Celebrity News

Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek:WOW> amazing.. 100 hard to believe, cool though as long as she's healthy, Bob was 100 too, I didn't know that. He was a master of comedy. with his straight face ad-libs, and our troops loved him to pieces:cool:

Susan Boyle dreamed a dream but alas came in 2nd place next to a dance troupe called 'Diversity" on the hit show "Britains Got Talent". After the announcement, Boyle curtisied to the audience and gave her signature hip shake. During her finals performance, Boyle looked polished, wearing a sparkling floor length gown~

Ozzy Osbourne has accused a fomer "Black Sabbath" band mate Tony Iommi in a New York City court of taking over the heavy metal titans' name and costing him royalities from merchandise sales. Osburne sued the guitarist earlier this week and issued a statement imploring him to "do the right thing". Osburne filed suit Tuesday in a federal court in N.Y. The suit says Iommi falsely claimed to have sole rights to 'Black Sabbath's" trademark in recent negoitations with a company that sells the band's merchandise. Iommi noted in a separate lawsuit against the merchandise firm that he's been the only constant memmber in thier 40-year history of the bansd~ OH, make the "Rolling Stones' your guide:klingon: would they ever do this?

Prince Harry followed in his mothere's footsteps saturday by rasing money for a charity that supports AIDS orphans as he played polo in this city. Princess Diana loved New York. Her 24-yr. old son was on Governors Island in the NY Harbor to play in the Veuve Cliequot Manhattan Polo Classic. The match will benefit the Sentebale charity that Harry set up with Prince Seelso of Lesotho for improvished children in that African nation. "The prince and I both lost our mothers when we were very young" Harry told a pre-match VIP gathering. "We st up Sentebale in their memory, and because my mother loved this city, it makes it all the more poignant for me"

NEWS SERVICES

CHER has sued Universal Music Group claiming the company owes her and Sonny Bono's heirs more than $5 million. The lawsuit filed Tuesday in Santa Monica, claims Cher and Bono's widow and children are owed royalities on songs that were included in a recent greatest-hits compliations. The suit also states UMG has failed to provide ley records that would show how much is actually owed~

The New York mets are inviting an old friend to play at their new stadium, but not just any old friend it would be Sir Paul McCartney The music legend will perform the first concerts at Citi Field on July 17 and 18. In a statement, McCartney says he's excited to be the first to play the stadium, and he's "really looking forward to a buzzing show"

A judge placed former "Columbo" star Peter Falk in a conservatorship Monday to ensure his daughter could occasionally visit the ailing 81-yr-old actor. Falk's wife of more than 30 years, Shera, will remain in control of his personal xare and affairs. Falk has advanced dementia, likely from Alzheimer's disease, one of the doctors testified Monday. Catherine Falk petitioned in December to take over her father's affairs despite a sometimes contentious relationship with Falk, and his wife. By a court order, she will be allowed a 30-minute visit with her father ever other month~ sad:(

NEWS SERVICES

Actor Efrem Zimbalist Jr. honored by FBI
Jun 8, 6:28 PM (ET)

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Efrem Zimbalist Jr. finally got his badge.

The actor who portrayed cool and canny Inspector Lewis Erskine on the TV series "The F.B.I." was named an honorary special agent Monday - the FBI's highest civilian honor.

The 91-year-old actor was presented with the badge by FBI Director Robert Mueller. He praised Zimbalist as an icon who inspired a generation of FBI agents.

Zimbalist said he was humbled and called the agency America's "guardian."
The show ran on ABC from 1965 to 1974.

I loved Efrem, congrat. to him, and at 91 he still looks so distinguished~

Chastity Bono is having a sex change to become a man. A spokesman for Bono, born a girl to Sonny Bono and Cher says he "has made the courageous decision to honor his true idenity" and began the sex-change process earlier this year. Publicist Howard Bragman said Bono is proud of his decision and hopes "that his choice to this transition will open the hearts and minds of the public regarding this issue. The 40-yr.old writer, activist and reality TV star came out as gay 20 years ago~

Maya Rudolph is pregnant again, both in real life and on the big screen in "Away We Go". But don't think for a minute that a feature film career or a 2nd baby would stop her from returning to NBC's "SNL" Rudolph perhaps best known as part of producer Lorne Michaels ensemble, has returned for occasional guest shots after leaving the show in 2007 following a 7-yr. run~

NEWS SERVICES

Billy Joel and his wife Katie are confirming a split. In a statement, the pair said they remain friends and have admiration and respect for each other. The got married 5 years ago at Joel's mansion on Long Island. A representative for Joel did not immediately respond to the question of whether the couple were getting a divorce. This the the Piano Man's 3rd marriage her 1st. The 60-year-old Joel is one of pop's most successful singer-songwriters. Katie Lee Joel hosted the first season of Bravo TV's "Top Chef" He recorded the song "All My Life" as an anniversary gift to his wife two years ago~

NEWS SERVICES

Kelly Preston is returning to work after the death of her teenage son, in January. Disney sats Preston will co-star in it's coming-of-age drama "The Last Song" which began filming in Savannah, GA. The 46-yr.-old actress plays the mother of Miley Cyrus character, a rebellious teen forced to spend the summer with her estranged father, played by Greg Kinnear Preston and her husband John Travolta have kept a very low profile since their 16-yr. old son, Jett Travolta died following a seizure in January John did not participate in the promotion for his latest film "The Taking of Pelham 123"~

NEWS SERVICE

After over 16 years of marriage, actors Bradley Whitford and Jane Kaczmarek are divorcing. Whitford's publicist says the "West Wing" actor and "Malcolm in the Middle" actress are divorcing. The couple were married in August 1992, and have 3 children. Kaczmarek currently stars as a judge on TNT's "Rasing The Bar" Whitford starred in a Broadway revival of "Boeing-Boeing" last year~

NEWS SERVICES

From TV Guide Online:

Farrah Fawcett's longtime partner Ryan O'Neal has asked the ailing actress to marry him again.

"I've asked her to marry me again, and she's agreed," O'Neal, 68, told Barbara Walters in a 20/20 interview airring Friday. He described the 62-year-old actress battling cancer to be "fighting for her life."

Though O'Neal said he used to ask Fawcett to marry him "all the time," he asserts that this is the real deal. "I promise you we will — absolutely."

"We will, as soon as she can say yes... maybe we can just nod her head," O'Neal said, laughing.

O'Neal explained how he already picked out his outfit for the ceremony: "Like a gigolo, you know? And a little thin mustache and slicked-back hair. I don't know. We have fun; we tease about that."

Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick are the proud parents of twin girls delivered by a surrogate mother, a publicist said Tuesday. The girls were born Monday afternoon at an Ohio hospital and were named Marion Loretta Elwell Broderick who weighed 5 lbs and 11 oz. and Tabitha Hodge Broderick who weighed in at 6 lbs. Hodge and Elwell are family names on Parker's side. "The babies are doing beautifully and the entire family are over the moon" said Hall their family spokesman. The 44-yr. old star of the TV show and film "Sex And The City" had complained last month to "Acess Hollywood" that the surrogate's phone and computer had been hacked into and that she had recieved threats. Authorities are also investigating whether two Ohio police burglarized the surrogates home in the eastern Ohio town of Martins Ferry so they could sell photos and other info. to a tabloid [how cheesy] Parker and Broderick her 47-yr. old husband and fellow actor had confirmed they were expecting twin daughters by a surrogate. THey had been unable to conceive since Parker gave birth to a son now 6~

NEWS SERVICES

From TMZ: Link

We've just learned Michael Jackson was taken by ambulance to a hospital in Los Angeles ... and we're told it was cardiac arrest and that paramedics administered CPR in the ambulance ... and it's looking bad.

And even worse: Link

We've just learned Michael Jackson has died. He was 50.

Michael suffered a cardiac arrest earlier this afternoon and paramedics were unable to revive him. We're told when paramedics arrived Jackson had no pulse and they never got a pulse back.

Michael is survived by three children: Michael Joseph Jackson, Jr., Paris Michael Katherine Jackson and Prince "Blanket" Michael Jackson II.

Jackson had 13 number one hits during his solo career.

Story developing...

They don't say how they know yet. If they eventually say that a family member told them, I'll believe it for sure. I didn't put this in the RIP thread because I don't know for sure yet... but if so, wow. :(

EDIT: Just watched my local news. They talked to a reporter in LA outside of the hospital who says Michael may be in a coma. So it's still not a for sure yet that he's dead.

EDIT again: More on the news. Apparently the LA Times is confirming that he is dead. But there are still more reports from CNN that he's only in a coma.

It's confirmed now that he's dead. RIP.

Last edited:
From TMZ: Link

We've just learned Michael Jackson was taken by ambulance to a hospital in Los Angeles ... and we're told it was cardiac arrest and that paramedics administered CPR in the ambulance ... and it's looking bad.
And even worse: Link

We've just learned Michael Jackson has died. He was 50.

Michael suffered a cardiac arrest earlier this afternoon and paramedics were unable to revive him. We're told when paramedics arrived Jackson had no pulse and they never got a pulse back.

Michael is survived by three children: Michael Joseph Jackson, Jr., Paris Michael Katherine Jackson and Prince "Blanket" Michael Jackson II.

Jackson had 13 number one hits during his solo career.

Story developing...
They don't say how they know yet. If they eventually say that a family member told them, I'll believe it for sure. I didn't put this in the RIP thread because I don't know for sure yet... but if so, wow. :(

EDIT: Just watched my local news. They talked to a reporter in LA outside of the hospital who says Michael may be in a coma. So it's still not a for sure yet that he's dead.

EDIT again: More on the news. Apparently the LA Times is confirming that he is dead. But there are still more reports from CNN that he's only in a coma.

It's confirmed now that he's dead. RIP.
Yep, his brother announced it during a press conference. He just said that in the ER all the doctors did their best trying to revive him.

What a bad news :(

Here's the TMZ site who was the first to report his death, and some famous celebrities talking about him. Lisa Marie, Dianna Ross her heart is broken and Janet, plus others, & how his dad Joe wanted to enter him in rehab. Still shocked by this:(

http://www.tmz.com/

More sad news about Michael Jackson, and his use of drugs, heavy duty narcotics. He, according to this was using hard-core anesthesia I didn't know this, and am sure many others didn't realize this either, unbeliveable. This great talent gone way too soon. I saw his rehearsal for his up-coming concert, and he looked fabulous:confused:

http://tmz.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back