Celebrity News

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Desertwind, Jan 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Maybe the court needs to assign Federline to take custody of Britney. Somebody needs to tell her what to do.

2. Dynamo1

Celebrity arrest du jour

Lil Wayne Arrested After Idaho Concert

Oct 6, 7:01 PM (ET)

BOISE, Idaho (AP) - Hip-hop star Lil Wayne was arrested in Boise on a felony fugitive charge after authorities in Georgia accused him of possessing a controlled substance, authorities said.

The 25-year-old rapper, whose real name is Dwayne Michael Carter Jr., was arrested after his Friday concert at Qwest Arena and booked into the Ada County jail. Because of the type of charge, he was not eligible for bond and probably wouldn't get out to make it to his scheduled Saturday night concert.

After his arrest, the jail was bombarded with dozens of angry phone calls from fans, concert promoters and others, said a jail deputy who didn't want her name to be used because of the public uproar.

"Every other phone call that we've picked up have been about him - people who have tickets wanting to know where his concert will be, people calling to see if it's true that he's incarcerated," the deputy said Saturday afternoon.

Carter is scheduled to be formally charged Tuesday and will be asked then if he plans to waive his extradition to Georgia, the deputy said.

An e-mail to Carter's publicist at Universal Music Group was not immediately returned.

Carter's previous brushes with the law include a 2005 drug arrest in Atlanta.

His "Tha Carter II" album, released in 2005, has sold about 2 million copies worldwide. He recently was voted "Hottest MC in the Game" by a panel at MTV.

3. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

Only Britney Spears can make Kevin Federline look good. WTF was she thinking? Usually, in custody cases, children of tender years go to the mother unless she is unfit to care for her children. In this case, Britney is just too messed up to take care of them. Yes, she brought it on herself. She is given a chance for a comeback and she bombs. She parties too much, drinks too much and even may have taken some controlled substances. I just hope she cleans up her act before it's too late. Kevin Federline may love his children but it clearly seems to me that they are his trump card, his meal ticket, his key to Britney's fortune. Those children deserve better.

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Keifer Sutherland will do some jail time, [when will they learn] and Britney passed a drug test WHOO-HOO :rolleyes: P.Diddy, is having problems again..

http://www.tmz.com/

5. Desertwind

Lindsay Lohan, now clean and sober, is staying in Utah, where hopefully, she'll stay that way... Orlando Bloom to attend charity event after his car accidnet on Thrus....Rosario Dawson is moving to Las Vegas, plus more~~~

6. Dynamo1

From the police department's celebrity booking desk...

Rapper T.I. Arrested Before Awards Show

Oct 13, 11:05 PM (ET)
    By ERRIN HAINES

ATLANTA (AP) - Grammy-winning rapper T.I. was arrested Saturday - just hours before he was to perform at the BET Hip-Hop Awards - in a parking lot where federal officials said he planned to pick up machine guns and silencers his bodyguard bought for him.

T.I., born Clifford Harris, is charged with possession of unregistered machine guns and silencers, as well as possession of firearms by a convicted felon. Harris was in federal custody, said U.S. attorney's office spokesman Patrick Crosby, who would not disclose his location.

Full story at Iwon/AP News

7. Desertwind

Britney is in hot water yet again, for her car accident, and she's lost visitation rights to her children, is she ever going to get her act together? :( and David Copperfield the famous magician, is being investigated by the FBI :eek: and David Hasselhoff, fell off the wagon [gee, big suprise] plus more!

8. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

Anyone heard about Ellen and that dog Iggy? :eek:

Listen about it here

I think they should just give the damn dog back! Although that was really stupid of Ellen not to read what she was signing before hand. It just sucks the dog can't go back to that little girl. :(

9. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Ok maybe its because im not from the US but from the UK but I dont get it and think its a little stupid!! :)

10. Desertwind

It is stupid, there's millions of other dogs, get another one, and move on, so many more important issues on the planet, and Ellen crying on national TV, silly, to me :rolleyes:

11. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Glad im not the only one ^^

12. PrettyEyes

PrettyEyes Pathologist

I agree.

It seemed like a PR thing to me though. Her show is taped, so they could have easily filmed another take after Ellen composed herself. Also, Portia de Rossi signed the papers; Ellen didn't. She's trying to make the animal agency look bad.

I think all parties could have handled the situation better. Perhaps Ellen and Portia can take the hairdresser and her kids over to the rescue shelter and pay for any dog that the kids pick. Everyone wins in that scenario.

13. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

Yes, it's stupid how there's so much press over it but I find it sad for that little girl. It wasn't necessary to show Ellen sobbing on her show but as an animal lover I can relate to that little girl. If someone came and took my new cat that I had bonded with I'd be so upset.

14. allmaple

allmaple Judge

for a lot of people they dont feel pets are replaceable. if my cat had been taken away from me (as opposed to passing on her own) i wouldnt think 'oh well, lets just get another one'. id do whatever i could to get her back.

the whole thing was blown way out of proportion on both sides. from what i heard the agency went into the hairdressers house under false pretenses and took the dog. as for ellen, she was upset over what she had put the little girls through. giving them a dog that was then taken away in a rather harsh manner. she felt bad for upsetting the girls, which shows she had good intentions, even though she did make a big mistake.

however, i heard the agency gave the hairdresser and her family the ability to be reviewed to adopt iggy and they didnt comply. if thats true, they have no one to blame but themselves for why they lost iggy in the end.

15. Dynamo1

From the police department's celebrity booking desk...

TV Host Gary Collins Arrested in L.A.

Oct 24, 7:41 PM (ET)

LOS ANGELES (AP) - TV host and actor Gary Collins was arrested for investigation of misdemeanor driving under the influence after a traffic accident that police blamed on another motorist, an 89-year-old man. Collins, 69, was booked after the Tuesday crash in the San Fernando Valley, said police Officer April Harding.

Collins was later released on a $40,000 bond, authorities said.

"He was not at fault in the accident," Harding said. "The other motorist failed to yield to oncoming traffic and collided with Collins' vehicle."

The actor's 2004 Ford Explorer subsequently crashed into two parked cars, Harding said.

"Officers smelled alcohol on his breath and initiated a field sobriety test, which he failed," she said. Collins was uninjured.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.