CBS Releases Details For All 3 'CSI' Finales

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Apr 16, 2010.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

With the end of the season approaching, CBS has posted information about the finales for all three members of the CSI franchise. (Details and spoilers after the jump.) CSI: Crime Scene Investigation will be the first series to air its season finale on Thursday, May 20 at 9:00pm ET/PT: As the team closes in on the Dr. [...]

More...

2. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Maybe this is the year my dream comes true and Lindsay gets killed off. Yeah, I know it's a long shot, but a girl can dream

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Long shot for sure, but it would be great to get the old Danny back, and nothing would bring angst for Danny like the death of his wife. I think it would be a good thing for the show!

4. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

CSI New York's finale sounds great :) But I feel like I'm in the majority here, if I don't like a character I don't wish them dead :confused: I don't have least favorite characters who I just gloat over the thought of them dying ... I just don't get that :lol:

5. Top41

And I don't get the appeal of "Wincest," but to each their own, eh? ;)

It's not so much gloating as genuinely feeling the show would be better off without said character. Especially when she's done nothing for the last three seasons but drag down another character who used to be dynamic and interesting.

I'm sure she's not getting killed off in the finale. Making a few jokes/comments about it isn't going to hurt anyone.

6. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Hopefully the way NY's description is worded means that baby-napping isn't on the agenda - although I'm pretty sure Langston didn't put Haskell behind bars last season (hadn't he been in jail for like a decade?), so I guess I should take this with a grain of salt. :lol:

7. Top41

Probably--sometimes these descriptions are a little off or not super-specific/accurate. They're written by the network PR department rather than by someone on the show, so sometimes stuff isn't totally accurate.

Also, the surprise could be Shane going to Danny and Lindsay and saying, "Hahaha suckers, I got your baby!!" Hopefully not... but you never know.

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I've gotta say that I'm tired of all of these stupid, annoying "csis in peril- who will survive" type of season enders. Why can't they do something different for a change? :lol:

Miami- It kind of bugs me that they gave away why the ep is titled "They All Fall Down". I like spoilers, but that seems like a little TMI to me. Miami has been a "csi in peril" cliffhanger for three or four seasons straight! Give it a rest already! Do something different! :sigh:

NY- I swear if Shane Casey does something to baby Lucy, I'm gonna be mad. IMO hurting babies should be off limits. So they better NOT go there. I will quit watching the show if they go there. :lol: Kidnap D/L, tie them up and make one watch while the other is tortured, fine (well, not really, but it's the lesser of the two evils, if you will lol)... but leave the baby out of it! :lol:

Vegas- I find the whole Jekyll storyline boring to be honest. Have since the beginning of it. I was hoping they'd wrap that storyline up before the finale, but no such luck... it's gonna drag out to the premiere next season. :(

9. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I am a Supernatural fan, but being a Supernatural fan does not mean I automatically ship Wincest :wtf: :rolleyes: Also, if it's alright to joke about killing someone off then shouldn't I have the right to say that the said person should not be killed off?

10. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

All cliffhangers.

Miami - the whole team in danger? like what NY did last season...

Vegas - Haskell again? Interesting. He must have gotten a lot of killer buddies...

NY - I'm sensing a Criminal Minds' 100th episode-like here or Danny must choose who to save between Lindsay and Lucy. Is it goodbye Lindsay? Hmmm I hope not but it's very possible.

Cliffhangers - just all about getting high ratings in the start of the season.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  11. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Just like NY did last year.The epi is entitled "They All Fall Down". Sadly, Miami probably thinks they are being uniquely different.We get a whole summer of who doesn't get up,who may be injured,who perhaps is having contract problems?

12. Top41

Sure you do, but if you reread your post, that's not what you said. ;)

It does seem to be getting trotted out a lot lately, doesn't it? CSI got a lot of flack for their finale last season--and to be fair, it was kind of anticlimactic for a season ender--but they did avoid that.

I'm wondering why Enright doesn't seem to factor into the finale. Aren't he and Jesse due for a showdown?

I really hope the baby is left out of it as well.

I've enjoyed the Jekyll storyline, but I worry that it's headed down a predictable path, that Jekyll will target Langston/the CSIs, because there's a rule that all serial killers must become obsessed with the law enforcement people pursuing them.

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

It was an odd season ender, but I think most of the flack was due to it being centered on the new guy. :lol:

They originally said the finale would have the Jesse/Bruce Enright showdown and also have some H/Kyle stuff in it... but I'm wondering now if maybe those haven't been pushed back. I hope not cause the Jesse/Bruce thing is slightly interesting, but it won't be for long if it's dragged out too much. :lol:

By the way, the whole "serial killer taunts the CSIs with cryptic messages and the potential vics are in more danger the longer it takes them to solve the case" thing... hasn't that been done on one of the CSI shows before? Isn't that kind of like that NY ep with the guy in the hospital using the internet to hack into things and kill people... or get them killed? I think this happened on a Criminal Minds ep too. :lol: I'm not too sure that it hasn't happened on LV before.

:lol: Yeah, that rule/pattern is starting to get really old. the CSIs are not the only shows that do it either. Criminal Minds did it with "The Reaper" and probably more than that. :lol:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  14. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Just because those fans do exist and yes a lot of "them" do ship that pairing, I do not. I don't ship any sort of incest need it be fictional or not, it's not for me. I don't get where you see in any way that I do ship Wincest, it's kind of rude that people think that just since someone watches Supernatural automatically jump to conclusions and assumes that they ship Wincest. It's not that you don't believe what I said about Lindsey that has me upset, it's that you're saying I ship something in a show that I watch when I don't ship it. I ship plenty of slash parings on various shows, but I will not ship that.

I was just saying if it's alright for people to "wish death" on a character even though it's fiction, that I should have the right to state my opinion and have the right to say that I don't think they should die. It's not just on this site, there's others where users are really rude stating that both Lindsey and Lucy should both die due to gunshots to the head etc. Everyone has different opinions and I was just stating mine, I was not calling anyone out.

15. Top41

I wasn't referring to the "Wincest" when I said "sure you do"--I was referring to you having the right to say the person shouldn't be killed off. But that's not what you said in your initial post... you griped about people "gloating" over the possible death of a character, which no one was doing and then laughed that you didn't "get it." That's a bit different than saying you don't think anyone should be killed off. ;)

I wonder if it was an actor availability issue with Paul Blackthorne, who plays Enright. It seems odd not to bring him back, especially after all the build up.

Yeah, it's an old cliche that can work well if it's built up properly, like it was in CSI season seven with the Miniature Crime Scene Killer. They gave her a decent reason to have a beef with Grissom, and she was believably crazy. But it's got to be earned.