CBS Releases Details For All 3 'CSI' Finales

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Apr 16, 2010.

1. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Yeah. You were calling people out. You didn't say you don't want Lindsay to die. You said "the majority" don't want characters to die and you don't get why other people would want a character to die. Big difference.

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I don't usually watch Miami or NY but have of late, but I'm not that familiar with the finales. I for one love the serial killer epsodes. Natalie Davis, Paul Milander, and now the notorious Dr. Jekyll, who the H is it? and will we find out before the season ending? It's brings excitment, and is compelling, intriguing, riveting and suspensful:eek:

3. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Well count me among the (presumed) minority who don't want Lindsey to be killed off (personally I'd rather Danny bite the big one)

4. PerfectAnomaly

I don't recall anyone saying a majority of fans want Lindsay dead. In fact someone claimed it was just the opposite :wtf:

5. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Thank you, greatfan. It also seems the title said it all. But maybe they have some surprise...

I don't think the writers will write-off Lindsay, except if Anna wants to leave the show. D/L has many fans whether we like it or not. Last year, noticeable bumps/spikes in ratings were due to D/L-heavy episodes.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
  6. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I don't remember ratings spikes due to D/L heavy episodes at all. :confused: However, I doubt we'll see Lindsay offed in the finale, either--if someone was getting killed, I think we'd have heard hints about it by now.

7. electra

electra Pathologist

Vegas is the only one that looks interesting.I am looking forward to the end of the Jekyll storyline.

I have not watched NY in a while and the D/L spoiler is unlikely to change that.

Miami , I have to wait and see.I do not take the show seriously since Super H but once in a while is entertaining.

8. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I think "The Triangle", "Green Piece", and "Greater Good" had higher viewers and demo ratings than the usual episode. "The Box" was low since it was aired the night before Thanksgiving.

9. PerfectAnomaly

Here are season 5's ratings episode by episode (Thanks to Faylinn who kept track in the S5 ratings thread)

Veritas 15.55

Page Turner 14.67

Turbulence 15.68

Sex, Lies & Silicone 14.24

Cost of Living 13.63

Enough 11.75

Dead Inside 11.62

My Name is Mac Taylor 13.99

The Box 12.16

The Triangle 13.25

Forbidden Fruit 13.47

Help 12.84

Rush to Judgement 11.19

She's Not There 12.84

The Party's Over 12.35

No Good Deed 12.69

Green Piece 13.52

Point of No Return 12.70

Communication Breakdown 12.60

Prey 12.52

The Past, Present & Murder 12.01

Yahrzeit 12.47

Greater Good 13.40

Grounds for Deception 12.18

Pay Up 12.84

I think it's safe to say DL isn't causing any major ratings increases.

10. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

^Why? Look at the ratings from "The Triangle" up to "Pay Up". The top 4 episodes in ratings were D/L heavy and the margin is at least a million viewers from other episodes. I think that's no coincidence. Of course the first few episodes of the season are always high, it's the trend in most shows.

11. PerfectAnomaly

Of course, the episodes that drew more viewers than the DL episodes don't count. :wtf: Oh, and "The Box" doesn't count either. :rolleyes:

ETA: The average rating for the show overall was 12.62. The average rating for the four (including "The Box") "DL heavy" shows was 13.08 and the average for the episodes that were not "DL heavy" was 13.04 With a show that draws that many viewers a change of less than a half million viewers is not significant.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
  12. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Ok. First of all, I didn't come here for a ratings discussion and argument. Second, I hope you know what I mean by "bumps/spikes". It doesn't necessarily mean the highest but the high points distributed between low points.

Just take a look at the ratings from "No Good Deed" to "Point of No Return" and from "Yarhzeit" to "Grounds for Deception".

Like what I said earlier, "The Box" was aired the night before Thanksgiving.

Obviously, you don't like D/L drama that's why you don't see my point being neutral to D/L.

13. PerfectAnomaly

You're the one who came in here claiming DL makes the ratings go up significantly. It's not my fault the real numbers don't support your theory. I also wouldn't call saying DL is responsible for the ratings being high as being "neutral to DL."

14. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Well, I just bought it here not to be the mere topic. I just said "noticable bumps" and not "go up significantly". Real numbers don't support my theory? Why don't you know what's higher between 12.69, 13.52 and 12.70 and so on...? I'm sorry. And because you're not neutral that's why.

It's not my fault too if you don't agree.

15. PerfectAnomaly

I stand corrected. In a show that averages 12.62 million viewers roughly a half million viewers on either side is not a "noticable bump." And you can't see that because you're not neutral.