Conquences: The Trial

Danny responded to her kiss and then whispered into her ear, "Good 'cause he's never gonna hurt you again. I'll make sure of that." Then he leaned back in his chair, squeezing her hand back.

This is gonna be a long day he was thinking as he glanced over at Lindsay before he turned his gaze to the back of Delko's head.

"Hi" Mac answered Stella. He studied both her and Danny momentairly, curious about what had transpired in the hallway but not about to push Stella to say anything; better to let her tell if she wanted to. He turned his attention to the event at hand, part of him wanting to squeeze Stella's hand or put a hand on her shoulder but not wanting to do anything too openly there in the courtroom.

Delko turned around in his seat. He had the feeling that he was being stared at. Well, he knew he was being stared at but he was looking for someone in particular.

There she is. He looked at Lindsay, waiting for her to look up at him. Then he noticed something. Lindsay's pregnant and she looks pretty far along. He leaned over to Alyssa, whispering in her ear, "Looks like Lindsay's pregnant. Wonder if it's mine?" Then he turned back and his eyes met Danny's. Eric just smirked at him and then turned back around wondering if Danny knew anything about them.

Danny saw Delko turn to look at Lindsay, saw him look down at her very pregnant belly, and then whisper something to his attorney. Then he saw Delko turn back around. why is he smirking at me?

Danny leaned into Lindsay and asked "Any idea why Delko was lookin' at us like that?"

"Linds, if he thinks he's getting anywhere near you...." He glanced over at Flack with a "he better stay away from Linds" look. Hoping that Flack knew what he was thinking.

Stella reached her hand under Mac's and gave him a light smile, and leaned over to whisper, "How do you think it'll go?"

xxx

Catherine and Warrick arrived at the courthouse, she looked around for Nick.

(oh crap I forgot those two last night sorry)

"Well, I hope. I also hope it's over soon" Mac replied. Mainly he knew everyone was hating reliving the ordeal as the trial wore on but deep down he also had to admit to a small part of it being certain other things that were on his mind, not entirely clean things.

Nick spotted Cath and Warrick when they came in. "Promise me I'll still be in one piece when you're through" he said with a chuckle. But he was also looking at Cath and wishing he hadn't waited too long to talk about his feelings.

sofia was waiting for the trial to start, which took a long while. but well, she knew how things like this went: first all the csi's had to be there, and ofcourse the lawyers and all. so she already knew it could take a while for a trial to start. she didn't mind; she had a happy flack on her left side, and people talking everywhere around her. she was enjoying the time to think things over, like who she did say to flack she wanted to go diving, but sofia didn't knew if she actually had the time to do that. her job in Las Vegas was busy, and that wasn't the only problem: flack was from New York, she was from las Vegas.. that could be a problem... 'hey flack.. i ehm.. was thinking about something.. we don't live near eachother, you know.. we kinda live seperate lifes.. and i thought, well, that could be a real problem. after this whole trial, HOW are we possibly gonna stay together? i already know now i can't live without you, but i'm afraid we can't live together too...' she shivered when she thought about how far away they would be from eachother, and suddenly, she knew that she wouldn't be able to handle that...
Flack was about to respond to Sofia when a hush fell over the room and Delko entered. His blood boiled, his mind was racing, about the case, about Delko, about Sofia. He caught Delko's repeated stares/smirks and Danny and Lindsey and turned just in time to catch Danny's look. He raised his eyebrow, shooting a look as if to say 'Not with us around'. He turned back to face Delko, and watched as Alyssa nodded at Delko, turning slightly, then carried on prepping herself.

sofia followed flack's eyes, and saw he was turning his head around to the one she hated from the bottom of her heart: delko. him walking in was like the devil opening a door... her anger was so uncontrolled, she made a fist of her hand, sooo wanting to let it come down on delko's head. she saw him looking over at lindsay and danny, and felled her anger rush through her body. 'Okay, i'm in courtroom, and you must be silent here, else you get kicked out. if that rule wasn't there, i would have be standing now, screaming he's as guilty as the devil itself..', she whispered to flack, and turned her head over to lindsay, who was really pregnant now, as she could see. 'how are you feeling? with the babies ((off topic, it was a twin, right? or did i read that wrong??)) and all? hope for you they aren't kicking yet, that must hurt!', she said, trying to put her mind off flack and delko and all the other stuff.
she saw lindsay was kinda afraid of delko. 'don't worry, he can't harm us right here, right now. we have surveillance guys all over this place, just because this is the place where most of the criminals freak out when they hear they are guilty. i've been to this trial once, it was really akward to think about it again. we had a guy, he was accused of murder, guilty, and when he heard he had the death penalty, he suddenly got a knife out of his pocket and stabbed the person near him.. after that, our goverment decided it was time for a better surveillance team over here. don't worry, he's harmless in this courtroom!', she told lindsay, just to calm her down a bit.

(It's either twins or triplets :devil: me and Modie are still deciding, but personally, I want it to be triplets because Danny freaking out and Lindsay commenting on him being such a stud would be a funny scene! :lol:)

Lindsay squeezed Danny's hand lightly before turning her head slightly to face Sofia. Smiling, she shook her head slowly and said, "Nahh.... It kind of tickles...... But they've been going a litle crazy for the last half hour or so......" She made a 'come here' gesture at Sofia, when Sofia was close enough, she whispered with a giggle, "Danny can't keep his hands away from me long enough........."

Lindsays heart beat quickened at the description Sofia gave her of what happened. She swallowed the lump forming in her throat and smiled, "Ok, Sofia...... I just wish we could go home. I get really tired really quickly. But if I have to be here, I guess I have no choice, right?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Looks like Lindsay's pregnant. Wonder if it's mine?"

Alyssa smiled on the inside when Delko mentioned that. Despite the fact she never knew what happened at that convention, she knew she would be able to use that against them - specificly Lindsay and Danny - But she had to figure out how. She nodded at Delko and turned back to prepping herself for today.

EDIT: I forgot I am also Alyssa. I'll be doing her part now :p
EDIT2: there you go :D

Stella eyed Delko a few times and then turned her head back to Mac, "You know, he used to be a nice guy, wonder what the hell happened to have made him snap like that?" she took a deep breathe and began to wonder, she looked back at Mac again, "You don't think any of ours would do that, do you?" and then lightly laughed, "Of course not, nah."

xxxx

Catherine smiled when she saw Nick, "Hey Nicky!" and walked up to him and gave him a hug, "How are you? Delko come in yet?"

"No...I don't think they would. I mean, no one really knows until something happens, but I highly doubt it." He had to chuckle just a little "They probably know they'd face our wrath if they did,and I wouldn't want to deal with either of us when we're angry, let alone both of us together."

"Good, how are you?" he asked, returning the hug. "Yeah, he just got here, right along with miss Legally Blonde." (ooc I hope she's blond lol or the joke won't have worked) "Strange how people can snap like he did, you know? I guess some of us maybe aren't as strong as others, if you know what I mean." He knew that some people would have lost it completely going through what he had himself, but somehow he'd come through intact.

Warrick still looked a bit conflicted; he was thrilled about the news he'd gotten but a small part of him still a little sad he'd likely lost any chance he'd had at Catherine. He pushed the thoughts away, knowing it was best he be there for his family.

"Oh, congrats" Nick said to him.

"Thanks." He managed a smile. "I'm happy but a little nervous"

"I think you'll do great."

Delko studied Alyssa for a moment wondering why she didn't respond. "Are you gonna say anything about her being pregnant? What if it is mine? She looks pretty far along" Delko said before turning around to study her again. He noticed Danny was glaring at him again but he chose not to look at him. He turned back to Alyssa and asked "When's the trial gonna resume? I'm hoping to walk out of here a free man."

************************************************************************************

"Danny can't keep his hands away from me long enough........."
While it was a whisper, Danny still heard her. "Hey...." Danny said with a smirk, "Don't let her fool ya Sofia." He then turned to Lindsay, still smirking, "I didn't hear any objections from ya."

Danny turned back around and noticed Delko looking at Lindsay again. Danny just glared at him but Delko never looked at him. He wanted to scream at Delko to stop looking at her but didn't want to start a war. He hadn't yet figured out why he was so interested in her. He doesn't remember Lindsay ever mentioning anything about him.

"Flack, did you notice the way Delko keeps staring at Lindsay? I don't like it. Whaddya think he's up to?"

"Hey Linds, any idea why Delko keeps starin' at ya?" Danny asked with a puzzled look on his face. He was still holding her hand and he pulled it over on his lap. He suddenly had the urge to be very protective. Danny turned toward Lindsay, Sofia, and Flack and asked "Any idea when the trial's gonna start? I just wanna get out of here."

((Sorry for the long post. Danny's a busy person. :D))

Flack galnced over at Delko and shot him a dirty glare, before twisting back around to Danny and Lindsey.
"I don't know, it shoudl start soon. And I have no idea what about yet, maybe its because he has history with Lindsey?" Flack shrugged, he hated feeling so helpless.
"Monroe, you got any ideas?" Flack asked, a little helplessly. Maybe if they could work somethign out he wouldn't feel so helpless. Man he was confused, and he had a huge headache.

Stella laughed, "Yeah I think they know better then to do that, especially knowing we'll be all over their asses" she gave Danny and Flack a little look and then looked back at Mac, "Their up to something"

xxx

Catherine turned her head away from the boys to roll her eyes, and then looked at Nick, She wished she would've noticed that she cared about him earlier, She starred at him, he looked good today, She leaned in and whispered into his ear, "You look hot Stokes"

"I didn't hear any objections from ya."
“That’s because I have no objections about it, Danny……” She smirked at Danny.

“Uhm. . . . . Yeah, I do actual—“ She was about to answer him, but Flack had already kind of answered it for her. “—I..” She looked away from Danny briefly before continuing, “I used to be ‘Involved’ with him before I came to New York. I think he thinks my babies are his……” She finished, looking slightly paler than before, feeling really ‘off’ because Delko thinks her and Dannys babies are his.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Delko studied Alyssa for a moment wondering why she didn't respond. "Are you gonna say anything about her being pregnant? What if it is mine? She looks pretty far along" Delko said before turning around to study her again. He noticed Danny was glaring at him again but he chose not to look at him. He turned back to Alyssa and asked "When's the trial gonna resume? I'm hoping to walk out of here a free man."

"Well, when was the last time you two were actually together? She could't be more than 7 months along, Delko. Stop daydreaming already." She said as she looked over to him. Then he asked when the trial was going to resume, "Soon, I hope. You should know judges run on their own schedules."

Mac nodded, glancing back at the two of them. "Yeah, I wonder what." At least it was safe to say things were okay with Stella and Danny; she hadn't killed him yet anyway.

That made Nick's heart beat a bit faster. "You're hotter" he whispered back, wishing he could do a little more but remembering he was in public.

Back