"Cold Blooded" Discussion - *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

That's exactly what I thought happened as soon as Doc talked about the head injury! :lol:

For me it's not the fact that he was in the field...no big deal. It's why are the writers using him in the field so much in place of the CSIs? If it's because Marg and Jorja are on limited time, then add a new CSI, not a new detective.

2. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

In general, I agree with you - I like Hodges as the "nice clean lab" prefering guy. However, in this case, I think his fascination for the dinosaurs outweighed his dislike of field work (it wasn't particularly dirty anyway), so he "snuck out" to see the show.

I don't think he's particularly agoraphobic; he just doesn't like getting dirty. Scenes like the trash-diving in Bloodsport seem far more out of character to me than this episode did.

From what I understand (partly from comments in Early Rollout), the shift that's on when the case is called in works the whole case, even if it means working a double shift. So if the grave shift ends at say, 8am, and they get a call at 7am, they end up working through the whole day. Both deaths in this episode were at night, so it's likely the calls came in not long after dawn (same with the attack in Sqweegel; it happened at night).

I agree! Four CSIs = 2 per case = perfect episode. :) I like mixing up the pairings too, so everyone gets to work with everyone else (much as I love Nick and Greg together, I also love them both with others too).

Solo cases are okay, but I prefer having the conversations between the people working the case. Also, it's weird having Hodges acting almost like a CSI sometimes - this ep (somewhat justified, in that he's actually playing hooky), and Lover's Lanes last season. Too many CSIs on one case though, and someone always gets left in the background - there's usually only two at the initial callout, so the third just gets a couple of lab scenes or something. The occasional "big" case that everyone works is fine, but I prefer the variety of multiple cases. It also helps show just how busy the crime lab really is - they get more than one case per night/week (of course, that also ties into not every case being a murder).

3. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

But then I wouldn't have my Detective Reed. :(

I do see your point though. Maybe Reed will do a reverse-Sofia?

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Smokey I love your avatar.. really nice and appropriate:bolian: I thought this was an OK episode, the paring of Hodges and Ray strange indeed, but Ray seems to have taken Hodges under his wing, which is kind-hearted of him. I always love to see Nick and Greg old time friends. Gosh how long have the worked together 11 years, so how old were they when this show started? My favs. so far have been "Shock Waves" and "Blood Moon", I can't believe that were already going into the 6th episode. Remember the long summer, and now it's going so fast:eek: And HAPPY HALLOWWEEN to all:evil:

5. Smokey

Thank you, DW. :)

Well...maybe I would like to have my Detective Moreno from "Coup de Grace". But we can't all have what we want, now can we?? :p

Seriously tho...why all the one shot detectives?

6. PraetorCorvinus

Yeah, well you still have Nick. My eye candy has been rapidly diminishing. Once Catherine leaves I'll be all out of goodies. :lol::( (Sara never did anything for me)

And I really don't know why we have so many one-shot detectives. We used to have Lockwood, Vega, Cavalier and Vartann to back up Brass and Sofia. Now all we got is Vartann and I have a feeling he'll disappear when Cath leaves.

7. Washington Pride

Washington Pride Rookie

Ray has been really nice to Hooges. Ray let him help out when they made the corn meal bomb and of course on this last case. It is nice to see him happy again after Wendy left

Nick and Greg always a good team. :)

8. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

Hey, don't forget Akers and Mitchell! I think Metcalf is still hanging around somewhere too. :p:lol:

9. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I would love to see Moreno as a recurring detective. Murciano filmed a pilot that wasn't picked up, so there is still hope. :) Has Vega been around lately? I'm sure LV has a sizable Latino population; the show needs a Latino character, and Enrique fits the bill, not to mention he's cute as well.
    I'm glad to have Katee on board. Hopefully, if she sticks around, they will give her character more depth than just the stereotypical 'smart and sassy, kickass' female detective.
    Sorry, I haven't watched the whole episode yet, so I have nothing more to add. :)

10. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

Vega was originally with the gang unit, so he was only involved if it was a gang-related thing. I can't remember if he's had cases that weren't at least somewhat gang involved, or thought to be. I would certainly like to see him again (and I'm sure Vegas has gangs still :)).

I do like having a female detective, although I'd like it better if it was Sofia. :p I'd definitely like to see more of the other recurring detectives though, especially Vartann (as more than just Catherine's lover) and Vega.

11. Smokey

Vega. :adore: He has been in 19 episodes, not all gang related at all. The last episode he was in was Hog Heaven, which I guess was a motorcycle gang, but still. :) I'd like to see him around more.

12. Sinclair

Sinclair Rookie

Yeah i miss Vega, he had a very controlled manner about him.

We need a csi detective appreciation thread (that in true csi tradition will disappear without fanfare, never to be mentioned again, with whereabouts unknown ;)).

13. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Good episode. Nice to see a two-case episode again. I like them both.

It seems that Nick has been the focus of recent episodes, which is great. I miss Catherine a little bit though. If even Pres. Obama can't stop Marg from leaving, then this transition is a good way to prepare the audience. The addition of Det. Reed is also good for the show. So far, she's got an attitude and I like it! :devil:

A-

14. PraetorCorvinus

I was only referring to detectives. Those three are just regular uniforms. Metcalf I could do without, but I like the other two. If Mitchell were to vanish then that would certainly mean the end of the show (or the world). :lol:

15. margarita_salt

margarita_salt Hit and Run

I really didnt like the idea of Hodges being out of the lab and in the field but this episode definitely was right down Hodges alley. :guffaw:

Hodges was like a kid in the candy store. I loved when he was taking digital pics of himself with the dinosaur. He proably sent them to Wendy and in the caption put "Wish You Were Here" :guffaw:

I liked the other story...had a good plot. Greg and Nick were great in this episode. It was an emotional story and the acting was fantastic.