Complaints anyone? **possible spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Nov 10, 2005.

1. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I was asking around, and there are a few fans who are not very happy about how the show CSI:Miami is progressing as it enters it's fourth season. Many haven't been so pleased since season 3. My opinion is that the show needs some improvement. I've set up this little poll to see where everyone has issues. This is for discussion only, and I am not in any way insisting any suggestions that may be present should be used for the show storylines or plots. This is purely to vent some frustration and start and interesting discussion.

We have the right to free speech, so why can't we vent a little?

2. speedmonkey

speedmonkey Corpse

I voted for other because i think they all need improvment well excpet for music i kinda like it this season.

But if you ask me the show just went down hill after speed "died".

And I mean its all super h this and super h that. I mean you don't see Calleigh getting the story line about how she killed someone in a non related work incident or whatever.

and DOn't even get me started on this whole eric and the pot thing. That has made me really angry!

And Calleigh ....I mean what happend to her being "way to cheerful."

I just think this show sucks. i give it one more episode and if it doesn't improve i'm calling it quits.

3. Finch

I hear you. It's just so..frustrating to see all of this happen. There hasn't been so much chaos until now. What happened to the normal CSI:Miami? Why do they feel the need to torture the characters and then barely focus on cases?

4. hibiki

hibiki Civilian

ya, i'm in Season 3 at the moment, however, i see must less interaction between H and his team... I used to like Miami series the most due to the caring relationship between H and the team, however, it seems to be much less in season 3, and maybe even season 4.

And I thought this is what distinguish the Miami team than the rest.

and Ya, I'm wondering what the writers are doing.

I wish there'll be more conversation between Horatio and Calleigh (and yes, I want more of Calleigh) and Eric, and err... I don't hate Ryan, but, really, he's much weaker than Speed, Speed is more 'real' in the whole story than Ryan's character.

I just wish there'll be MORE and MORe interaction among the members of the team, rather than just Horatio eyeing and nailing on those criminal... I thought they did very well in the beginning 2 seasons.

5. giddyforSpeedle

giddyforSpeedle Witness

I voted backstories and character developement. I think they should give calleigh a more interesting story and give H a break from the angst! Also this whole delko pot thing has me pissed. And also they don't need to hurt Ryan to make us watch the next eppisode. This whole season so far is like an angst-fest.

6. Footyliz

Footyliz Coroner

I'm too just in season 3 but I'm agreeing with the character interaction thing....the team was really dtrong in the first two series, and even shared some jokes among each other......now they are very seperate.

Would love more of them looking out for each other, and more smiles please!

7. loves_csi

loves_csi CSI Level One

I voted for characters. Nobody is the same since Speed died.
    Season 1 and 2 had cheerfulness and interaction between Horatio as boss and the others. Eric and Calleigh are shadows of their former selfs. I find the show in general disappointing.

8. Leannethemouse

Leannethemouse CSI Level Three

I voted because I hate the way the caste dout Sofia ( yelina) also I hear that Horatio's past is lurking, blah blah blah - it's a cheap way of creating a backstory, and unbelieveable - also what the other characters are up to... Alexx is the only one who has been untouched - so far

9. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

^^^ I 100% agree with Leanne about Yelina and H's rather contrived and unbelievable 'new' backstory. I voted 'other' because the writing for me is letting the show down. It would take alot to make me stop watching however. I liked most of Season 3, but the latter episodes of Season 1 and all of Season 2 were far, far superior, in my opinion.

Personally, I don't think that the show went downhill when Speed left, although I do miss his character.

10. Finch

Yeah I voted for characters. No one is the same. I can't believe they changed that much in two seasons. I mean come on, no one changes that much in real life. For example, if Calleigh was cheerful for two seasons, she should at least smile every now and then now...I mean, get real.

11. speedmonkey

speedmonkey Corpse

Yeah Calleigh should still smile. I mean she does every once in awhile but when was the time she said something quirky like "nasal muscus and it isn't even my b-day." i mean i want that calleigh back.

And I'm going ot have to admit. Speedy was the glue that held them all together.

And I understand that Horatio is the main character but does everything really always have to be about him? I mean you wouldn't see eric gettign the story line of how he killed someone.

You know what I'm happy that Rory left because then he wouldn't have to stick around and see what the writers would give his character.

12. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I voted characters. They just aren't a TEAM anymore. I agree with speed_cochrane that people don't change that much. I know Speed's death was unexpected for the team but it still doesn't explain their radical change.

I can speak from experience about losing someone close and I must say I did have a hard time dealing with the death but I didn't change as a person. I never did anything out of character.

Usually several things happen and they can be in any order like anger, crying, shock, but not so drastic as pot and one night stands. Alexx is the only one who is still herself. Horatio was never there for his team in season 3 and I wonder if he will be there in season 4.

I don't understand when he is talking to Ryan. It seems strange to me that he almost always addresses Ryan as Mr. Wolfe but Calleigh is called Calleigh and Eric is called Delko or Eric. Ryan is the only one he addresses so formally. Wonder what that's all about?

It's amazing that one man kept it all together for everyone. I don't understand where the writers are going with it. On CSI:NY they fired Aiden and replaced her without any major trauma. On NCIS Kate was killed by a sniper and they buried her and hired another agent and they all get along with her. They are still a team and they didn't fall apart and her death was just as tragic as Speed's.

The problem on Miami is that they never really dealt with Speed's death. Yeah they had a funeral and all but that's about it besides his name mentioned here and there. NCIS spent the first 2 episodes this season with each team member reflecting back on Kate (although some were a little strange considering she just died) and then having her funeral. I wish Miami would have tried something like that. It would have given everyone (the team & the fans) the closure they needed.

Don't get me wrong, I love Horatio but does everything have to be about him? If they are gonna do background stories on him why not do them on Eric and Calleigh. They deserve it too. Why all the sudden does Horatio have all these girlfriends and a previous murder?

MANHATTEN MANHUNT SPOILER ALERT!!!!!

When Horatio was served papers when he was in New York, how did the guy know he was gonna be there? He has lived in Miami for quite a while. That just seemed too easy. And what's with him and Stella...seemed like they kinda had a thing for each other.

I hated almost all of season 3 except for a few episodes. So far I don't think season 4 has been all that bad but it would help if they would get the team back to being a team.

Enough's enough...come on writers...get with the program. :mad: :rolleyes:

Whew..that was a lot...felt good to vent...just my observations. :D

13. Anni Grey

Anni Grey Coroner

I voted for others, because there is sooo much wrong with this show and as much as I love it, it's starting to get on my nerves. I think everyone knows about my feelings on speed(just take a gander at the speed threads) . He was the bomb and it's sad to see that his death is still affecting people. I have always said that we as fans didn't get closure so, I have always felt kinda cheated. And the storylines.... they suck eggs. What happened to the chemistry that the 'team' had? What happened to the forsensic side of the cases? What the hell happened??? ANd the last I saw, this was called CSI, not LT. Caine , poser. IT reaallly gets on my nerves that the man doesn't lift a finger to help like he used to do. Just like in SPOILER ALERT>>

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >>
    >
    >
    >> In felony Flight, Mac comes all the way from NYC to join in and he collects evidence and follows through!!! That left a bad taste in my mouth.....

Um lets see, the characters.... Can we at least try to remember what these people used to act like??? Now Eric is a pot head??? He's a friggin cop, he knows it's against the law?? I mean , I know that he was the youngest, but damn, don't make him the stupidest too.... Gosh! And Calleigh. She was the coolest in s1, s2 , but now I miss her.... there's not more that I can say about that without getting thoroughly pissed.... Ryan, well, I'm going to leave it alone....

Mostly, I'm at odds with the direction the writers are taking with these characters, they are totally assasinating them without even thinking...... Someone said it best...

Enough's enough...come on writers...get with the program.

Because if they don't, they are going to lose their audience.....

Whew! I feel about a million times better....

14. Finch

Wow I really agree with you two. (two previous posts)

I really hate what they are doing to the characters. I hate it. Plain and simple.

Why doesn't Horatio do anything anymore? All he does is stand around and look pretty for an hour, and we all get shocked when he takes out a flashlight...not that he does anything with it. He probably just hands it over to Delko and says "Could you be a dear and point the light that way, my arms are to delicate to move from my hips to my sunnies and to my flashlight all at once"

Ryan Wolfe. Okay, I like the guy (granted his first few episodes were a little hard to swallow) He's okay, he works, he contributes, he had a few good lines okay. I accept him (Doesn't mean I have to love him)

Calleigh: WTF HAPPENED???!!!!! Remember "Oh you're on. I bet Maken, the resident stud" (1 minute later) "Ten bucks please" WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT!!! Now she's all "Must..not..show...emotion it will send the walls crashing down on us"

Eric Delko. My favorite little cuban. NO DRUGS! *hold up a sign that reads: HUGS NOT DRUGS* I don't know why, but I feel like there is always something going on with this guy in seasons three and four. Remember in season 1, where he was just an all around good guy, with a funny personality, and in season 2, where he was helpful and wanted to make a difference? That's the Eric Delko I remember. Not "Oh I think I'll buy a twenty pound bag of mary jane and call it a day" COME ON!!! *frustrated sigh*

Now, I'm trying to be patient, but enough is enough. They want to screw with the characters? FINE. Lose a few million fans. Do the writers want to know the difference between the ratings now and the ratings three years ago? ABOUT 7 MILLION FANS THATS WHAT!! I'm just so tired of being yanked around God's green earth with these characters. Just make a case, send them out to the scene, collect the evidence, solve the crime and get rid of this "character backstory development crap" that they keep pulling. Okay fine, they lost a friend. If I lost someone that close, I'm not going to break the law, turn into a robot, hire an OCD gun cleaner (that one hurt by the way) and then run off and murder my boyfriend!!! (cuz im a girl) *wipes face*..see what I mean?

15. Anni Grey

Anni Grey Coroner

That was a slap in the face to all speed fans, and since then, I haven't had two sticks to rub together for those writers...
    Speed_cochrane, I'm starting to think that we share the same brain.... I agree with you 100000%. I must admit, Ryan has gotten a lot better, but I just can't let go just yet (it's childish , I know)....

It can't be said enough... S1-2 was the standard. I wish that they could take a time machine and go back to find what it is they are missing.... Because this is awwful....