Complaints anyone? **possible spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Nov 10, 2005.

1. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

And what ever happened to Adell? I mean, okay she's been gone since the end of season 1, but....I want to know where she went..did they fire her, did she leave..I mean, people get attatched to characters..we've seen the affect it's had on Tyler fans!

2. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Amen to that. *sigh*
    Which is very odd, as Ann Donahue has made no secret of the fact that she was a huge proponent of Yelina's role in the show. :confused: You only need to listen to the audio commentaries to get confirmation of this. Maybe the other 'powers' involved in the show wanted a change. I still maintain that if they keep her in Brazil for awhile (while she and Ray sort out their many issues), this could be no bad thing. If she remains out of the show indefinitely, then that would be a total travesty. What a waste of two and a half seasons in terms of the H/Y storyarc. What have the fans of their relationship and Yelina in general been left with other than memories? Absolutely nothing. Thanks alot TPTB.
    Evidently not! Or at least, if they do, they have a very strange way of rewarding the fans.

3. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I just wanna know one thing.....was it ever explained anywhere why Tyler is gone? It's like he's there in season 3 and then POOF he's gone in season 4 and there is a new guy. Unless I missed it, I think they at least owe us an explanation for that.

4. Footyliz

Footyliz Coroner

Yeah it does suck that they got rid of Adele without any explanation at all!!!

I really liked adele and she had a really good relationship with H and the CSI's....maybe she was too similar to Yelina and got on too well with H, so they dumped her in case casual watchers got confused?? Just a thought might be wrong.

5. Lucy

To my knowledge, there has been no news about Brian Poth/Tyler. There's been no official word about Sofia Milos either.

6. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

I was so upset about that! I really did like Adele. :(

7. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

In addition to desperately wanting Yelina back I would also like more mention of Speed!
    Most of us know that it was Rory's decision to leave the show--so his death we can't really blame on the writers. However, they could definately reward us a little bit with mention of him: a picture, a family member coming by--something. You work closely with someone for so long there has to be some sort of emotional repercussions...

8. Lucy

They seem to like getting rid of characters without giving an explanation. I liked Adell alot too. Wanda de Jesus' last episode was 'Simple Man' I think, which coincidentally was Yelina's first (might relate to Footyliz's point). This season, we've now got Natalia Boa Vista. The Miami cast revolving door just keeps on spinning.

9. Finch

We all know I agree with you there HoratioAndMe I just feel that some people are getting annoyed that people want a mention of Speed. I mean, you see in other threads people are like I WANT SPEED BACK and then other people are saying "No, he's dead forget it. move on." It's not like the Speed fans want him to randomly walk in the room and say "yo, I'm alive". I just want a small mention, or like HoratioAndMe said, a family member or something. Like I've said before, I'm not sure what I'm trying to say...

10. Lucy

Well, if Ann D is to be believed, you may get flashbacks or an episode that involves new Speed scenes from the past. Just speculating. :)

11. Fabian

Fabian Pathologist

Well, Ann Donahue isn't the most trustful person. ;)

Personally, I wouldn't see the point in an episode with Speedle flashbacks. Don't get me wrong, he is my fav male character on the show, but I think he's been mentioned enough.

12. speedlefan1

speedlefan1 Lab Technician

I agree with most of you about the disappearing and appearing of characters on this show.. I mean no reasonable explanation for where Adele went and Tyler * did he get another job or what tell us something* and mean why all of sudden they are working on cold cases from what we know Horatio always get his man or woman even he has to do it in a roundabout way * remember Blood Brothers* so that is one of my many compliants.

[​IMG]

13. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

But if season after season.. or more like episode after episode they keep sobbing after Speed, it makes developing kinda frustrating for exsisting characters.

I don't mind if they mention him again or see him in flashback. Just don't start it regularry.

14. csifreakaholic

csifreakaholic Coroner

I think that the storylines need some more development. In the other CSI shows, they seem to add in a bit of character development from time-to-time, but they seem to be a bit slow in doing it for this particular show.

I still wil watch it, and the characters are alright and I don't ask that they "change" anything, just that they add to all the coming episodes so we get an idea of whats behind the character's motivations for acting in certain ways.

15. Finch

Yeah I agree. They could throw in a Speed mention every now and then, but it will get frustrating if they do it regularily. I mean, I don't talk about my dead dog every day...(bad example but he died recently too)