"Cold Blooded" Discussion - *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Series: 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation'
    Episode Title: 'Cold Blooded'
    Episode Number: 1106
    Synopsis: "When a college student ends up dead after a 'Walking with Dinosaurs' show, the CSIs must determine if his death was murder or accidental."
    Original Airdate
    : October 28, 2010

Written By
    : Tom Mularz
    Directed By: Louis Milito

Guest Stars:

• Katee Sackhoff as Det. Frankie Reed
    • Jon Wellner as Henry Andrews
    • Jessica Hecht as Carly Beck
    • William R. Moses as Phil Kohner
    • Michael Bowen as Jason Richter
    • Nora Kirkpatrick as Jane Lewis
    • James Immekus as Travis Kilborn
    • Nate Hartley as Brian Lister
    • Marta Martin as Sharon Kohler
    • Brett Tucker as Kyle Adams
    • Larry Mitchell as Officer Mitchell

2. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Here is a promo video for this weeks episode thanks to Sharp52092...who posted it over in the spoiler thread a few days back.

For me...one of the things I am personally looking forward to is seeing Hodges back, but I am just as interested in seeing how this episode plays out in general. I have more of an interest in Dinosaurs and their history then I do in Vampires and Werewolves. :lol:

And this Katee Sackhoff actress? Well I never heard of her before this so I am going to withhold my opinion on her until the episode airs.

3. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

A lot of people seem really keen on her, so I'll reserve judgment, but why do we need a new detective? I've missed Brass this season. If she'll just be on once and awhile, that's fine...like the other recurring detectives. But I don't want her to be the new Brass if that's what they're thinking. OR a romance for any of the characters. Look what's happened on Miami now. :rolleyes:

4. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

You can call me Sharp if you want Demonic DJ :) and yeah I agree about the werewolf/vampire and dinosaur stuff

Katee was on 24, she played Dana Walsh, that's how I know her, she also on Battlestar Galactica

I'm guessing Paul has asked for less screentime :( but I'm glad to see we're getting some more women on CSI, I hope there's no romance...for now at least ;) we already have Vartllows and we just lost Wedges :(

5. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I am one not really looking forward to the new Detective. They have plenty, we've just not seen them in awhile. I hope she does not end up soaking up other people's screen time. I'm all for more woman on the show, so why not being on Mandy more or why get rid of Wendy?

I'm assuming Paul asked for less screen time too and that is why we haven't seen him as much so far this season.

6. CazzBlade

CazzBlade Lab Technician

While I'm looking forward to seeing Katee Sackhoff, as I think she's brilliant, I do agree with your reservations. They seem to have a specific reason for the character though, so that gives me hope that there's something to her unique from the other cops that they couldn't have provided with the characters they already had. As for romance... there's a reason I stopped watching Miami.

7. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I'm thinking that Marg, Paul, Jorja, and Wallace will be in fewer episodes this season. They'll remain series-regulars, but take a route CSI: NY has been doing the past few seasons with Anna Belknap, AJ Buckley, and Robert Joy.

8. waiting4summer

waiting4summer Police Officer

I'm wondering if the $ cutbacks are at play here. Maybe the actors are getting the same money per episode, but are in fewer episodes. It may be cheaper to bring in a guest star for an occasional episode, than it is to pay a regular. :confused:

9. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

I didn't mind her on BSG, and she's had a couple of enjoyable guest spots on Big Bang Theory (playing herself). I'm looking forward to a new female detective (in a recurring role, not taking over Brass's spot!) - I miss Sophia. :( It's nice to have females not only in the science roles, but also in the cop role (although lately the CSIs have been playing the cop role anyway :rolleyes:). I really hope she's not intended as a romantic interest though.

If it's an actor's choice to cut back on their time (like Marg, and Jorja I think), then that's fine. I really hope the regulars aren't being forced to cut back just to save money though. :(

10. waiting4summer

waiting4summer Police Officer

If I remember correctly (and please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), Marg mentioned doing fewer episodes at the same rate, due to budgetary constraints, rather than taking a pay cut per episode. Thus it was 'taking a cut in pay' for the season, but not for the amount of time actually working. It could be (depending on individual contracts) that some of the others chose to go this route, while others wanted the screen time and are working at less per episode? I'm not sure just speculating here.

It could be why we are not seeing Brass every week. I just hope that George and Eric don't follow suit.

11. Washington Pride

Washington Pride Rookie

I am really excited for this episode because I have seen the Walking with Dinosaurs show. It was amazing!! Those dinos looked so real.

12. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

'An historic'? AN?! :brickwall: Sorry, but bad grammar really pi--es me off.

As for the episode...I've probably missed something, but didn't Hodges say he hated field work? Yet he's the lab tech who goes out most of the time :confused: I stopped being a fan of his a while ago, so the Hodges/Ray team-up is a real turn off for me.

I'm reserving judgement on the new detective until we actually see how she does, but right now I'm neither here nor there about her...

The only thing I'm probably looking forward to are the dinosaurs, Henry and Mitchell :p

13. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

:lol: No one from the PR department bothered to (re)check the promo before releasing it? :wtf:

I'm excited having a new female detective on the show. She has a strong presence and I think I'm gonna like her! :D

14. LaSquisita

LaSquisita Rookie

"An historic" is correct. Words beginning with h will take the "an" when the first syllable of the word is unstressed, because the h is nearly silent or as hard-core language people say, it is a voiceless glottal fricative. :p
    For example, people don't say that "it's been a honor being here".
    We can blame the French for this because most of the words where this happens came originally from French and their way of pronouncing often drops the h.
    LaSquisita - still not over being an English major.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  15. LionsHeart

LionsHeart Lab Technician

I'm really looking forward to this episode. I'm actually really interested about dinosaurs and wanted to see Walking with dinosaurs for some time now, so it's great to get to see glimpses of it during the episode.

I don't really know what I should think about Katee Sackhoff's character yet. I've seen her in BSG and she's a pretty good actor, so she could be a good addition to the cast. But if TPTB is just going to make her somebody's love interested, then I'm not that thrilled about it.