Christmas's meaningless without you (smack)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by shell_kikii, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Asprine

Asprine Pathologist

Thanks for that. Sid? I THOUGHT HE HAS A WIFE! :lol: I'll kill him in my dream. ;) Can I join you in killing Mac if he falls for another women? I don't mind cleaning. :lol:

Ehem.. "Stella's men". *Faints* Imagine Sheldon, Danny, Adam or Don saying that to either one of them. "Of course he won't fall for SHE-NIT! Mac is Stella's men". By that time, I would be too excited about it. ;)

2. shell_kikii

shell_kikii Lab Technician

We better stop here, Rambo Stella would kill us otherwise. :lol: I'm sure she would never turn her back to him no matter what he did. :adore:

3. Asprine

Asprine Pathologist

Sure Sure.. :D Can't wait for what's coming. ;)

4. shell_kikii

Part 4

Stella called Mac at five in the morning. “Mac, is Jennifer with you?”
    “No. Why?”
    “I got up to check on her but she was gone. Her cell phone was off.”
    “I’m coming over.”
    Mac arrived twenty minutes later. “Did she call?” He asked as soon as Stella opened the door.
    “No. Do you have any idea where she might go?”
    “No. Did she say anything special last night?”
    “She was not talking too much. I let her took my room so she went to bed early.”
    “You slept in the couch but you didn’t know she went out in the middle of the night? It’s raining out there.” Mac raised his voice a bit.
    “I was tired. I didn’t predict she would sneak out in the middle of the night.” Stella raised her voice too.
    “I’m sorry. It’s not fair to blame you.” Mac rubbed his neck.
    “What now?” Stella sat down in the couch.
    “I’m going back to the lab to get Steven’s file. See whether any of his acquaintance knew anything. You stay here in case she comes back. Keep calling her.” Mac said while he was heading out.
    Mac opened the door, there stood Jennifer. She was crying and shivering in her wet clothes. “Jenny!”
    Stella rushed to the bath room to get some dry towels while Mac letting Jennifer in.
    “Jenny, where have you been?” Mac asked. Stella was busy drying Jennifer’s hair.
    “I want to see the place where he stayed. But I couldn’t get in.” Jennifer was still sobbing.
    “It’s still a crime scene.”
    “Mac, ask her later. She should change into dry clothes before she get cold. Come one Jennifer.” Stella led her to the bedroom.
    Leaving Jennifer in the bedroom to change, Stella went to the kitchen to make some tea.
    “She’s impulsive since she was a little girl.” Mac said.
    “You know her a very long time.”
    “She was a next door neighbor in Chicago. I didn’t see her for over ten years. She had called a couple times and we sent Christmas cards every year. She suddenly showed up last night to ask for my help.”
    “She must love him very much.”
    “I don’t know. Like I said, she’s an impulsive woman. I couldn’t remember how many times she got engaged and disengaged.” Mac smiled. “Thank you, Stella. I wouldn’t know how to deal with her without you.”
    “Yay. She’s no longer a little girl. She wouldn’t be satisfied with an ice-cream. You can buy me cannoli if you want to thank me.” Stella smiled back.
    “Well, I can do more than that. I know an Italian restaurant. You would be satisfied with anything they make. We should have a decent meal after the cases are over.”
    “Great idea.”
    Mac watched Stella prepared the tea. She looked different working in the kitchen. Like a lovely wife prepared a good meal for her family. The thought made him warm in the heart. The sound of someone opened a door brought him back to the reality.
    Jennifer got out and sat down besides Mac. Stella gave her a cup of hot tea.
    “Thank you. I’m so sorry for causing you trouble, Stella.”
    “Don’t worry about it.” Stella squeezed her hand slightly. “Mac and I have to work later. You can stay here if you like.”
    Jennifer turned to Mac. “Can I go with you?”
    “It’s not a good idea, Jenny. The lab is not open to civilians. Stella and I wouldn’t in the office all the time.”
    “I wouldn’t get in your way. I don’t want to stay here alone. Please, Mac.”
    Mac looked at Stella, she shrugged.
    Mac considered for a minute. “Alright, bring some magazines. You can stay at the break room until your sister arrives.”

5. Asprine

Asprine Pathologist

Aw.. :thumbsup: Great chapter. I wonder why she wants to go into the crime scene? Hmm.. The place he live? I think it would make her more sad if she had seen that. Aw, they're going to have dinner together? That's going to be great! :adore: Looking forward to what would happen there. Jennifer is lucky to have Mac and Stella there for her. ;) Always love how caring they are towards each other.

6. EngleBarn

EngleBarn Rookie

Oh, so cute, glad Mac asked Stella out.

7. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

nice work :)

8. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Great job....I guessed right btw :lol:

9. shell_kikii

Thank you for all the reviews! :) They meant a lot to me! :)

Dear Asprine,
    Sometimes people acting weird when they are in grief. :)

Hmm...you're good, Natty! :) Hope my mind wouldn't be so clear to read in the coming chapters. :lol:

Part 5

Mac and Stella went to the trace lab after taking Jennifer to the break room.
    “Is she the youngest?” Stella asked.
    “Yes. Her twin sisters are ten years older. She’s like a spoiled kid.” Mac smiled.
    “Well, I didn’t mean that. It seems she’s all relying on you. You were close to her family back in Chicago?”
    “Not really. Kids from near neighbors liked to play together. Jenny’s sisters had to take her wherever we went because both their parents were working. It became a habit to keep an eye on her because she was too young.”
    “She has a crush on you.” Stella peeked at Mac from the corner of her eyes.
    Mac laughed. “It was a long time ago. She got over it. ”
    Danny and Lindsay were checking the evidence of both cases when Mac and Stella walked in.
    “Danny, you got anything?” Mac asked.
    “It’s the same woman’s DNA and prints on both the wine glass and coffee cup. No match in both CODIS and AFIS. The wine came out clean. Steven Fox was simply drunk. The red hair Stella collected is from a wig.”
    Lindsay continued to fill them in when Danny finished. "I found a brown hair in the tie knot. DNA matches the one from the glass. It probably belonged to the killer. The hair fell when she tied him up. Unfortunately, I don’t have a name either.”
    “We have to find out their connections.” Mac said.
    “An attorney from Chicago and a librarian from New York, we should have Adam check out their emails, visa and phone records. Maybe we could find something.” Stella said.
    Mac nodded. “You two take a deeper look into the evidence we have. Call us if you find anything.”
    ----------------------------------------
    In the AV room, Adam was happily humming a song while working his magic on the computers. Mac and Stella looked at each other and smiled.
    Stella pulled out his ear piece. “We need you, Mr. Ross.”
    “Oh!” Adam jumped up from his seat and scraped his head embarrassingly. “Hi Mac, Stella, what can I do for you?”
    Mac gave him two files. “We had confiscated the computers from these two victims. We need to know if they had any phone or email exchange. Before you do that, pull up their visa records.”
    “OK.” Adam typed in the card numbers. Two records appeared side by side on the screen.
    Stella pointed at the transaction details. “Here. Both victims were at SD at the same night. Vincent Lane left at 8 pm but Steven Fox left at 10.”
    “Adam, print that out.” Mac turned to Stella. “Let’s talk to Miss Dolly, see what she and her girls remember. Hope she’s human in the daylight.”
    “Let’s go hunting!” Stella clapped her hands.
    “Hunting?”
    Everyone turned to see Jennifer stood at the doorway.
    “Jenny! Why are you here?” Mac walked forward.
    “I’m sorry! I just want to ask if you would have lunch with me.”
    “I can’t. Stella and I are going out. I’ll call you after I call Mandy to confirm her arrival. A uniform officer would stay with you while I’m out.” Mac led her out.
    “Who’s that Barbie?” Adam asked.
    “A friend of Mac.” Stella said.
    “Girl friend? Mac’s like a mother hen.” Adam said with an innocent smile.
    “Adam!”
    “Yeah. OK. OK.” Adam was all nervous and confused when he finally noticed Stella’s poker face.
    “Thank you.” Stella put a hand on Adam’s shoulder and smiled.
    Adam felt warm and relieved when he saw Stella smiles again.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2008
  10. EngleBarn

EngleBarn Rookie

So gorgeous, i loved the Adam moment... I'm getting pretty curious now, cant wait to read the next update..

11. Asprine

Asprine Pathologist

Dear Kikii,
    Aw, thanks for that! I really hope they'll catch the killer soon. And I wonder if Jennifer is keeping all her feelings inside. I think inside her, she's very sad. And she never did confessed about it. Hopefully she'll get over it soon. It will cause her to have health problem too if she gets too emotionally when she's alone. It's great that Mac arranged an officer to be with her. In case she done silly and weird things. Maybe Stella could get her to talk about it? Aw.. Cute Adam! :adore: The killer is quite smart but not that smart. She left alot of her DNA's there. And I wonder where is she from.. Or was it a guy? Everything is unpredictable. :lol:
    She still does.. but Mac Taylor is sooo in love with Stella Bonasera. :adore:

12. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

*agrees totally*

13. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I love Adam and Stella moments :D

14. shell_kikii

Asprine and MacsChristmasAngel,
    Killers are always think they are smart. They don't know Mac and Stella are the smartest. :lol:

Natty,
    Stella and Adam have another type of chemistry. I love them too. :)

Part 6

Mac, Stella and Flack went to Silly Dolly. The club didn’t open yet but Dolly and some of her girls were there.
    “Mmm, a beautiful, sexy leopard.” Dolly looked Stella in the eyes and said lazily.
    “Thank you.” Stella smiled back.
    “Madam, we want to know if you have any information about these men.” Mac showed her the photos.
    “Are they dead? What a shame! Vincent was my regular, a generous tipper. I don’t know the other guy.” Dolly showed Steven’s photo to the girls, they all shook their heads.
    “How well do you know Vincent?”
    “A generous tipper. I don’t need to know how a librarian could do that.” Dolly shrugged.
    “Is any of your girls his favorite?”
    “Celia, my hottest bunny.” Without taking her eyes away from Mac, Dolly crooked her finger to the girls.
    A pink head stepped forward.
    “Celia, do you recall anything special about Vincent?”
    “He was very exciting the last time I saw him. It was about a month ago. He was babbling about selling some small antique artifact.”
    “Did he say where the artifact came from?”
    “Someone smuggled out from Africa. Something liked that. He said he already had two buyers. Said he would take me to Miami when he got the money.”
    “Did he talk about the buyers?”
    “Nope.”
    “Thank you. Please call me if you remember anything else.” Mac gave Celia his card.
    The detectives left the club.
    “Maybe librarian was just a part time job. He made his living by selling illegal goods. And that’s why Steven Fox, an attorney, was involved. We need to dig deeper into their histories. ” Stella said when they were outside the club.
    Mac’s phone rang.
    “It’s Mandy, Jennifer’s sister. Let’s go back to the lab.” Mac told Stella when he hung up.
    ----------------------------------------
    Mandy Hanford was a tall, slim woman. She had nothing alike to Jennifer. Competent, smart and tough were all written over her face. Jennifer was like a greenhouse flower, waiting to be pampered.
    “It’s good to see you, Mac. It’s been a long time.” She embraced Mac tightly when she saw him.
    “Yeah, over ten years. This is Stella. She works Steven’s case.” Mac introduced Stella.
    Mandy shook Stella’s hand. “I couldn’t believe it when Mac called. Poor Steven! Do you know who did it?”
    “We’re working on it.”
    “Please tell me if you have any progress.”
    “Sure.”
    “Mandy, you better take Jenny back to the hotel. She didn’t sleep well last night. I’ll call you later.” Mac said.
    “OK. Jenny, let’s go.” Mandy pulled Jennifer up from the sofa.
    “What happened to your hand?” Jennifer noticed a plaster on Mandy’s hand.
    “Oh. I smacked my hand to the corner of the desk when I collected my stuff hastily. I want to get to you ASAP.”
    “I’m so sorry, Mandy.” Jennifer said apologetically.
    “Hey, you’re my baby sister. I should be there when you need me.” Mandy put a hand around Jennifer’s shoulders and led her out of Mac’s office.
    “Bye. Mac. Stella.” Jennifer followed like an obedient child.

15. EngleBarn

EngleBarn Rookie

So funny, sorry, but loved the part were Dolly said that to Stella, i could so imagine Stella responding like that, without any further thought to it.

Am i wrong when wondering if there is more to that Hand?