Celebrity News

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOS ANGELES – Michelle Monaghan and Chris O'Donnell are set to reveal the nominees for the 16th annual Screen Actors Guild Awards.

i thought you were going to say they got married, i would've been surprised....:guffaw:
:lol: I am pretty sure they would both be surprised at that too lol, considering he married his college sweetheart in 1997 (12 yrs) and they have five kids (ages 10, 9, 6, 3 & 2). - And she is married to an artist in (2005), and has a daughter just a little over a year old. :p
Course not as surprised as their spouses. :guffaw:

*Stephanie Pratt court records show will serve three years of informal probation after pleading 'no contest' to a lesser charge in a drunk driving case. Pratt, who appears on MTV's "The Hills", pleaded 'not contest' to a charge of exhibition of speed in a L.A. court. She was arrested in October in Hollywood and charged with drunk driving. Pratt's attorney, Jon Artz, says the plead deal was reached because there was no evidence Pratt was driving imparied. The records say that Pratt will attend Alcoholics Anonymous classes~

NEWS SERVICES

Conan O'Brien says no thanks to NBC move (AP)

LOS ANGELES – Conan O'Brien has refused to play along with NBC's plan to move "The Tonight Show" and return Jay Leno to late-night, abruptly derailing the network's effort to resolve its scheduling mess.

O'Brien said in a statement Tuesday that shifting "Tonight" will "seriously damage what I consider to be the greatest franchise in the history of broadcasting," and he expressed disappointment that NBC had given him less than a year to establish himself as host at 11:35 p.m. EST.

He doesn't have an offer in hand from another network, O'Brien said. Fox, which lacks a network late-night show, has expressed its appreciation for him but said this week that no negotiations have been held.

In his statement, wryly addressed to "People of Earth," the comic knocked his network's prime-time ratings woes, which stem in part from the poor performance of Leno's new prime-time show. "The Jay Leno Show" debuted in the fall after Leno surrendered his 17-year stake in the "Tonight" last spring to O'Brien.

"It was my mistaken belief that, like my predecessor, I would have the benefit of some time and, just as important, some degree of ratings support from the prime-time schedule. Building a lasting audience at 11:30 is impossible without both," O'Brien said.

"But sadly, we were never given that chance. After only seven months, with my 'Tonight Show' in its infancy, NBC has decided to react to their terrible difficulties in prime-time by making a change in their long-established late night schedule.

Growing up watching "Tonight" host Johnny Carson and getting the chance to "one day sit in that chair has meant everything to me," and was an opportunity he worked long and hard to obtain, O'Brien said.

NBC wants to move Leno out of prime-time and to the 11:35 p.m. slot with a half-hour show, bumping "Tonight" to 12:05 a.m. — the latest it's ever regularly aired. The network was under pressure to make a change from its affiliate stations, who found Leno's show an inadequate ratings lead-in for their lucrative local newscasts.

For more: Here

LOS ANGELES – Conan O'Brien has refused to play along with NBC's plan to move "The Tonight Show" and return Jay Leno to late-night, abruptly derailing the network's effort to resolve its scheduling mess.

O'Brien said in a statement Tuesday that shifting "Tonight" will "seriously damage what I consider to be the greatest franchise in the history of broadcasting," and he expressed disappointment that NBC had given him less than a year to establish himself as host at 11:35 p.m. EST.

He doesn't have an offer in hand from another network, O'Brien said. Fox, which lacks a network late-night show, has expressed its appreciation for him but said this week that no negotiations have been held.

In his statement, wryly addressed to "People of Earth," the comic knocked his network's prime-time ratings woes, which stem in part from the poor performance of Leno's new prime-time show. "The Jay Leno Show" debuted in the fall after Leno surrendered his 17-year stake in the "Tonight" last spring to O'Brien.

"It was my mistaken belief that, like my predecessor, I would have the benefit of some time and, just as important, some degree of ratings support from the prime-time schedule. Building a lasting audience at 11:30 is impossible without both," O'Brien said.

"But sadly, we were never given that chance. After only seven months, with my 'Tonight Show' in its infancy, NBC has decided to react to their terrible difficulties in prime-time by making a change in their long-established late night schedule.

Growing up watching "Tonight" host Johnny Carson and getting the chance to "one day sit in that chair has meant everything to me," and was an opportunity he worked long and hard to obtain, O'Brien said.

NBC wants to move Leno out of prime-time and to the 11:35 p.m. slot with a half-hour show, bumping "Tonight" to 12:05 a.m. — the latest it's ever regularly aired. The network was under pressure to make a change from its affiliate stations, who found Leno's show an inadequate ratings lead-in for their lucrative local newscasts.

Leno is a name and he BRINGS THE $$$$$$$ to the network that is why they r doing this

Everyone has a favorite late night talk show host, I happen to be a avid Leno fan and always have and always will. He's funny, charming, sweet, kind and is great with his guests. His Jaywalking and "Headline's" hilarious. I also like Craig Ferguson and George Lopez.[though their not involved in this hassle] Some say it's an age thing, I know that isn't the case cause I've got friends and family from alll walks of life and all ages. Some like Letterman some don't, visa versa with Leno, although I haven't heard any negative news against him. and so it goes. I think that Leno does have the edge and the clout, and he'll survive no matter where or what time he's on~

Last edited:
just learned that Michael C. Hall from Dexter has cancer. i'm sad cuz i love the guy but i also breathed a sigh of relief when i read on that he is on a path to getting healthy. i keep my fingers crossed for him.

Golden Girls' Rue McClanahan Suffers Stroke

Golden Girl Rue McClanahan has suffered what her rep terms a "minor" stroke while recovering from heart bypass surgery.

The erstwhile Blanche Devereaux had her heart operation in November. The Emmy winner then spent two weeks in the ICU after doctors successfully removed the blood clot in her brain. Her recovery is slow but steady, with her speech and movement on the right side of her body affected.

McClanahan, 75, is undergoing physical therapy but should be out of the hospital by the end of the month, according to her rep.

With the death of Bea Arthur last year, McClanahan and Betty White are the last surviving stars of the hugely popular former NBC sitcom.

Let's hope this Golden Girl is back in the pink as soon as possible.

Source: E! Online

They just have different auciede.. I think Jay has wider age-range and Conan has mostly teens and young aduls (majorgroup)

But then again, they have different kind of humor. Jay is more stand-up

I've never liked Jay but sometimes I feel Conan has lived his best years in talk show business.

But at least someone is getting fun off it

Letterman:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msC3uu4KZbg

*Hollywood heartthrob Johnny Depp was honored Wednesday with a life sized statue in Serbbia. "The Pirates of The Caribbean" star had a statue in his image unveiled to him by reowned Serbian director Emir Kusturica during an annual film festival-called Kustendorf--held in a mountain village in southwestern Serbia. Depp met with Serbian President Boris Tadic upon his arrival on Tuesday. He was then flown by helicopter to the mountain top village constructed by Kusturica for one of his movies. Kusturica, a two time Cannes Film Festival winner, said he plans to make a movie with Depp paying legentary Mexican revolutionary Pancho Villa "Depp will be my guest for three days' Kusturica said. "He will lead several work-shops for participants of the festival, of drink wine, watch films and visit some locations where he will shoot a film about Pancho Villa~ [wow he'll be great as this villian]~

NEWS SERVICES

They just have different auciede.. I think Jay has wider age-range and Conan has mostly teens and young aduls (majorgroup)

But then again, they have different kind of humor. Jay is more stand-up

I've never liked Jay but sometimes I feel Conan has lived his best years in talk show business.

But at least someone is getting fun off it

Letterman:
I agree with you on this, and I too never cared for either guy really, the only person I think handled the "Tonight show" well was Johnny Carson they should have ended it when he left. it's never been the same since.

Jay Leno was Johnny Carson's protege, he always subed for him when Johnny was on vacation or not there. He wanted him to replace him and he did. Thre will never be another Johnny Carson, I was heartbroken when he passed, but I see it this way. Some of the other late night hosts just want people to laugh at them, and one is arrogant, cynical and smug, 3 traits that I detest, where as Jay wants you to laugh at the jokes the skits and the topics, not him~

Last edited:
It is nothing personal just our opinion regarding all of this. I am sorry but neither Jay nor Conan is innocent in any of this, and so many others getting involved doesn't help, not to mention that NBC can't make up their minds (not that, that is new) regarding any show. This Saga is just getting tiring, and some like Jay, some like Conan, some like both or neither.

I know what went on with the tonight show and how it was handed off, my point was back then people [fans & Critics] were leery of Jay taking over, I know I stopped watching it two eps into Jay taking over. Jay like Conan isn't immuned to controversy over jokes. Those two are no different then any other comics IMO, it just all comes down to money. As I said I don't much care for either guy from what I know/seen of him on tv. Can't say in real life as I don't know them personally.

Lets face it NBC is dragging this and these two are getting something out it along with NBC. I don't believe for one second it is as bad as they are making it out to be. Not to mention that people associated with NBC would speak (no names) to the media regarding this, same for the stars. To me it just seems like its all one big promotional stunt to get ratings, and that personally is in bad taste. As does bringing in all these stars to take a side, or make jokes out of it. Do this quietly and with less stink and no harm done. JMO

Moving on... on this subject I am only doing links.

TvGuide: Report: Conan O'Brien, NBC Close to a Deal

Yahoo News: Source: Deal near for O'Brien to leave `Tonight'

TvGuide: Conan vs Leno (Stars speak up)
TMZ: Conan O'Brien Strikes Departure Deal with NBC

EDITED TO ADD

TvGuide: Rep: Conan Has Been "Worried About Staff Since Day 1"

EW: Friday night massacre: Late-night jokes, and why the anti-Conan, pro-Jay backlash won't work

Yahoo AP: Source: Deal near for O'Brien to leave `Tonight'

TMZ: Conan O'Brien, NBC Settlement -- No Trash Talk

Ratings rise for O'Brien as nasty NBC exit nears

Last edited:
Cancer-stricken Dennis Hopper files for divorce

Cancer-stricken actor Dennis Hopper has filed for divorce from his wife of nearly 14 years, court records have shown.

Hopper, 73, who was diagnosed with prostate cancer last year, filed his petition to divorce Victoria Hopper in Los Angeles Superior Court on Thursday.

The couple married on April 12, 1996 and separated on Tuesday, according to the petition, which cited "irreconcilable differences" for the split.

Hopper is seeking joint legal and physical custody of the couple's daughter, Galen, 6.

Hopper has appeared in several classic films during a career spanning more than half a century. - A notable early role came in the James Dean hit "Rebel Without a Cause" in 1955, and he later appeared in 1969's "Easy Rider," "Apocalypse Now" (1979) and "Blue Velvet" (1986).

*Madonna has donated $250,000 toward the Haitian earthquake relief fund, and encourged he fans and friends to match that. The pop queen said in a prepared statement that her prayers are with the people of Haiti and she has donated to Partners In Health, a longtime health provider there. "I urge all of my friends and fans around the world to join me collectively to match my contribution or give in any way you can, we must act now" she said.~

*Not On Our Watch, an advocacy and grant-making group founded by George Clooney, Brad Pitt and others also donated $1 million to Partners In Health~

NEWS SERVICES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back