid for something he says.They look like siblings.But In respect to Rossi,Hotch and Gideon,the relationship is more parent like.And stepdad is perfect for Rossi.

Danggg, how did I forget about Em?

Definitely Older Sister. Lol, Morgan's twin.

Okay, here I go. This is the family tree.

Crabby Old Grandma- Erin
Mom- Hotch
Dad Who Left- Gideon
Stepdad- Rossi
The Older Siblings/Twins- Morgan and Emily
Younger Brother- Reid
Baby Sister- JJ

And Garcia? Morgan's wife?

^ i pretty much agree with that analysis, although i can't see garcia as morgan's wife, maybe his hot bit on the side? ;)

random question - which was the last ep of the last season (4 i think)? it's been running over here in the uk, i didn't really want to go in this thread til it finished in case i got spoilered, but my tv schedule is being a bit weird - it normally tells you when it's the last of a season but it didn't, but then it won't let me link the recording to next week so i guess it must be. it doesn't add up for me - i heard the spoilery rumours about something happening to hotch in the last ep and a possible cliffie but that definitely did not happen in this last ep that i saw. can anyone enlighten me? unless of course that was the previous season where something did happen to hotch...? *confused*

Well the past two season finales have involved Hotch and injuries. In the season three finale called "Lo-Fi" an SUV exploded with Hotch and Kate Joyner (New York City FBI bureau chief) inside. Hotch's hearing was affected.

The season four finale was a two parter called "To Hell...And Back". Here's the synopsis:

The BAU tracks a serial killer who chooses junkies, prostitutes and the homeless off the streets of Detroit as his victims and takes them across the border into Canada, and an agent's life is in peril, on the two-hour, fourth season finale event.

I hope that helps.

^^ it does thanks! i wonder why my sky+ box is refusing to admit that the season isn't finished! i'll try to make sure i catch the next one! :)

Garcia's always puzzled me. It's easy to see how Hotch, Gideon, Rossi, Reid, JJ, Morgan, and Emily fit, but I have no idea about Garcia. Sometimes it's like fun aunt or fun cousin, but then she flirts with Morgan and that's just weird. :lol: Also, what about Elle? Not the I really care, but she has to fit somewhere...

You know how they usually air the finales the week before the premieres? What will they do for CM? Because there was no separation between the two halves, it was just a two-hour episode. Will they break it an hour in, insert credits, and insert the opening theme before the second half, then just air it over two weeks? Because I doubt that they wouldn't air the CSI:NY finale, given the cliffhanger...

over here (uk) there was quite a long gap between seasons 3 & 4 - not as long as for other shows but long enough to notice!

i love garcia, she's a bit like me really, always different coloured hair, a bit weird etc :)

I watched season 1-3 one after the other (DVD) so there was not much anxiety.If I am desperate now despite knowing Hotch will survive,I would have been crazy after "LO FI" .

For some reason, I like when garcia flirts with Hotch.Morgan is a natural flirt so I can get his awesome chemistry with garcia but Hotch is so serious that is something different.I think he is more close to JJ and Rossi but he and garcia amuse me.

I hope they air the season finale before the premiere.I don't care that much about NY so I prefer 2 hours of criminal minds.

I would label Garcia as JJ's best friend who may or may not have a crush on JJ's older brother (Morgan). :lol: I mean, the girls have to be pretty close because JJ made Garcia little Henry's godmother. :)

JJ and Reid make me think of Luke and Leia for some reason. Remember how Reid used to crush on JJ? :lol: And now they're all sibling-like. :lol:

Trust me, I'd prefer two hours of CM, but I don't really think CBS would do that for repeats...

Garcia as JJ's best friend actually makes sense. Because best friends can be much like siblings, but it's not (as) creepy if they flirt with the older brother.

Elle is kind of like the older sister on those older television shows. You know, the ones that go to college and are never seen or heard from again. :lol:

^ hah, true, and she fits that role too because i always felt she was a bit looking down her nose at the others for some reason, that haughty big sister thing that sometimes happens, where nothing the younger kids can do is good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back