Celebrity News P2

The more Charlie Sheen talks, the worse he sounds. He has a serious case of denial going on (regarding his drug and alcohol addiction). Couple this with an egomanical personality, and it's a perfect storm for a serious and inevitable downfall.
Somehow I can't see Les Moonves from CBS apologizing to anyone, especially someone like Charlie Sheen. Charlie isn't just burning bridges, he's blowing them up.
I do feel for the rest of the cast and crew; but, I suspect they all saw this coming sooner or later.

On last nights OSCARS James Franco was a bore, ouch on his reviews. Anne Hathaway was OK,:rolleyes: they needed to have Steve Martin, Billy Crystal, Chris Rock, Ben Stiller, or Jerry Seinfeld, etc. people who are naturally funny:lol:

But the WINNERS are~

BEST PICTURE: "The Kings' Speech"~
ACTOR:Colin Firth~ "The Kings Speech" [he was amazing]
ACTRESS: Natalie Portman~ "Black Swan"
SUPPORTING ACTOR: Christian Bale~ The Fighter"
SUPPORTING ACTRESS: Melissa Leo~ "The Fighter"
DIRECTOR: Tom Hooper "The Kings Speech"~
FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM: "In A Better World" [Denmark]~
ADAPTED SCREENPLAY: Aaron Sorkin "The Social Network"~
ANIMATED FEATURE FILM: "Toy Story 3"
ART DIRECTION: "Alice In Wonderland"~
CINEMATOGRAPHY:"Inception"~
SOUND MIXING: "Inception"~
SOUND EDITING: "Inception"~
ORIGINAL SCORE: "The Social Network" Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross~
ORIGINAL SONG: "We Belong Together" form "Toy Story 3" Randy Newman~
COSTUMRE DESIGN: "Alice In Wonderland"~
DOCUMENTARY FEATURE: "Inside Job"~
DOCUMENTARY SHORT: "Strangers No More"~
FILM EDITING: "The Social Network"~
MAKEUP: "The Wolfman"~
ANIMATED SHORT FILM: "The Lost Thing"~
LIVE ACTION SHORT FILM: "God Of Love"~
VISUAL EFFECTS: "Inception"

PE.com~

*Wherefore art thou, Gnomeo? Atop the box office, that's where:thumbsup:

Walt Disney's flick "GNOMEO & JULIET", and animated 3-D twist on "Romeo & Juliet" took in $14.2 million in it's 3rd week of release, leading the box office on Oscar weekend, according to studio estimates Sunday. In a lighthearted G-rated version of the Shakespeare drama, the film uses garden gnomes in roles usually reserved for heavyweights of the stage. It was a surprising upset win for "Gnomeo", which bested underperforming debuts for Owen Wilson and Nicolas Cage. The Farrelly brothers R-rated comedy "HALL PASS" earned 13.4 mllion for Warner Bros. Cage's 3-D action "DRIVE ANGRY" took in just $5.1 million. The Liam Neeson thriller "UNKNOWN", earned $12.4 million in it's 2nd week-end release, bringing it's total to $42.8. In it's 3rd week's release, Paramounts 3-D Justin Bieber concert documentary "NEVER SAY NEVER" took in $9.2 million. To boost repeat business from die-hard Bieber fans, director Jon Chu in a "fan cut", made using suggestions from the teen-pop star's rabid following. But the weekend belonged to "Gnomeo", which didn't take #1 until this weekend. "Gnomeo", whose lead characters are voiced by James McAvoy and Emily Blunt now have earned a total of $75.1 million~

News Services~

*'RANGO" has lassoed the top spot at the box office. The animated Paramount film featuring Johnny Depp as the voice of a Wild West chameleon sheriff rode into town with a $38 million debut, according to studio estimates released Sunday. "Rango", which was directed by "Pirates of the Caribbean" film franchise maestro Gore Verbinski, is the firest animated feature from Industrial Light and Magic, the special effects studio founded by George Lucas in 1975. "The draw for audiences was certainly Johnny Depp and Gore Verbinski, but when you look at the reviews, it was 85% positive on Rotten Tomatoes, which is a level that Pixar operates at", said Don Harris, Paramount's executive VP for distribution. "This is a film that has a shot at being nominated for an Academy Awards, this time next year. Universal's mind-bending thriller "THE ADJUSTMENT BUREAU", starring Matt Damon and Emily Blunt, debuted in the #2 spot with $20.9 million. CBS Films fantasy tale "BEASTLY" with Alex Petyfer and Venessa Hudson opened at #3 with $10.1 million, rounding out the weekend's top 3 films. It was another down weekend for Hollywood, with grosses coming in less thatn the corresponding weekend last year. "Comparsions to a year ago are tough, considering that's when "Alice In Wonderland" opened with a astounding $116.1 million", said Hollywood.com analyst Paul Dergarabedian, reffering to the Tim Burton film. The raunchy Warner Bros. comedy "HALL PASS" stayed committed in it's 2nd weekend in the #4 position with $9 million. The 3-D animated Walt Disney romance "Gnomeo & Juliet" also kept that loving feeling going in it's 4th weekend with $6.9 million coming in at the #5 spot, despite an animated show-down aganst "Rango", which was not released in 3-D. "The King's Speech", the royal chronicle from Weinstein Co. that ruled last week's Academy Awards with 12 wins, maintained the #7 place this weekend with $6.5 million. Dergarabedian noted that audiences who wanted to see the Oscar fron-runner starring Colin Firth and Goffrey Rush likely rushed out to see the film before the Oscars aired~

News Services~

CBS/Warner Brothers has officially fired Charlie Sheen from Two and a Half Men. No word yet on if the show will go on with someone new added to the cast. But of course Sheen says they're breaching the contract and he plans to sue them. They say that the contract does have a moral clause in it that if he does anything illegal or morally corrupt they can fire him. He says there is no moral clause in the contract. Wonder who is telling the truth about that.

He is so in denial, and so crazy that I am glad that CBS came to their senses and got rid of him. He's a wife abuser, hangs out with hookers, and is a drug addict and an alcoholic, and he's lost his marbles. There was a cartoon caricature showing Gadhafi and Sheen standing together and Gadhafi says "Hey dude, I even think your crazy":scream:and we all know how nuts he is. He's lost his kids, and now his job, and calls himself a "winner", HELLO:rolleyes: I predict that he will go back to his evil ways and probably end up dead broke~

CBS/Warner Brothers has officially fired Charlie Sheen from Two and a Half Men. No word yet on if the show will go on with someone new added to the cast. But of course Sheen says they're breaching the contract and he plans to sue them. They say that the contract does have a moral clause in it that if he does anything illegal or morally corrupt they can fire him. He says there is no moral clause in the contract. Wonder who is telling the truth about that.

I think most network shows have morals clauses in their actors' contracts, so I would believe that to be true.

He is so in denial, and so crazy that I am glad that CBS came to their senses and got rid of him. He's a wife abuser, hangs out with hookers, and is a drug addict and an alcoholic, and he's lost his marbles. There was a cartoon caricature showing Gadhafi and Sheen standing together and Gadhafi says "Hey dude, I even think your crazy":scream:and we all know how nuts he is. He's lost his kids, and now his job, and calls himself a "winner", HELLO:rolleyes: I predict that he will go back to his evil ways and probably end up dead broke~

Agree with just about everything you said here. Unfortunately, I fear your last sentence should end with the word dead. I began worrying about him when his own dad (Martin Sheen) expressed dismay at his son's actions. MS has seemed a pretty tolerant father up til now. :(

Am I the only one who listened to some of his comments at first and immediately wondered if he was a Scientologist? Then he just got wacko, so I no longer thought there was a connection. :lol:

I think that what he want. He was happy to get fired, now he can turn around and sued the Warner Bros and Chuck Lorre and he won't win. Something in the contract that Charlie may not know nothing about or he didn't read the whole contract.

He puts everything and everybody down:scream:After hearing he was fired, he went up on a roof and was swinging around a machete and said he was drinking "tiger blood":rolleyes: Is that the behavior of a rational person? Who does that after losing a a job? He's not going to win against CBS/Warner Bros. They've got lawyers up the you know what, and are careful before doing what they do. And he never apologizes for anything, it's always someone else's fault. Julie Chen was on Piers Morgan [Larry Kings replacement] and he kept digging, about this subject and she kept saying "no comment". She's the wife of CEO Les Moonves CBS honch. Of course she's not going to say anything. So a kinda of white-washed version of this saga in our daily newspaper~

*Charlie Sheen was fired Monday from "Two And A Half Men", by Warner Bros. Television following repeated misbehavior and weeks of the actor's angry, often-manic media campaign against his studio [called Chuck Lorre a "contaminated maggot"] The action was taken after "careful consideration", and was effective immediately, the studio said in a statement. No decision has been made on the show's future without it's "star", said Paul McGuire, a Warner spokesman. The actor was not silent for long. On a text to "The Associated Press", Sheen responded with an "expletive and "They lose", followed by the word "Trolls". Asked if he planned to sue, Sheen texted back "BIG":rolleyes: yeah well good luck with that:(

News Services via PE.com~

Celebrity news NOT about Sheen:

Phil Collins announces retirement

Mar 8, 1:21 PM (ET)

LONDON (AP) - British singer and drummer Phil Collins has taken to his personal website to announce his retirement in a bid to clarify recent speculation over his career.

In a post titled "Breaking News," the multiple Grammy award winner writes that he wants to explain his reasons "for calling it a day" in response to articles claiming why he was quitting the music business.

"Many of the articles printed over the last few months have ended up painting a picture of me that is more than a little distorted," Collins explains.

Collins says he is stopping music so he can be a full time father to his two young sons "on a daily basis" - not because of bad reviews, bad press or because he doesn't "feel loved."

Collins has sold an estimated 100 million albums as a solo artist.

Last edited:
*Charlie Sheen is now taking his show on the road.:confused: A spokesman for Sheen said tickets go on sale Saturday for shows in Detroit and Chicago next month called Charlie Sheen Live:My Violent Torpedo of Truth", said publicist Larry Solters said Sheen is promoting the show himself and has already begun rehearsals:rolleyes: rehearsals for what ranting and raving? [OMG he's turned into a circus side-show. Pathetic. Who wants to see this loser?]

News Services~

How much are Justin Bieber's infamous locks worth?$40,668:wtf: After recently chopping his "do", the pop singer gave some of the clippings to Ellen DeGeneres, who sold them on eBay to raise money for an animal rescue organization called The Gentle Barn Foundation, [I wouldn't pay $4.00 bucks for his hair, much less $40, some thousand dollars, that's crazy]

NEWS SERVICES~

Back