Christmas's meaningless without you (smack)

Part 10

Mac dozed at Stella’s bedside. The other team members had come and went. Every one of them offered to stay with Stella to let Mac go home to have some rest but he declined. He only changed into a clean shirt which Danny took from his locker. He tried very hard to stay awake but he was exhausted.
Mac woke up abruptly, hurried to check on Stella. She was still sleeping. He looked at his watch. It was two in the morning. He only slept for about fifteen minutes. He stroked Stella’s hair and kissed her on the forehead. His stubble scratched her left eyelid. It twitched slightly. Mac was so happy to see she finally showed some sign of response.
“Stella. Stella.” Mac called her softly and stroked her hair.
“Hmm…” Stella moved her head to the source of Mac’s voice. She opened her eyes, took a look at Mac and then closed her eyes again. “Hi! Stranger.” Her voice was hoarse and barely audible.
Mac felt tears filled his eyes again. He bent down to kiss her again. Then he pushed the emergency bell to summon the nurse.
Still closing her eyes, Stella licked her lips. She wanted to speak again.
“Shh…” Mac stopped her. “Let the doctor check you up first. We’ll talk later.”
Stella smiled weakly and placed her hand on top of Mac’s.
----------------------------------------
Stella woke up and looked around the room. Someone sat in the sofa but his face was obstructed by a magazine.
“Mac?”
The man lowered the magazine, it was Adam. He smiled shyly and went to the bedside. “Hey, Stella. How you feel?”
“I feel like just wrecked by a train. It was you here all night?” Stella said slowly.
“No. I…I wanted to, but no. It was Mac. He went back to his place to change and clean up when I came. He’ll be right back.” Adam got to the sofa and pick up the bag he brought.
“Here. Merry Christmas!” He gave Stella a mp3. “I don’t know what kind of music you like. I just downloaded my favorites. I can download something else if you don’t like them. I think you would be bored staying in bed.”
“Thank you, Adam. You’re so sweet!” Stella smiled.
Adam blushed. Then he gave her a food container. “Home made Christmas pudding from Mr. and Mrs. Hammerback. Sid said he would come later today. And the guys from the lab sent you flowers. I already put them in the vase.”
Stella laughed and cried at the same time. “You guys are so adorable. Thank you so much! Come here.” She raised her right hand.
Adam bent down to hug her. Stella kissed him on the cheek.
“Don’t cry, Stella. Mac would kill me if I made you cry.”
“I would also kill you if you hugged too tight to split her wound.” Mac said from the doorway.
“Oh. Right.” Adam straightened up and put his hands into his pockets.
Mac and Jennifer got into the room.
“Hi, Stella. How do you feel?” Jennifer asked nervously.
“I feel good. Thank you.” Stella was actually weak and in pain. She could see Jennifer was feeling guilty for getting her hurt. She didn’t want her to suffer more.
“Stella, I’m so sorry.” Jennifer lowered her eyes.
“Don’t be. I don’t want you to blame Mandy or yourself. I’ll be OK. How is Mandy?”
“She confessed. I don’t think the D.A. would offer any deals since all she did are felonies.” Mac said.
Jennifer covered her face with her hands and wept.
“Jenny, Mandy always takes care of you. She needs you now. You shouldn’t be sad. You should help her with all your efforts.” Mac patted her back.
Jennifer stopped crying. “Yeah, it’s time to grow up and take some responsibilities.”
“Jennifer, don’t hesitate to call us if there’s anything Mac and I can help.” Stella said.
“Thank you, Stella. You’re so brave and so kind. I wish I have half of your strength. I’m glad Mac has you.”
Mac and Stella blushed at the same time.
“I should get back to the lab now. Take care, Stella.” Adam said.
“Thank you, Adam.”
“Adam, take Jenny back to the hotel, would you?” Mac said.
“No problem.”

Dear Kikii,
He bent down to kiss her again.
He kissed her forehead again right? Hmm.. I thought he kissed her lips. :adore: Aw, that was cute! I would love to see Mac and Stella blush together. And.. I'm sad for Jennifer. She did nothing and she has to lose 2 people she loves. Her sister and her fiance. Sometimes, this world is so unfair. Never did we get a chance to confess something or did something right and we just ended our life in a second. *Patiently waits for next chapter*

Dear Asprine,
He kissed her forehead again right? Hmm.. I thought he kissed her lips. :adore:
Wherever you liked him to kiss! :guffaw:
Never did we get a chance to confess something or did something right and we just ended our life in a second.
Totally agreed. In this story, Mac was lucky enough to have his chance.

Wherever you liked him to kiss! :guffaw:
Dear Kikii,
You'll have me think sideways again later.. *Blush*

In this story, Mac was lucky enough to have his chance.

Yeah.. How I hope in the show, he'll get to do that too. :adore: It would be wonderful! *Drifts off to day dreams* :devil:

Awww I love Adam, and I loved it when Stella thought Adam had been the one who'd kissed her in the middle of the night :lol:

Asprine,
You're so bad! :guffaw: :guffaw: Now you made me thinking sideway. :guffaw: :guffaw:
*sigh* The show *sigh* I would be happy to dead if the TPTB give us some obvious evidence that either Mac or Stella will make a move really soon.

Natty,
I love Adam too. :) It's his mustache made me wrote that part. :lol:

Mel,
The man lowered the magazine, it was Adam. He smiled shyly and went to the bedside. “Hey, Stella. How you feel?”
“I feel like just wrecked by a train. It was you here all night?” Stella said slowly.
Like I told Natty, Adam's mustache made me wrote that part. Stella woke up because Mac's stubbles brushed her eyelip when he kissed her on the forehead. She was confused. :)

Last edited:
Asprine,
You're so bad! :guffaw: :guffaw: Now you made me thinking sideway. :guffaw: :guffaw:
*sigh* The show *sigh* I would be happy to dead if the TPTB give us some obvious evidence that either Mac or Stella will make a move really soon.

*Jumps up and down* Yes! I got Kikii thinking sideways. Come sit down and think sideways with me. *Laugh out loud* Happy to dead? You have to revive, Kikii! You have to be alive because you have to watch all their kiss ON THE LIPS, hugs. wedding and their kids! :devil: Oh my.. *Faints* That's when they got together. :adore: If only TPTB were kind enough.

Dear Asprine,
I don't know, maybe all our wishes will come true only when I'm dead because I would haunt the TPTB to do what we want. :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw:

Dear kikii,
You're so sweeeet. Can I join you too? Be dead to haunt the TPTB! :lol: You know.. I always have this conclusion. Mac and Stella will surely end up together but I want it sooner. I don't want them to be together when Gary's contract is finishing which is season 8 or 9. That's mean they only get together for awhile and Mac have to go. And I can't bear to watch Stella with ANOTHER MAN! :eek:

Asprine,
Can I join you too? Be dead to haunt the TPTB! :lol:
:guffaw: :guffaw:Well, we would be the famous TWINS SMACK GHOSTS then. :guffaw: :guffaw:

Mel,
Yeah, they can renew him but I REALLY want them be together soon. I REALLY want them have little Mac and little Stella. The longer the TPTB is stalling, the much dangerous for Stella to have babies. :(

OK, back to my story. Here's the update.

Part 11

Mac poured a glass of water for Stella.
“Thank you.” Stella said and took a sip.
“How you feel?” Mac asked. And he added before Stella answered. “Don’t tell me you’re good.”
Stella smiled. No one knows her better than Mac. “My left hand’s numb. The GSW is still in pain. A little dizzy when I move my head too fast. But I’m feeling better than this morning.”
“Doctor Phillips said you’re in stable condition now. Hopefully, you could be of out here in about a week.”
“Good. At least I can celebrate New Year. I don’t believe I have to stay in the hospital in Christmas and ruined your Christmas as well.”
“Christmas is meaningless without you, Stella.” Mac took the glass away from Stella and held her hand. “If I didn’t let my emotion take charge in this case, you wouldn’t be hurt.”
Stella sighed. “Mac, I’m too weak to argue with you. You shouldn’t blame yourself. Things happened so fast. None of us knew it would end up like this, including Mandy.”
“I was so scared, Stella. When I saw you lying in the blood, I was afraid I’ve already lost you. I wanted to take you to the hospital myself but I had to work. I was helpless and angry at that moment.” Mac was still upset recalling that horrid memory. He caressed Stella’s hand with his thumb.
“I thought I’ll never see you again.” Stella closed her eyes, tears slid down.
“I know we always have a special bond. Since Claire died, I feel we are even closer. I know things are changing but I’m so scared to explore. I’m afraid to move our relationship into a higher level. I thought it would be safer if we remained partners and friends. Our jobs are full of danger. I feared if anything happened to you. I know I couldn’t survive if I lose my love again.”
Stella’s heart was breaking when she saw the pain in Mac’s face. Her tears kept streaming down. She took Mac’s hand to her lips and kissed him.
“At that very moment, I understood I couldn’t deny anymore. No matter how hard I tried to keep a distance between us, I’m still in love with you. I shouldn’t be afraid of losing you. I should treasure every day we’re together. We had overcome the difficulties in the past. We can face the future challenge together.”
“Mac, those are the most beautiful words you ever said to me. I love you.”
Mac bent down and kissed her tears away.
“Mac, thank you for give me an unforgettable Christmas.” Stella stroked Mac’s face with her right hand.
“Take some rest now. You had enough excitements since you woke up.”
“Are you going back to work? I can see you haven’t slept last night. You should take some rest. Did you eat?”
“Danny is the boss today. He’ll call me if he needed me. I had some sandwiches before I came. I’ll take a nap in the sofa when I’m tired. Don’t worry about me.”
“Go home. How could you take care of me if you were worn out? You want me to kick you out?”
“Alright. I’ll bring you some Christmas meal later.” He kissed her again and left.

Well, we would be the famous TWINS SMACK GHOSTS then
COOL! "Twins SMacked Ghost". We're going LA haunting them in their studio. :devil:

Oh my! That would be awesome for both of them to have a girl and a boy! Running around the labs :thumbsup: And I totally agree with both you and Mel. ;)

Hmm.. Mac is sooo sweet. :adore: I'm glad that he finally confessed to Stella. And they both felt the same. I believe that they will face everything together in the future. I wonder what the future would hold for both of them. And, *Day dreams about their new year*

Back