Celebrity News

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Desertwind, Jan 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrettyEyes

PrettyEyes Pathologist

Trump was prepared to fire Miss USA, but when he spoke to her in person, he changed his mind and decided to give her a second chance. O'Donnell should understand, since Walters has given her an undeserved second chance. O'Donnell insulted guests on her own talk show, ran her own magazine into the ground because of all the libel suits and lost a great deal of her own money backing a Broadway show with Boy George as the lead. She is not one to discuss Trump's alleged bankruptcy, which did not occur. She is not one to promote herself as the moral compass of America, when she lies directly to her audience about gun control (she hates guns but had an armed bodyguard guarding her kids --- hypocrite!). The only reason O'Donnell and Behar are upset is because Fox News and Trump have the unmitigated audacity to speak the truth.

As for Paris Hilton, she's not worth the paper her stories are printed on.

2. allstar12

allstar12 CSI Level Three

I used to like Rosie, I really did but now she's just getting on my nerves. She always gets into other people's business and just when you think something has died down, she brings it up again - like the Kelly Ripa/Clay Aiken thing. She does have some good points (about gay rights and gun registry) but I think most of the time most of what she says is hot air and she really needs to zip her mouth sometimes.

3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

AMEN well said, how about all the time :eek: [​IMG]

and on another note Michael Jackson is back in Las Vegas.. possibly looking to live here :mad: NO-NO-NO.. flew in Sat. with his poor unfortunate children :(. after an 18 month hiatus in Bahrain and Europe.. and may decide to settle here.. and revieve his career :rolleyes:

Norm Clarke, LVRJ

4. PrettyEyes

PrettyEyes Pathologist

What career? Sorry, that was harsh. He is really big overseas. However, I'm the type of person who will not invest in someone's career, i.e. buy CDs and DVDs, concert tickets, movie tickets, Broadway tickets and Las Vegas show tickets or invest in their charities, based on their politics (outspoken) or criminal acts. You may think I'm wrong, but it's my right not to spend my $$ that way. :) :rolleyes:

5. Desertwind

More celebrity "news" with J Lo in Aspen.. and Julia Roberts pregnant.. wow, the twins are two. bet she's thrilled ;)and more!!!

http://news.aol.com/entertainment

6. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Jay Mohr, Nikki Cox Reportedly Marry
    Dec 30, 5:10 PM (ET)

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Comedian Jay Mohr exchanged wedding vows with "Las Vegas" actress Nikki Cox in a ceremony here, People magazine reported.

The couple was married Friday night, according to the magazine.

Mohr, 36, first met Cox when he guest-starred on her show. Mohr was a cast member on "Saturday Night Live" from 1993 to 1995, as well as host of NBC's "Last Comic Standing."

This is the first marriage for Cox, 28, who was previously engaged to comic Bob Goldthwait. Mohr was married to model-turned-actress Nicole Chamberlain from 1998 to 2004. They have a son together.

A phone message left Saturday for Cox's publicist was not immediately returned.

7. Desertwind

HMMM, I know Jay Mohr, but not Nikki Fox.. :(

I watched James Brown's funeral services today,,in Atlanta.. and boy he had lots of kids.. I teared up when one of his daughters spoke..and boy did they adore him.. and they all look like him ;) Michael Jackson spoke.. of cours Al Sharpton..Jessee Jackosn..this was in our local paper about how he gave the Jackson family a hand many moons ago!!!

James Brown's helping hand gave the Jackson family a timely boost. In his 1986 book "James Brown..The Godfather of Soul" Brown recalled meeting the Jacksons in the mid-1960's in their hometown of Gary, Ind. "I think they were playing talent shows an amateur things around Gary" he wrote . Joe Jackson, the father of the group then know as The Jackson Family Tito..Jackie..Jermaine..Marlon and Michael then about 6, approached Brown about getting them "some exposure and some seasoning, but didn't want to take them out of achool. I thought that if they didn't make it as entertainers, they'd regret not finishing their education" But Brown relented and put them in one of his shows in Gary, and they were fantastic, and could dance especially Michael, they were all well mannered ..you could tell they ahd a good up-bringing.. Michael Jackson and Brown remained friends and got many of his dance steps from Brown ;)and the rest is history!!!!

Norm Clarke... LVRJ

8. Desertwind

Britney in the news AGAIN :eek:, she hosted a party here at PURE nightclub, (Caesars Palace) and news has it, that she passed out drunk, her camp, says "she was just tired, and was falling alseep" whatever, plus other celeb news

http://news.aol.com/entertainment

9. allstar12

allstar12 CSI Level Three

Someone passing out on New Years..? Colour me shocked :rolleyes: :lol:

10. tanglewood14

tanglewood14 CSI Level Two

Kevin Federline wins a wrestling match... on live TV

Oh, it's true. The much-awaited showdown between John Cena and Kevin Federline happened on Miami, January 1, 2007 live on USA Network on WWE Monday Night RAW.

As an actual wrestling fan, it's kind of an upset because everyone's been rooting for Cena to pile drive that hip-hop wannabe's ass.

Well, he did win, but at the end of the show, with K-Fed on Commentary, John Cena took the opportunity to FU (His finishing move) K-Fed in the middle of the ring, much like he did months ago. (Yes, before K-Fed was divorce)

Here are pictures for you to see:

[​IMG]

He scored a pin, 1...2...3...

[​IMG]

(Images courtesy of wwe.com)

11. Desertwind

GAWD, what a loser, to bad one of them didn't ring his neck.. thank's for the photos ;)

BRITNEY BROUHAHA
    Britney Spears apparently missed a good party, on NYE, cause it turned out to be a short night for the pop star, who was paid, according to some reports $300,000 to host the night at Pure Nightclub (Caesars Palace} Spears was seen being assisted from the club at about 1 am, after she did ring in the New Year with a countdown and champagne toasts. Her manager Larry Rudolph took issue with reports that she collapsed on the VIP stage, he said "By 1 am she was just done, so we helped her out", She was NOT drunk, jus sleepy, but another source there ,stated they watched her toss back rum and pineapple cocktail, washed down with several classes of champagne from 12:15 till 1 am... whatever, hell I would have taken $30,000 for the same gig :Dand stayed all night :cool:

Source..Norm Clarke..LVRJ

12. PrettyEyes

PrettyEyes Pathologist

^^ Boy, she and Fed-Ex are in a contest to see who's going to be the worst parent in the court's eyes, aren't they. :(

13. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

Ditto that. People like them shouldn't be allowed to reproduce :lol:. There's protection for a reason...

14. Desertwind

PURE PROFIT

Pure, the Ceasars Palace hot spot, might be celebrating the richest one-night-haul in U.S history for a nightclub!! with Britney Spears pumping up interest, Pure grossed $2.1 million, with half of it coming from about 3,000 advance ticket sales at $300 a pop, and the rest from VIP bottle service, bar sales and after midnight admissions, according to Pure Mgmt. Group. Adding to the windfall was the $50,000 that came from a high roller who requested a table next to the Spears group in the VIP section!! Sources say Pure and Tao, the 15-month-old restaurant and nightclub at The Venetian, grossed about $50 million in 2006. Steve Wynn last month said Tryst, his main nightclub at Wynn Las Vegas, was on track to bring in $33 million for 2006 making it "the single most successful nightclub in America"

Las Vegas Review Journal..Norm Clarke. columnist

15. PrettyEyes

PrettyEyes Pathologist

^^ Ironic that profit comes on the backs of drunk celebrities. :(

According to msnbc.com, Britney's checked into an Arizona spa for R&R. Apparently if you read between the lines, it's "rehab." If so, I hope it takes. She's too young to be swallowed up in the Hollywood machine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.