Chronicles of Las Vegas (FanFic Series)

Crumbs

Police Officer
Introducing the Chronicles of Las Vegas. :)

(If you want to go straight to the story, skip this text and click the link below.)

I've began writing a series of short stories (10,000 - 20,000 words long) comprising of cases similar to ones on the show. (I feel we never see a large amount of fics dedicated to the crime scene.) So essentially, I try and write them like an episode of CSI would. I hope to build up some good story arcs and character development throughout the series, I've got a first series plan of around 22 stories which can be developed into a second if it's popular and I'm enjoying myself. :)

I'll post a new story every Friday, and each story is divided into 4 chapters which will get updated the Saturday, Sunday and Monday. (Although if something comes up this may be different or I'll skip a week.)

I've put the stories on FanFiction.net and I'll post a link to every update, that way it keeps the topic tidier and you don't have to sift through every page to get to a certain chapter. I'll change the first post for every update as an 'easy links' post. :)

Warnings:
  • All stories are rated PG-13 (T) unless stated otherwise.
  • Adult Themes in all stories.
  • Canon as of the end of Season 11. (Minus Raskell, because I'd like to think that NEVER happened. :p )

Please feel free to review in this topic or on FanFiction.net. I look forward to reading them and taking your compliments and criticisms on board. :) Of course, the more the better. :lol:

Link to my FanFiction.net profile

Disclaimer: I do not own CSI or its affiliated characters. Characters not in the series are my own.

If you skipped all the text, read from here.

1X01 A MIDSUMMER NIGHTMARE

Summary: Catherine, Sara and Ray investigate the mysterious death of an actress who was shot on-stage by her co-star whilst Nick and Greg re-open a cold case upon receiving some new evidence relating to the case.

Rating: PG-13 / T
Warnings: Adult themes.

PART ONE

Part Two will be up sometime tomorrow. Enjoy! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! Read through the first part and I can't wait for the next one! One thing though and ignore it if you want to, but because Ray isn't coming back next season why not use the new female CSI, Morgan Brody (Ecklie's daughter from 'Cello and Goodbye') instead? It'll allow you to keep continuity and ignore the whole Ray/Haskell story completely. Also I noticed you missed the word 'turned' from the line "Whatever happened, this comedy into a tragedy." But other than that keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Wow cant wait for more and just wondering if you just signed up for CSI Forensics.com? If you did then check out a story called Another Time, Another World as it's only a one chappie atm but it's a Nick ficlet

Thanks for the reviews hypered1 and Kaunis Mies. :)

hypered1: Thanks for pointing out that mistake, I guess I should have proof-read it more carefully before posting. :lol: With your comments concerning Ray, I had finished A Midsummer Nightmare before Laurence Fishburne's departure was announced. I did consider putting Megan Brody in, but I don't really know enough about her character to write her in yet.

However, there will be future developments as the series progresses. :wink:

Kaunis Mies: Yeah I joined up to CSI Forensics.com because FanFiction wasn't working for me and I liked how you could place your stories in a series. However, the fact all the stories are moderated kind of puts me off as I like to keep to a certain schedule. ;) I haven't read the story you mentioned but I shall go and have a look at it later. :)

Okay, Part 2 of 4 is now up for reading:

PART TWO

Part 3 should be up sometime tomorrow and feel free to voice your opinions on this update. Hope you enjoy! :)

^^ Yeah and the fic i told you about is a joint one between me and Yulia who's a close friend and if you click on my pen name then you should see my other fics i have done but havent finished..

Cant wait for more and will read part two after Pete & Jason tho

fantastic second part and great to have a bit of Hodges! Everyone loves our favorite lab-rat. And with regards to Morgan Brody - it's understandable considering she's only been in one episode so far. Just hope she doesn't get rammed down our throats like Ray was.

Thanks for your comments again! :)

hypered001: I think you'll like this part if you enjoy moments with Hodges. I've got a good idea for him in a later story as well. ;)

Part 3 is now up!

PART THREE

The fourth and final part of the story will be up tomorrow. Also, 1x02 Crunch Time is almost complete, as my exams finish tomorrow I'll be able to get way ahead of schedule hopefully.

Hope you like it. :cool:

Thanks for your continued support hypered001. :)

The fourth and final chapter of this story is now available to read.

PART FOUR

Hope you enjoy it! :)

I shall be publishing my second story at the end of the week and will be posting a teaser summary about it sometime during the week.

Thanks for reading!

EDIT - I've just noticed I can't edit my opening post which is annoying, is there any way it can be changed without having to get a mod to do it?

Great ending - kept me guessing the whole time! I noticed though that we never found out what the letter was that Greg got? Future plot maybe?
Definately gonna keep reading these stories and I agree with the first post that there isn't enough like this on the forum, most of them being 'Ship-lit'. Can't wait 'til Friday!:thumbsup:

hypered001: I'm glad that you enjoyed the first story and that you'll be following on with the rest of it. :) I think you can happily assume that anything striking which doesn't get explained will be revealed in future stories. ;)

I'll just post a summary about Friday's upcoming story as a teaser for y'all.

1X02 CRUNCH TIME - The team must set aside their own frustrations in order to solve a busy early morning callout consisting of a dead restaurant owner, a mutilated jogger and a suspected suicide.

It's Friday, which means a new story today, hooray! :)

Previous Stories: It's not necessary to read them all in order but here's a list of previous stories if you're looking for a starting point.

1X01 A MIDSUMMER NIGHTMARE (17/06/2011)

Link to my FanFiction.Net Profile

1X02 CRUNCH TIME

Summary: The team must set aside their own frustrations in order to solve a busy early morning callout consisting of a dead restaurant owner, a mutilated jogger and a suspected suicide.

Rating: PG-13 / T
Warnings: Adult Themes

PART ONE

Part two will be up sometime tomorrow. Feel free to tell me what you thought and hope you enjoy it! :cool:

Fantastic as ever Crumbs. Oh and I got the Spongebob reference!;) I'm looking forward to reading more of this story!:thumbsup:

Thanks for reading and reviewing again hypered001. :)

Here's Part Two of Four for Crunch Time.

PART TWO

Part Three will be up tomorrow!

Hope you enjoy it! :cool:

Back