Close to Home

WOW its been awhile since this thread had any activity, well they got a second season But with out annabeths husband, I can't believe they killed him off. I started tearing up when they were telling her, I knew what they were going to say from their looks and then her in the morgue asking him not to leave her.

Annabeth's husband was killed off??????? :eek: OMG.
I heard about a death. But i thought it was gonna be something like csi did this year.

Can't wait to see it. I bet it was very sad.

What's going on with all the good shows this year. Some relative or friend or regular cast member was shot or stabbed on Close to Home, CSI, CSI:M, CSI:NY, NCIS, Law & Order, Criminal Minds, Crossing Jordan.

Hey, people. Why can't we just get along?

It really was a sad episode. I expected it early on to happen but it was still sad. I'd actually grown to like Jack a lot more since the pilot episode, so I was definately crying when he died. :(

I didn't expect it to be Jack. After all, the premise of the show was how all these bad things could happen "close to home." Annabeth's home and family were her main source of strength and refuge.
I guess they needed to make her single so she can hook up with cute guys she meets along the way.
I wonder if she'll be dealing in some way with the case of the drunk driver who killed Jack.
Oh, and add me to the list of people who thinks it's trite and lazy to kill off or injure major characters in order to get sweeps numbers up.

I know I was wondering that myself, Dynamo. Like every friggin show! *raises fist at writers* Oh well all for the drama and ratings I suppose.

I've never seen close to home before until last night and when Annabeth was holding her husbands chest and crying I nearly lost it. Killed my a drunk driver. That's really sad and makes you think.

*glares* Every finale has had a charcter either hurt or die. *stabs Jerry Bruckheimer* UGH! And that was so sad..

speed_cochrane said:
*glares* Every finale has had a charcter either hurt or die. *stabs Jerry Bruckheimer* UGH! And that was so sad..

I know! I have noticed that too. I don't like it when that happens. Now it would be more of shock if everyone stays alive.

I think it might have to do with the fact that Christian Kane is getting more into his music. His parts on the show were small and he could have done both but still.

Also to think Jack was on his way to pick up their daughter, when that drunk driver hit him, and before that they had argued, but at least they made up, with plans to go to hawaii. Imagine Annabeth's thought if they hadn't, but I have to admit that scene from the time they walked into her office, through the scenes of her running to the morgue and begging him not to leave her, really got to me.

While I agree that the shows orginial premise was how crime could hit close to home, I think they kept within the context of that, he was hit and killed by a drunk driver and that definitly was close to home in every sense of the word.

i didnt see it but my mom told me about it. i was watching convictions series finale. my friend taped it for me. i cant believe this. another show i watch for the seasons or series finale that someone dies. the only show with a good ending so far is without a trace no one dies this is out of all the ones i watch

true that is good. when asking my mom i asked her where was her daughter but she didnt know at least i heard it here. i love the name for her characters daughter haley it is the same name as mine but spelt differently

I can't believe they killed him off. I had a feeling it was going to be Jack by the way she was crying in the previews. Did a memo go around to every show this season stating that someone had to die or come close? I can't even count how many times I have gotten a little teary eyed these past couple of weeks.

i know me too megan. like i stated the only show i watch or know havent seen but know the spoilers about the only show so far that has a happening ending is without a trace

I'm so glad that this show is posted- I love it- ;) up there with all the top ones- great cast- and I was completely SHOCKED and was going NO-when her husband died- they were just planning that cool get-a-way- how horrible- :( WHY??? dman :eek: good marriage- sweet couple the baby girl- I cried again-- can't take much more of these- but it's a really awesome show-

Back