Cow Thread - Moo Moo Here and Moo Moo There

kazzy said:
Haha cute pictures, Duckers. ;) Vinksi is very cute. :D

Awww, I saw a huge herd of BLACK COWS! They were sooooo adorable!...Yep.

hmm... black and in England. Sounds like Aberdeen Angus to me (they are all black) It's beefcattle. Or if they were really small... then they could be Dexters (those are so cute!) But if they were black & white.... they were holstein-friesians (or holstein or friesians)

I forgot, I had these cow pics I took a few weeks ago when I went out walking :D There were 2 groups of cows, I think these ones were trying to get to this other herd on the other side of the river. :)

Let's make a break for it, chaps!

Why is it always me who has to test the water??

Time to get our hooves wet!

Watch out, lads! Traffic approaching!

Steady, lads! Let's not get too close

Ok, all clear...but I don't think we're gonna make it anyway *sniff*

:D

Here's a few more I took when I went out this afternoon:

Moos chilling out

Moos having a drink

Bath time!

Hope you all like! :)

I grew up on a small farm. My brothers went through a lot of trouble to convince me cows change their spots [so I wouldn't realize what was really happening to the cows.]

If my mother hadn't had taken a little more time on naming me, my initials might have been MOO.

Now I think all the moos on the farm are just big spoiled pets because my parents have lots of grandchildren now and they made the mistake of telling one what the fate of the cows was and there was a major meltdown. Oddly enough no one has made the connection between the lambs disappearing right before big meals. But if a calf goes missing the kids refuse to eat meat until it's found.

I have a poster of a purple cow in the den and glasses with cute cows pressed in them.

All the cow pics are cute!

Awww, those cow pictures are cute! how did you ever get near them?! :eek: When I try to take some pictures, they just run away from me. :rolleyes:

Glad you guys like the pics! :D I agree, they're very cute :)

kazzy - try not to scare the cows :p Heh, actually, in the first set of those pics I posted, I was at the other side of the river, so I think I was far enough away not to bother them.

And in the second set of pics that I took today, there is a railing (which I don't think you can see) between me and the cows.

Oh, plus I used the zoom on my digital camera ;) *pats camera*

Ooo...what a nice breeds you have in your pics, wibbsy :D looks like Angus, Hereford, Simmental, Charolais and Limousine :D

Cows can swin. Of course they can. Soem 10 years ago we had three times strange cow in our field. 2 had come over the river and 3rd walked about 1.5km by the river/swam.
Our Ramona once swam on the other side and man called next morning "uh, your heifer is here in our barn" :lol:

When our heifers ( If you not know what a heifer is, just ask) were still in our old barn, which was low and very dark. It was horrible to let them outside first time ebcause they didn't see a thing. I remember one year... I think it was our Eka. She ran straight to river fast. Mom just thought "dear god, there she drowns" but then it's nose and tail comes up and she swims there :lol:

But they usually don't go to water without a good reason.
They are really sensitive for anything "strange". I swear... today I was milking them and I had this...apron..so I wouldn't get my clothes all wet again. I've never wore it before but... cows were so shocked because they hadn't seen it before that they ran away :lol: Had to take it off. I cannot believe they saw me wearing something strange. They really looked shocked.

What comes to cows running away. I guess beefcattle (like the one in wibbsy's cattle) is like that because you don't spend so much time with them...unlike with dairy cattle. Oh please visit me and you'll notice our moos are very sociable moos. They are straight away staring at you by the fence :lol: Actually... I think our cows are too sociable :rolleyes: They are way too friendly and I've taught them that I scratch 'em if they get close. So there I was one day... small one between my leg, two under my left arm and one under my right arm and one in front of me tryign to lick my cap because I had only two hands so I can scratch only two cows at once :p

I love cows they are so cute and i refuse absolutly refuse to eat veil and i try to eat as little cow meat as possible. im not a vegetarian or anything but still!

Do you have a lot of things to do at your farm DaWacko?
and which things?

I'm asking because i have also to help a little. i don't need to do moo stuff because to be honest i don't trust our highland cattles. I'm not afraid of them i just feel more secure with a fence between me and especially the white cow.
i also don't have to help when i have an exam.
i hope the question is not to personal.

i think the brown cow is expecting! cool. soon we have a baby highland cattle! :D

aww i love cows and i want one even tho i dont live on a farm!! they are so sweet and it makes me sad to eagt beef but i still do .

my in-laws have a farm.
aberdeen angus bull they have.
very huge and very scary.
best one is called jacob and hes 4 now massive he is

I always replace mom or dad when they have something else to do when it's time to feed/milk. I also make the fences, move 'em from place to another, register them and take water during the summer. And usually choose what kind of bull we use (we don't use own bulls)

My only fear is that our heifers are bit too social. I try to scratch them and be with them so they'd be easy to catch when needed but then when you scratch one, they can get jealous and when there's 20 around you, it's scary.

One esp at the moment is something... that I always need a stick with me because she starts to run easily towards me because she wants to be scratched. Her name is Ultra. I actually yelled today at her that I'll sell her if she doesn't get to the damn field!

I should take a pic of our youngest one. She is so damn cute. The cutest calf for years!

will get some pics of jacob to post also have just had 4 piglets. ( gloucestershire old spots)
only had 2 calves this year and they are about 3 months old now. so cute
but dont like the tagging.(have to walk away from the barn)

I'm planning to go outside with that youngest calf. She has so much energy so I thought perhaps she'd like to be outside. Too bad I don't know where my camera is...

Back