Complaints anyone? **possible spoilers**

I feel that the writers are focusing too much on the back stories of the criminalists and police officers, and then making their back stories a bad thing. I thought the acronym for C.S.I. was 'Crime Scene Investigation', not 'Crush Staff Inexplicably' or 'Character Status Instability'.
I feel that the show's over tone is turning 'Daytime Soap Opera'. I started watching the show because I wanted to see crime scene investigations, not 'what has the LT done wrong in his past' or 'what's in Delko's back pocket'. I enjoy getting to know the chararters personal lives, but I'd rather it be on a light note instead of it being the plot of a show. And why does it always have to be a bad thing?
I think that when the writers create character instability (ie: not mentioning previous characters in recent shows, characters disapearing without a trace and the C.S.I.'s don't even question it) they create actor instability, because who is going to want to work or stay working on a show that tandems bad events, for their main characters, for a storyline.
I hope that the writers and creators visit this website and get the low down on what the audience is feeling about the direction the show has turned.
P.S. I do miss the funny interactions the characters use to have.

I agree with you 99.9% Sword There is just so much they are throwing at us, and it's turning into a daytime soap opera, and it's becoming less and less of a primetime crime drama.

Oh, I have to jump in here and say it too, yes, this season is getting very soapy... Yes I understand the need to expand on characters, but for crying out loud ,they are taking the forefornt. I read somewhere that they are taking themselves way too seriously this season, and the show is suffering for it. If you can remember, s1-s2 was very light hearted, especially on the character side, we knew who these people were and we knew that they liked their job and the people they worked with and so they got to have some fun while kicking tail. Now fast forward to this, and we see them at each others throats, and new faces, and apparently noone likes their job anymore. I knew that this was going to be after Lost Son, but gosh, it's been a season. And as hardcore of a Speed fan I am, I wish that they would get themselves together and get back with it. Stop taking this soo seriously!!! Of course, some of this will seem recycled, but darn it, it's the main focus of what is terribly wrong with our show. That and the fact that the writers seem to be holed up in their own little world and think nothing of thefan base... I think it's been said, but WE NEED STEVEN MAEDA BACK! PRONTO...

You guys are so right...that line about his mother's bleeding eyeballs was the best.

On another note, I see they are bringing Officer Jessop (Joel West) back for tonight's eppy. I liked him...thought he and Calleigh interacted well together. Of course, seeing how the writers are so unpredictable anymore, they will probably screw him up too. :(

Oh yeah, and Stetler's back tonight too.

I guess I was one of the few who answered "Plot lines". I've noticed that they are getting lamer and lamer in a feeble attempt to add twists and turns to the story. This time they got really stupid in trying stitch together the two shows without really thinking about how stupid it was.

*possible spoiler follows*

The Miami/NY episode takes the cake. I can usually suspend disbelief as well as the next guy. The thing that really bothered me about that episode was how stupid (and totaly UNBELIEVABLE) it was to hand over a $2 million trust fund **in CASH** by leaving it in a safe accessible to the "bad" sister. I bet even drug dealers don't use that kind of cash anymore, nevermind super rich people who usually have bank accounts, financial advisors and lawyers that can simply deposit the money in the kid's account without ever touching a single dollar of hard cash (that stuff is DIRTY)and leaving it accessible to the "bad" sister (and of course the demented illegitimate son). Not to mention that the interest lost would amount to about 2 thousand dollars a week. Rich people don't get that way handling money like that.

Then it got worse. The "bad" sister decided to go shopping with over 1 million dollars in cash in a duffle bag. Any drugged up stupid teenager would know better. She wouldn't last 5 seconds in Manhattan after flashing that kind of cash in *any* store.

I like the techie stuff in all the CSI: shows. Miami used to be my favorite but now I like NY and Las Vegas better. I actually started with Miami, then discovered NY and Vegas (backwards, I know).

Now I feel better :)

Tradersteve

Back