Celebrity News

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Desertwind, Jan 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Today's celebrity police blotter item:

Rapper Snoop Dogg Arrested, Again
    Nov 29, 9:57 AM (ET)

BURBANK, Calif. (AP) - Snoop Dogg was arrested for investigation of illegally possessing a handgun and drugs as he left NBC Studios after performing on "The Tonight Show With Jay Leno," police said.

The 35-year-old rapper, whose real name is Calvin Broadus, and two members of his entourage were arrested around 6 p.m. Tuesday after a search of his Diamond Bar home and car, Sgt. Kevin Grandalski said.

Police seized a handgun and some illegal drugs, Grandalski said. He did not have details.

The rapper was arrested for investigation of being a convicted felon in possession of a firearm, possessing cocaine, transporting marijuana and having a false compartment in his vehicle, Grandalski said.

"He was in a car pulling out of the studio" when police stopped him, said Donald Etra, the rapper's attorney.

Etra said he believed Broadus was booked at the jail for investigation of being a convicted felon in possession of a firearm. He made bail of $60,000 and was released shortly after 1 a.m. Wednesday, about seven hours after his arrest.

"As of this point, he stands innocent of all charges," Etra said. "The goal tonight was to get him out of jail. The goal tomorrow is to deal with the case."

The rapper was expected to be arraigned Jan. 11, Etra said.

Two acknowledged gang members who are associates of Broadus also were taken into custody, Grandalski said.

Michael Mingo, 33, of Lakewood, was arrested for investigation of possessing burglary tools and Lovell Polk, 36, of Moreno Valley, was arrested for an outstanding warrant, Grandalski said. He did not know the nature of the warrant.

The arrests stemmed from an investigation that followed the rapper's Oct. 26 arrest at Bob Hope Airport after airport police said they found a gun and marijuana in his car, Grandalski said.

"Additional follow-up investigation led detectives to obtaining the search warrant," the sergeant said. He did not have details.

No charges have been filed in that case but Broadus has a Dec. 12 court appearance for an arraignment.

Etra said the rapper also has a Dec. 4 arraignment in Orange County following his Sept. 27 arrest for investigation of carrying a deadly weapon at John Wayne Airport in Santa Ana.

Security officers said they found a collapsible baton in the entertainer's carry-on luggage. The rapper told deputies at the time of his arrest that the baton was a prop for a movie.

The rapper was convicted in 1990 of cocaine possession and was charged with gun possession after a 1993 traffic stop. Facing a possible three years in prison, he pleaded guilty in exchange for three years' probation and his promise to make anti-violence public service announcements.

He was acquitted of murder in 1996 following the death of an alleged street gang member killed by gunfire from the vehicle in which he was traveling.

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

That's such a shame.. I so like him.. he's so cool.. I've seen him on Leno..however. he keeps' getting in these situations. :(

Another big New Years' weekend continues to take shape, with Britney Spears, the latest to join the count down parties. PURE nightclub at Caesars Palace announced on Tuesday that Spears will provide the midnight countdown with tickets at $200...Tickets for the Ultimate New Year's Eve Dance Party at Studio 54 are going for $250 in advance..and $300 at the door. The weekend lineup includes

**Black Eyed Peas at the Mandalay Bay on Dec. 29
    **Van Morrison appearing at the same place on Dec. 3 (he's still around} :eek:
    **UFC 66, the rematch of current lightweight champion Chuck Liddell and former champ tito Ortiz at the MGM Grand Dec. 30

Las Vegas Review Journal

3. CSILauren

CSILauren Hit and Run

do you think there are too many celeb+reality shows on TV?

4. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Eva Longoria and now her fiancee, Tony Parker called into Ryan Seacrest's radio show to announce that they are engadged. This was this morning.

5. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

Thank you for the news, Shane :)

6. Desertwind

And now the two new best friends :eek: Britney Spears. and Paris Hilton (uesless, and what's her talent?) staying out all night partying, which is fine, for Paris.. but till 6 am.. and Britney has two babies at home.. :mad: and they don't even invite me :( crazy celebrities :rolleyes:

7. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

I didn't know you liked Paris and Britney. LOL. Yeah, I've heard that they chill out. Too bad K-Fed is gone... Teehee.

8. Desertwind

Yeah.. I really like them.. :mad: like a hugh wart on my nose :( just reporting news ;)

More bad news for Brit..her ex husband Jason Alexander, the Louisiana childhood pal she was married to like for 55 hrs. is writing a tell all book :eek:and he dropped some teasers in an interview with the British newspaper The Sun. That Spears had a tummy tuck (no S...)and she dumped K-Fed to try and revive her career. The book focuses on all the stuff no one knows, he says..Spears does know about the book he claims and "it will upset her" especially tid-bits about "our sex life" :eek:

Source. Norm Clarke.. LVRJ

9. PrettyEyes

PrettyEyes Pathologist

Maybe she married him to avoid the "premarital" sex. ;) :lol: Bad PrettyEyes, bad PrettyEyes. I'm slapping my own hand. :p However, she's running around town without undies, so maybe she's looking for a new man. I'm in my 30s, so I just don't understand these young girls anymore. :rolleyes:

I also can't stand O'Donnell, so looks like I'm in good company here. She acts as though her opinion is the only opinion that matters. I saw the Kelly-Rosie feud on the entertainment shows, and immediately sided with Kelly. Why? You don't know where the man's hand has been! It's cold and flu season. The man's signing autographs and shaking hands of people he doesn't know. Also, I don't know if I'm passing on news that you don't already know, but some guys just don't wash their hands after using the bathroom. :eek:

I personally don't watch that show any more, due to the situation with Walters and Star Jones. Star may not have been the best person, but she deserved better treatment than what she received. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Walters herself was the one feeding all the information to the gossip writers in NY. I've lost all respect for Walters, and consequently don't watch any program in which she's involved.

10. Desertwind

PrettyEyes I agree with you almost entirley.. on Walters.. she's losing it too..and I thought what they did to Star was lousy!!! I used to so enjoy her interviews.. and Rosie.. go away.. who cares what you say..or think :( and Britney's PR people better pull in the reins on her.. bad news :( I hope I don't run into her here.. I'd have to sit her down and have a serious talk with her :rolleyes:

Madonna accepts adoption monitoring

Madonna accepts a court ruling allowing a coalition of human rights groups to monitor her as she tries to adopt a Malawain toddler, the singer's lawyer said Thursday. High Court Justice Andrew Nyirenda ruled Wednesday that Human Rights Consulative Committee and the state-run Malawi Human Rights Commission could join the adoption process and pursue their application for a judicial review of the interim custody order he granted to Madonna and her husband Guy Ritchie... another can of worms.. leave this alone..geez

The Associated Press

11. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I don't care much about Barbara Walters, she said she won't see another Mel Gibson's movies and I find out from my mom and she said, she jewish, I didn't know that but he's apologies many times and he getting tired of aplogies to people, he make mistake and he was a mean drunk, this police officer forgive him because he also jewish.

I didn't care much about Rosie, when she has her own talk show, she yelled at Tom Selleck about the gun and she won't listen to him when he tried to explained.

12. PrettyEyes

PrettyEyes Pathologist

NicknGrissom said:
    NicknGrissom, the Tom Selleck incident is precisely when I stopped watching or following Rosie. I didn't buy her magazine. I didn't go to any movies she was in. I was glad when her Broadway show tanked big-time, and she lost some money. Harsh. Maybe. However, when it was revealed that her own kids' bodyguard protected them with a handgun, that was the height of hypocrisy in my book.

I also agree with you about Mel Gibson. The man has apologized and made amends. He's trying to correct what he said was a horrible mistake. He's embarrassed himself and his family. For Walters to say she'd never watch another one of his movies was hypocritical of her. For pete's sake, if Tom Cruise can pull the crap he's pulled this past couple of years, the viewing public can certainly cut Mel some slack. Walters should too. She needed to stay out of it.

Thanks for backing me up, Desertwind. It's nice to know there are some people out there who share the same view, you know.

13. Desertwind

And then there's Anna Nicole Smith :( great role model.. her son dies.. she's getting evicted from her Bahama home... and there's 3 men who could be the father of her new baby girl.. wonderful.. talk about somone who needs to get their act together..and she seems to bask in all of this.. keep a low profile woman!!!

14. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Don't forget when Anna was waiting to bury her sun she got on a boat and had a committment ceremony with the one she says is the father. I don't know it could have been real but I commented on the fact that it seemed during the interviews she could turn the tears on and off at will but thats just my opinion.

I agree about Mel Gibson he will be paying for a long time, no matter what he does and that is sad cause he truely seems to be remorseful. I am sorry but Barbara to me has always been hypocritical, which is why I think she brought Rosie in cause they are alike. Please TomKat or Bradgalina I hear anymore about them I am gonna throw up lol.

Ahh Brit, Linds, Paris dimed the "Bimbo Summit" by the tabs :lol: I am sorry but I find the headlines funny on that one, and to be honest Paris is a walking advertisement for trouble (ask any woman in hollywood lol), Linds just wants to try a new role since most of them have been on her own, and Brit needs a new gig cause honestly the latest moves along with the no underwear pose for the tabs, Out all night drinking and partying, ect. But she is a good mother (said sarcastically) HA!

Celeb divorces really do we need those details? Just say we are getting divorced and ask you to respect our privacy. Which I am more then glad to lol. hmm okay thats my opinion for now. :lol:

15. Desertwind

Your right on the money Destiny on all of it!! I totally agree with everything you said.. "Bimbo Summiit" good one :Dwhat's next? with these celebrities?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.