Celebrity News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jay-Z's more "celebrity" since he started dating Beyonce, so I'll throw this in the mix.

MTV News is reporting that Jay-Z will be leaving as Def Jam's president and CEO, although he will remain with the label under a separate recording contract. In a statement attributed to him, Jay-Z apparently said, "It's time for me to take on new challenges."

Michael Jackson is back in Las Vegas, for the holidays. He was spotted at a Barnes & Noble bookstore over the Xmas weekend. and had numerous bandages squares around his mouth. "Looking as if his face is held together with Post-it notes" is how a British newspaper put it. Jackson moved to Vegas about a year ago, but after 6 months move back to northern Virginia, he had hoped for a comeback here, but didn't pull it off. His parents Joe & Catherine live in Vegas!

Marie Osmond and all 8 children wre staying at the Luxor over the weekend...Jamie Foxx celebrating his 40th B-day at JET [Mirage]....Pamela Anderson, was spotted with her husband Rick Solomon leaving a Hollywood party about 6 am, Saturday!

Norm Clarke...LVRJ

Celebrity Arrest du jour

Mischa Barton Arrested in W. Hollywood

Dec 27, 3:52 PM (ET)
By ROBERT JABLON

WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (AP) - Mischa Barton was arrested Thursday morning for investigation of driving under the influence of alcohol and possessing marijuana after sheriff's deputies saw her car straddling two lanes of traffic.

The 21-year-old actress, who starred on Fox's teen drama "The O.C.," was driving on La Cienega Boulevard in West Hollywood when she was stopped at about 2:45 a.m., authorities said.

Deputies saw her vehicle straddling the lanes and failing to signal for a turn, according to a sheriff's press statement.

"During Ms. Barton's detention, it was determined that she was an unlicensed driver and was driving while under the influence of an alcoholic beverage," the statement said.

Full story with police department photo at Iwon/AP News

MSNBC.com is reporting that Lindsay Lohan's ex Riley Giles is selling pics he took of LL while they were together.

According to the article:
On Dec. 26, dozens of magazine editors awoke to an e-mail from a well-known photo agency. The e-mail included several snapshots of Lohan in various states of undress, and boasted that the pics were “personal photos taken by Riley Giles while he was dating Lindsay Lohan.”
Lohan met Giles, a pro snowboarder, while staying in rehab.

{this was really unexpected!}

Sean Penn and Robin Wright Penn Divorcing
Sean Penn and wife Robin Wright Penn are divorcing, their rep, Mara Buxbaum, confirms to PEOPLE exclusively.

No other details were immediately available. The couple, who've been married 11 years, have two children together, Hopper Jack, 14, and Dylan Frances, 16.

Penn, 47, and Wright, 41, began dating in the early '90s and married in 1996. They also have starred together in several films, including 1998's Hurlyburly and 1997's She's So Lovely, directed by Nick Cassavetes.

"Marriage ain't easy, but it's great most of the time," Penn told Entertainment Weekly in 1997. "I love Robin. I've always loved her."

In the same article, Cassavetes was asked about working with the couple. "The beginning and the end of every day is how Sean and Robin are getting along," he said. "If they have a bad morning, Sean's broken up about it."

Penn's most recent film, Into the Wild, which he directed, is drawing awards buzz, with four SAG Award nominations and two Golden Globe nods.

Source

Here's a breath of fresh air:

Hilton fortune to go to charity

The inheritance of US heiress Paris Hilton looks set to shrink dramatically after her grandfather announced plans to give most of his fortune to charity.
Hotel magnate Barron Hilton, 80, will donate 97% of his $2.3bn (£1.2bn; 1.6bn euros) fortune to the Conrad N Hilton Foundation, set up by his father.

The funds come from the $20bn sale of Hilton Hotels to The Blackstone Group.

source: BBC News

I have 3 things to say about this:
1. BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAA :lol:
2. BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAA :lol:
and
3. BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAA :lol:

It is very good to see that Mr. Hilton thinks that his money would be better served going to people who need it, rather than using it fully to support his useless waste of space he calls a granddaughter. But don't cry, Paris Hilton fans throughout the world (all 3 of you), this doesn't mean that she gets nothing (that would be outright hilarious), that means she won't be as insanely rich as she was banking on.

^ I heard that yesterday, Exit 8A. One of the morning news shows in LA was discussing that little tidbit and wondered if Paris' antics had anything to do with Mr. Hilton's decision. This one anchor went off. I don't remember what she said verbatim, but the idea was that Paris brought disgrace to the Hilton name and had made her own money.

The clip might be on YouTube in a couple days. It's not on KTLA's website (probably for good reason ;)).

I just read this on yahoo last night and found it sad. Another hollywood couple bites the dust!!

Brendan Fraser and wife decide to dissolve marriage.

"The Insider" has confirmed actor BRENDAN FRASER and his wife AFTON SMITH have decided to call their marriage of nine years quits.

In a statement released to "The Insider" by the couple's representatives, it is said that the two "continue to maintain a close and caring friendship."

The couple have three child

I have to add to the Paris H story...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

But I'm sure she's going to really miss that money seeing how she gets paid to party.

lol at the Hilton fortune thing. Paris does NOT need more money. Not only is she rich from her family but now she sings, acts and has perfume and books. (lolol) I'm glad her grandpa has some common sense. A lot of people need more money than her.

Actress Mischa Barton's role as co-host of Saturday's grand opening of CatHouse at the Luxor is up in the air after her arrest Thursday on a DUI charge. Barton, 21, who starred in "The O.C." was pulled over about 3 am while driving in West Hollywwood. She was briefly jailed on suspicion of drunken driving, marijuana possession, and driving without a license, L.A. police said. She joins Britney Spears, Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan as Hollywood stars who were booked as Las Vegas celebrity hosts, but then encountered drug and alcohol issues!
& they keep on doing it!

Norm Clarke..LVRJ
norm@reviewjournal.com
http://www.lvrj.com/

sandersidle said:
lol at the Hilton fortune thing. Paris does NOT need more money. Not only is she rich from her family but now she sings, acts and has perfume and books. (lolol) I'm glad her grandpa has some common sense. A lot of people need more money than her.

If you can call that singing and acting. Also, she has a line of clothes out for children, just in case you want to dress your daughter up like a two-dollar hooker.

Seriously, why is she famous? Why the hell is she in the news?

Paris is in the news because she's a memeber of one of the richest and most sucessful families at the present moment.

She has a clothing line for children...wonderful...I can see Britney running to dress her kids in that stuff.

sandersidle said:
I don't know how to ask this without sounding crass. Didn't she make some money from distribution of her "tape?" If you don't know what tape, I'm not detailing. Sorry. I know at one point the Hilton family was going to sue, but that never materialized.

For other news:
Prosecutors Won't File Charges Against Brandy
The LA City Attorney's office has decided not to file misdemeanor charges of vehicular manslaughter against Brandy for her role in the December '06 car crash that killed one woman.

Never felt the need to buy said tape, because I find her less attractive than about 70% of the female population (going strictly by looks, not even adding what we already know about her), and it is probably on the internet anyway. But, yeah, at least for Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan you can say about them that they didn't start out rich by birth, and they probably did have to work a lot harder than Useless Whore did. Then again, look where the sudden fame got those two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back