Caution: **Spoiler Lab** Ahead - Season 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what the original character bio was for Calleigh, she's morphed a lot. Originally she was supposed to have a couple of younger brothers, was conceived out of wedlock so her parents were forced into a shotgun wedding just before her birth. They were dirt poor and she was supposedly the first one in her family to go to college. Her parents were both supposed to be alcoholics and her father beat on her when he was drunk.

As she is as of this season: father is a public defender and she came from a relatively affluent background. So much so that Alexx actually inquired if she had a nanny growing up. Siblings aren't mentioned. Mom was now more of a buddy than a parent and apparently isn't an alcoholic, dad is now a loveable, singing drunk that still is the ipitome of a Southern Gentleman. Mom and dad have been divorced for 15 years as of "Just Murdered".

Yeah, talk about a 180 on a character.

Typical really!! :lol:

That is why most shows don't put out in depth characters bios or at least try not to this way they can change and add things to the character about their background as the show goes on.

I agree. I don't mind because it make the character feel more true. If she had really grown up with that background, she probably wouldn't have even finished high school, would have probably been a mother before she could be of legal age to vote and ended up as an abusive, alcoholic parent, herself. Now knowing that there was education and a lack of want in the material things as well as a caring and well meaning parent as well as a loving father, even if he was/is an alcoholic makes her being a collge degree holding, top of her field CSI more believable. I ought to know. I'm an adult child of a very loving and well educated alcoholic parent. I have a successful career, so I get it.

Yeah, the character bio things really change a lot from original conception to first airing. Over on Vegas, Cath was originally supposed to have two daughters rather than just the one, Nick was supposed to have blonde hair (and from somewhere other than Texas I believe), Greg was originally supposed to be much older, etc etc... I wonder what the original bios on all the other Miami characters said though. :)

I agree, a lot of things changes! Calleigh's birth date changed last year. She is one or two years younger now and she is born in september instead of the original february, 28! LOL!

Another thing I noticed that makes me think that those spoilers abot the crossover are fake is the fact that they keep on referring to Calleigh as Sergent. For what I know Calleigh is not Sergent yet. She is still a Detective and, anyway, real official spoilers always refers to her as CSI Duquesne or Calleigh Duquesne, not Det.Duquesne. It absolutely sounds like a fanfiction...

hey trying to get right off that shipping convo another little picklei was thinking about some of the previous supposed spilers and i thought about eric and calleigh kissing and ryan saying something to eric and he supposedly says yeah im her guy maybe if that mystery camera man is still taking pictures of them maybe he takes a pic as they are kissing and when they catch the camera guy or something as i read somewhere they do and see his pictures then maybe thats how ryan and erics comment comes of light did that sound confusing???? im sorry if it did its been bugging me all afternoon to get it off my chest lol anyways......:thumbsup:

The following is an interview from TV-Guide to both Emily and Adam. It talks a lot about hiphuggers so those of you who don't enjoy consider yourselves warned ;). For the rest of you read on and enjoy :) it's pretty funny! All credit goes to Jennifer for scanning and posting. Thanks Jen :thumbsup:.

TVGuideArticle001.jpg

TVGuideArticle002001.jpg

About interview, i found two things very odd:

1) after 7 years Calleigh finally kissed, wtf, they don't remember Jake? I can understand this phrase if they talk about both if them (Adam and Emily), but they talk only about Emily.

2) they start dating after "All in"? Give me a rest, someone already wrote it, why they do "I'm so confused, what do you want" and "your friendship means for me a lot", why? If they already dating, why show us this? Why show us how Calleigh read shrink notes in 7x03.

This article looks like big fake, it's just advertisement for their relationship, they show us that Cake and Eden never happen, like Eric and Calleigh have this connection from season 1. Ok, if it's true, they should show us more chemistry between them. Cuz i watch this show from season 3 and i always think that Eric and Calleigh is best friend, even more, like brother and sister. And suddenly brother fall in love to sister :lol:

:scream:They've milked this scenario for so long, I think TPTB will feel a viewer backlash.
:wtf:Many who believe Eric and Calleigh are a mismatch are even more offended at the obvious and ill-conceived ratings ploy, dragging it on and on. A quick roll in the hay which develops into something serious would be much more acceptable.
Once again, CSI Miami has over-estimated the strength of their 7 year hitch. Most of us are sick of it already. It's become anti-climatic even for many of the hiphuggers.

In all honesty if you all feel that then you should stop watching. I am getting a little tired of hearing people complain about how BAD they think this show has gotten or how the characters are ignored and yet every week they tune in to watch, what they consider a train wreck in the making! And then when it is all said and done blame the writers for writing crap.

Everyone, yes, is entitled to their opinion...that is what this board is for; to voice your opinion. So I am going to voice mine. :D

This season, regardless of E/C, has been one of my favorites in a very long time. The writers have finally gotten back to that balance of action, forensics and drama that made this show sooo popular when it arrived on the air 7 years ago. Horatio is back in a lab coat working with the team instead of on his own. Considering the changing tastes of viewers in the market today and shows like Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives and even Lost, the writers are doing their best to capture and keep the attention of a wide variety of fans.

I think it is great the actors (Adam and Emily) are excited about this next step for their characters.....you don't see that very often in tv shows today.

And as far as E/C being a ratings ploy....I don't believe that at all. This show consistently has been the #1 show on Monday night pulling in an average 14 to 15 million viewers a week even BEFORE they started this thing, as everyone calls it, between Eric and Calleigh. Since they started this thing between Eric and Calleigh the ratings have neither spiked over dramatically or dipped dramatically.

I consider a dramatic spike in ratings, the ratings LV got when Grissom left to the following week....23 million viewers and change to 16 or 17 million viewers that is a dramatic spike. You know that certain people were only watching b/c he was leaving. The ratings for that show have been consistent since Fishbourne entered the fray.

Again, everyone is entitled to their opinion....but to those who think that the writers brought this thing with Eric and Calleigh out of the blue should really go back and rewatch the latter half of season 5, parts of season 6.....this didn't happen over night. The writers have been building this for a while and imo doing a pretty good job of it. Best friends can go from being just best friends to being lovers or something more, it is not out of the ordinary, it happens everyday in real life.

In the end, you are either going to be a fan of Eric and Calleigh being together or you aren't. For those of you who decide you watch and change your mind about them, cool. For those of you who don't; that is fine too. One thing is for sure though, it will make for great discussion on this board. ;)

Last edited:
In all honesty if you all feel that then you should stop watching. I am getting a little tired of hearing people complain about how BAD they think this show has gotten or how the characters are ignored and yet every week they tune in to watch, what they consider a train wreck in the making! And then when it is all said and done blame the writers for writing crap.

Everyone, yes, is entitled to their opinion...that is what this board is for; to voice your opinion. So I am going to voice mine. :D

This season, regardless of E/C, has been one of my favorites in a very long time. The writers have finally gotten back to that balance of action, forensics and drama that made this show sooo popular when it arrived on the air 7 years ago. Horatio is back in a lab coat working with the team instead of on his own. Considering the changing tastes of viewers in the market today and shows like Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives and even Lost, the writers are doing their best to capture and keep the attention of a wide variety of fans.

I think it is great the actors (Adam and Emily) are excited about this next step for their characters.....you don't see that very often in tv shows today.

And as far as E/C being a ratings ploy....I don't believe that at all. This show consistently has been the #1 show on Monday night pulling in an average 14 to 15 million viewers a week even BEFORE they started this thing, as everyone calls it, between Eric and Calleigh. Since they started this thing between Eric and Calleigh the ratings have neither spiked over dramatically or dipped dramatically.

I consider a dramatic spike in ratings, the ratings LV got when Grissom left to the following week....23 million viewers and change to 16 or 17 million viewers that is a dramatic spike. You know that certain people were only watching b/c he was leaving. The ratings for that show have been consistent since Fishbourne entered the fray.

Again, everyone is entitled to their opinion....but to those who think that the writers brought this thing with Eric and Calleigh out of the blue should really go back and rewatch the latter half of season 5, parts of season 6.....this didn't happen over night. The writers have been building this for a while and imo doing a pretty good job of it. Best friends can go from being just best friends to being lovers or something more, it is not out of the ordinary, it happens everyday in real life.

In the end, you are either going to be a fan of Eric and Calleigh being together or you aren't. For those of you who decide you watch and change your mind about them, cool. For those of you who don't; that is fine too. One thing is for sure though, it will make for great discussion on this board. ;)

I totally agree with you, people are always complaining about the show, "stop watching then" thats all i can say. This season has been the best yet and im not just saying it b/c im a E/C fan, im saying it because this season has had a bit of eveything, for me its been really exciting. (Just my opinion :))

As for E/C it hasnt happend over night, like you said Delkolover ;) it started at the end of season 5 so clearly theres been a long wait.

Anyway that article was great, loved it! thanks Jennifer and Hiphugger17 ;)

Last edited:
There are always going to be things about the show that people don't like.There is no need to stop watching ,or be told you should stop watching the the show because you don't love 100% of what is shown or written.People will decide that on their own. People's complaints are their opinions, and they are entitled to that. Some may not agree,but some of the complaints have merit whether everyone agrees or not.Some characters could be used more,sometimes the writing is not the greatest,that's my opinion.Will I stop watching? I missed a few episodes in season 6 that I have since watched.But yes, I did stop watching the full episodes until a certain someone was reinstated( I would watch his few minutes and then go read or something)I think there is some improvement but could still use some work(Natalia for instance)I'm sure this aspect will continue to improve.People continue to watch because something still draws them to the show and they don't need to be 100% in love with the show or every single situation that goes on in the show.
The thing is ,life goes on,it's a TV show .Life and TV will go on whether we complain or watch or not.
As for the complaints,just don't read them.

I totally agree with delkolover ;).

There's a lot of complaining that EC was brought out of the blue when there's even an interview were Adam said that the writers played with the idea on season 2. Probably didn't go ahead with it because it was way too early on the show. Which IMO played out quite nicely because both characters had time to mature and build a foundation on friendship and trust which I must say it's pretty important for a relationship to last. A lot of people say that Calleigh and Eric only talk to each other and that they shut out everyone else. I don't understand why this is so hard to comprehend since people don't go around talking about their stuff to everyone. They talk to people they trust and who they know are there for them. That's what the writers have been trying to show the viewers with EC confiding on each other, that each other is whom they ultimately go to when they need someone to talk to. That deep trust, understanding, and bond they share have gotten stronger throughout the seasons and it's part of what draws them together. Maybe they don't go to the rest of team because working everyday with someone makes them your co-worker, not necesarrly your confidant so it's not hard to believe they don't want to confide their personal issues to the rest of the team. Likewise, sleeping with someone doesn't make them your confidant either.

Cake and Eden did happen, but people move on, it's life. Eric and Natalia don't have to be all awkward around each other just because they went out and slept together a couple of times. They are professionals, they are both nice, kind people who treat each other with respect. They went out, didn't work like maybe they hoped it would and moved on. They don't have to be weird about it since they are both mature grown ups.

Same thing with Cake. They gave it a try, didn't exactly go how Calleigh thought it should, she moved on. People do it all the time, it's life.

You are welcome bulletgirl ;)

I agree Season 7 has been an improvement over Season 6, which was an improvement over 5. Things are looking up.
Calleigh and Eric didn't come out of the blue. It's been strung out far too long. When I first visited this board back in Season 5, there was little excitement for this pairing. It's snowballed since then. Why? Hmmm!

One reason I watch is because it's not a primetime soap; e.g. Grey's Anatomy, Brothers & Sisters. It's a crime drama. Any romantic coupling should be an aside, not the main event.

It's interesting to see the raised hackles that ensue whenever there's a negative regarding someone's favorite ship. Guess that's why each ship has its own thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back