Celebrity News

Status
Not open for further replies.
CBS PAR NETWORK TV SIGNS AN OVERALL DEAL WITH DIRECTOR AND PRODUCER JON TURTELTAUB
August 21, 2007, Los Angeles, CA - Jon Turteltaub makes his home at CBS Paramount Network Television with a multi-year overall deal, it was announced today by David Stapf, president of the division. The arrangement calls for Turteltaub to produce, create and develop all television genres under his Junction Entertainment banner, which is run by Karim Zreik and Dan Shotz.

In making the announcement, Stapf said, "Since the early development phase of 'Jericho,' I have been incredibly impressed with Jon and his top lieutenants, Karim and Dan. They are smart, collaborative and have been extremely instrumental in making the show a cult favorite. They had a clear vision of the direction of the show both in look and story. We're fortunate that Jon not only brought his sense of humor but his cinematic style to television. We're thrilled that they are making their home with us as we look forward to another great season of 'Jericho' and working with them on future projects."

Last year, Turteltaub made his network television directorial debut with the critically acclaimed "Jericho," for CBS and CBS Paramount. Turteltaub serves as executive producer and also directed several of the first season's episodes.

Karim Zreik and Dan Shotz, who have each been at Junction Entertainment for seven years, will oversee all aspects of series development under the terms of the deal at CBS Paramount Network Television. They currently serve as co-executive producers on "Jericho," and will retain co-executive producer titles on future television projects they develop.

Turteltaub stated, "Without Dan and Karim, there's no company -- it's just me sitting around in my underwear wanting to be in show biz. These guys make things happen. And every person they come in contact with tells me the same thing, Karim and Danny are really fun, really smart, and make great leaders."

Turteltaub is currently in production on "National Treasure: Book of Secrets," starring Nicolas Cage, Helen Mirren, Jon Voight, Ed Harris, Justin Bartha, and Diane Kruger. The film is the sequel to Disney's epic, "National Treasure" which grossed over $350,000,000 in international and domestic boxoffices. - CBS

Maybe it was the Knights of Prosperity?

Thieves Hit Kirsten Dunst's NYC Suite

Fri Aug 24, 6:37 AM ET

A $13,000 handbag and other items were snatched from "Spider-Man" star Kirsten Dunst's penthouse suite at a posh Manhattan hotel earlier this month, according to court records.

Thieves slipped into the actress' rooms at the SoHo Grand Hotel on Aug. 9, court records show. Dunst, who was in town to shoot scenes for a forthcoming film called "How to Lose Friends and Alienate People," had left early that morning, according to the records.

Darting into the suite through an open door, the thieves grabbed designer bags, $2,500 in cash, credit and ID cards, two digital cameras, a cell phone and an iPod music player, court records show. A surveillance camera captured the burglars leaving the hotel with the items.

Full story at Yahoo/AP News

As for Kidd Rock, eh I'm sure no one wants to see his ass, ewww.

I don't know if I'm allowed to post a link to the site so here's what has been said. I'm just really happy that he's alive and will recover from this. My heart and prayers go out to Owen and his family.

Wilson Asks to 'Heal' After Suicide Reports
'Wedding Crashers' Actor in 'Good Condition' After Being Hospitalized
By BOB TOURTELLOTTE, Reuters

(Aug. 27) - Oscar-nominated film star Owen Wilson , best known for comedies like "Wedding Crashers," sought time on Monday to "heal in private" after media reports claimed he was hospitalized for a suicide attempt.

"I respectfully ask that the media allow me to receive care and heal in private during this difficult time," Wilson, 38, said in a statement released to Reuters.

I feel really bad for Owen. He's going through something extremely difficult and the media's all on it looking for a story. I think they should just leave him alone for a while.

Maan, I was getting some breakfast today and I heard that on the news. I love Owen! I think the media should just leave him the fuck alone. Suicide is a serious thing and it doesn't make it any easier with everyone trying to get inside his buisness. Leave him alone for God's sake.

Edit: Holy crap! Jason is engaged! I thought he came back to LA and was trying to talk to Lauren again.

"We're told he picked out the four-carat (holla!) emerald cut diamond ring at XVI Karat in Beverly Hills. Take that Spencer and Heidi!" LMFAO. Spencer's an idiot.

allstar12 said:
I feel really bad for Owen. He's going through something extremely difficult and the media's all on it looking for a story. I think they should just leave him alone for a while.

I wholeheartedly agree on leaving him in peace.. but you know this won't happen, the media is all over this like flies on [you know what] :( and how could someone so popular, and so rich with a great career, be so un-happy? one never knows do they? more on this, and other celebrity news!

http://www.tmz.com/

i hate to even bring up Owen again, but I'm just saying that I feel so sorry for him. He made a statement asking for the media to leave him alone, but I watched ET and The Insider and that's all they talked about. I mean come on leave him alone. The worst part was they mentioned how he asked to be left alone but yet both shows were mainly about him and saying how he's on drugs and depressed. Yeah we know something is wrong with him but why do they have to splatter it all over their shows? Why are they digging into his life like that? We don't need to know what caused this and they should leave him alone like he asked. I haven't been to a store yet but I'm sure he's front page of every smut magazine and maybe I'm no better postin this, but I'm just saying my heart goes out to him and I hope he recovers.

Also both shows were talking about how this could hurt his career. Well I don't think it will. It hasn't changed my mind on his acting abilities. Now we have all these out of control party girls that are out drinking and driving and abusing their kids, breaking the law and their careers seem fine, which I think they all need their careers to be halted for a while. JMO...

If you think it's wrong they're splatting it all over their shows, don't watch them.

I'm not. He deserves his privacy, which he isn't getting so I'm not going to watch the shows that are broadcasting his personal problems all over the country.

Well Katie, the main reason I was watching those two shows was to see if they had any information on any season premiers of my fav shows coming up. In stead I got that. I'm not watching shows just to see what's happening with him, as long as he heals I not interested in the crap they are saying about him.

WELL, guess who's still partying BRITNEY, here in Vegas.. and where are her baby boys? and she's got on a wig, and didn't she just get out of rehab? she's drinking :confused: she's a troubled girl!

http://www.tmz.com/

^
^
Her kids could be with their dad. I know people with kids who go out, there's nothing wrong with it. Im, by no means, endorsing BS's behaviour as of late, but if her children are with their dad, or asleep with someone watching them, it's not a big deal if she goes out.

Kate Walsh Marries!

The TV doc just tied the knot and we've got every "I do" detail!
ET has learned that "Private Practice" star KATE WALSH just said "I do!" The 39-year-old TV doc wed newfound love, movie executive ALEX YOUNG late Saturday afternoon in Ojai, CA at the Ojai Presbyterian Church.

Kate's brother served as her "man" of honor, while Alex's sister was his best "woman." The TV doc wore a MONIQUE LHUILLIER gown with her former "Grey's Anatomy" co-stars KATHERINE HEIGL, JUSTIN CHAMBERS, SARA RAMIREZ and "Grey's" creator SHONDA RHIMES in attendance.

Kate was said to be so overcome with emotion that she had to "take a minute" before she and Alex recited their vows. Singer ANYA MARINA, who's featured on the "Grey's Anatomy" soundtrack, performed a song for the occasion. The reception was held at the Casa Elar, located inside the Ojai Valley Inn and Spa.

Friday night, wedding guests dined at the Auberge restaurant in Ojai, CA for her rehearsal dinner. Over 100 guests were in attendance.

Alex popped the question to Kate after three months of dating. She celebrated earlier this month with a bachelorette weekend of tanning and partying in Las Vegas.

"I'm super excited to be getting married to this guy," she told us. Although she did admit to a small "bridezilla moment" while trying on her wardrobe.

"Who knew someone could get so hysterical about a bra?" she says. "I was like, 'It's not the right bra, it's not the right bra!' And the sad part was there was a mirror there and I had to see the whole thing. My face sort of turned to this like sort of stone and then snakes -- and it was bad. I was like I can't believe I had a meltdown over a bra."

http://etonline.com

Congratulations to Kate, I wish the best of luck to her and Alex :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back