Caution: **Spoiler Lab** Ahead - Season 7

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Feb 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

I wouldn't call it a fling and I wouldn't call it a full-fledged relationship. I remember her saying what you quoted her as saying. It seems to me that she thought of their involvement as being classified somewhere between "fling" and "something approaching serious", and she may have wanted them to be more, but by saying "we could have had something real", she was acknowledging that they had never moved beyond the limbo stage in which they'd been lingering during their involvement. So... yeah, that's how I interpreted it.

I really couldn't tell you with any degree of certainty whether "most" people want E/C to happen, but I think you're on the money when you say "a lot". I think the writers know that. Generally, I think relationships in shows aren't thrown together for sh*ts and giggles - they either exist to piss off the audience or to make the audience happy. Oddly, this pairing is doing BOTH for the audience!

I always got the feeling that Calleigh used the rule as an excuse to break things off with Jake. Most people will probably assume that I got such a feeling because I see things through E/C-tinted glasses, but I think such a position could be justified from an objective point of view. I could be wrong, though.

Anyway, I think that from the audience's perspective, the storyline is moving pretty quickly, but we have to keep in mind that lengths of time pass between each episode. Events transpire, storylines progress, relationships evolve, when we're not "looking". I mean, I remember Adam saying in an interview "I didn't see it coming. I looked at the script and thought 'oh, well, I guess I'm sleeping with Natalia now!" I'm paraphrasing, of course, but I think that was the gist of it. So yeah, things happen offscreen and often times we're supposed to go along with it.

I'm sorry you feel disappointed. No, seriously, I am. I've known the same disappointment with other shows when my ships didn't happen or didn't progress.

And actually, even being a Hiphugger fan, I'm with you on the "I hope it doesn't overtake the focus of the show" bit. I want Miami to stay a CSI show and not turn into a soap opera. But... hehe... I admit, I do want just one or two mushy gushy episodes.

I feel the same way. Ryan always seems to get a bum rap. Most of the other characters can screw up and they seem to get along fine, but when Ryan messes up, it's like he's treated like a loser and a jerk. He's human too, sheesh! Give him a break!

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Ah, okay. I got'cha. I guess that makes sense. I guess we just have different interpretations of the word. :) Thanks for clarifying. :)

I don't remember her ever mentioning any siblings. We know that Eric and Nat both have nieces. Eric had at least two sisters (one of course is deceased and had no children), maybe three? Ryan has at least one sibling since we know from that one ep that he has a niece (I think they said she was 12, but that was two years ago so she'd be 14 now). Horatio has a niece (Madison or is it Suzi- can't remember which is the mom and which is the little girl lol) and a nephew (Ray Jr). And as far as we know, H only had one brother and no other sibs. We know that Nat has two sisters (Anya and Christine, as I mentioned in the last post). But, I don't recall Calleigh ever mentioning having brothers or sisters. I'm still at this point trying to figure out if her parents are together or not. :lol: I think they split up because of his drinking, but then I thought he mentioned trying to work things out with her or something?

:lol: That is true, it is doing both. Honestly and obviously I'm not jumping for joy, but I kind of saw it coming, so I prepared myself ahead of time. It's not like its a huge shock or anything. :)

Yeah, I honestly don't know why they write it like that. I think they should try something new and actually have the team be on his side for once ... instead of doing the predictable thing and having them being angry with him or questioning his loyalty, etc. Just surprise us once in a while, you know? :lol:

I thought it was Jake though who intially said they couldn't be together anymore because of the rule?

Well, I guess that's true. I know on Vegas that while technically for the audience it has only been a short time since Warrick's death, time has gone by a lot faster on the show and it's actually been closer to a year since Warrick's death than it actually is. So, that's a good point. But still, I think it would have been better if they'd allowed the audience to see the relationship developing rather than have the majority of it developing off screen.

I can understand wanting the gushsy scenes. I would too if it was the ship in my avi. ;) However, I think the show turned into a Dallas like clone a long time ago (not because of E/C, but before that). I mean the whole thing about Horatio suddenly having a son he never knew about and one that's half grown no doubt was very Dallas-like IMO. :lol:

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  3. Half

Half CSI Level Two

My problem with both pro-EC and anti-EC people at the moment is that Calleigh isn't really running towards Eric in the promo. She might take a quick step forward, but she's never shown running/jogging forward. I wanted to point that out because it's been bothering me since I've heard the comments. Eric on the other hand is kind of jogging a bit, but it's never really shown.

4. electra

electra Pathologist

I also don't want to see E/C taking over the show but I want at least an episode where we know exactly how this relationship started.And I just think that TPTB made the promo to attract viewers.This is probably the only CSI pairing that I actually like so I am really excited but I understand that all will not feel the same.

I do believe that Eric and Natalia could have been a strong couple had writers given them a chance.But now whatever they had is gone.Natalia was quite relaxed about Calleight kissing Eric.

I do like Ryan way better this season then in previous ones.I woudl not blame him for compromising a crime scene becouse he is saving a kid life.This is way different then the glmabling or the whole Erica situation.

5. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

Even though I'm an E/C shipper, I also agree with some of you that I don't want CSI:Miami to turn into the Calleigh and Eric Show. That would just be annoying, and bad for the show. If something happens that a lot of people hate, they're going to stop watching. Less viewers = Less money, and the show would end sooner than expected. I don't want that. The writers can tastefully include a couple of snippets every now and then of romantic relationships between main characters, but it would be beneficial to all parties involved to keep it to a tolerable level.

I just read the crossover info on Wikipedia. I'm seriously wondering if some random person did a bunch of drugs and came up with this plot. It's talking about it as though it's the second episode in the next season, and that's one of the reasons why it seems fishy to me. Have both CSI:Crime Scene Investigation and CSI:Miami been renewed for a 10th and 8th Season (respectively)? And even if they have, we haven't had any spoilers or hints about the last few episodes of this season. Why would anybody already know what's going to happen next season? It's only February!:confused:

6. abstract

abstract Dead on Arrival

Thanks, speed_cochrane, for answering my question. I appreciate it.

GNRFan, your comments echoed a lot of my thoughts.

Maybe a lot of people here think EC make a great couple, but here is not 'most' or 'everyone'. I think Eric and Calleigh make great friends; it's one aspect of the show that I always liked. I also liked the friendship Calleigh had with Ryan back in seasons 2 & 3. It's disappointing that the writers have abandoned that friendship while they have concentrated on turning Eric & Calleigh into a romance. I found it much more enjoyable to see a male and female coworker having a close friendship based on mutual fondness and respect without having to turn it into a romance.

I couldn't agree more. While I don't expect realism from Miami, I don't expect a fairy tale along with the weekly dose of crime, either. Part of the problem for me, is that the writers have resorted to so much drama to bring these two together. If EC liked each other, how about just having them go out on a date and see what happens? Why the 'I can't imagine my life without you' confession before they've even had dinner? Why resort to a scene bordering on soap opera, like we saw in the promo (after yet another Eric-drama-filled, life-altering event)? I think the writing of the EC romance has been far too contrived to be believable. Something is simply missing with these two, whether it's the writing, the lack of sexual chemistry, the inconsistency in Calleigh's character this season or a combination of all those things - it's just not working for me.

But some of you love EC, and I can appreciate that. I just personally prefer the romance on Miami to stay a bit in the background, giving us just enough to remind us that these folks have lives and interests outside of work. I think the Jake & Calleigh pairing worked well in that regard. Jake wasn't a character Calleigh shared every other scene with, every single episode.

I keep wondering if that policy is going to be swept under the rug or if it will come up in a future episode. I'm actually surprised that EC are keeping their relationship a secret. Isn't that a case of 'been there, done that'. Calleigh just went that route, didn't she learn nothing stays a secret in Miami? And didn't Eric already say he'd switch to nights if it were him (and not Jake)? Hopefully the writers won't forget what they've already written and the policy will come up again.

7. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

:eek: If they kill off Frank I will probably quit watching. Seriously. Calleigh gets kidnapped...AGAIN??? PLEASE! Julia gets killed. Well, that's one way to write her off the show. Ryan? Eric? Natalia? Where Are youuuu?

8. greatfan

greatfan Captain

That crossover info sounds like fanfiction to me.Why would this info for next season be posted when we don't even have the spoilers completed for this season.

9. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

I'd take the spoilers for next season with a grain of salt - we don't even know how this season will end.

10. CalleighEric

CalleighEric Police Officer

If this wikipedia stuff is right...I want to know how it got on wikipedia. Do they even have season 8 written yet? I doubt it...and even if they do...I highly doubt that information would be accessible. It sounds like a good episode...but really? Julia chopped in half, frank almost dead, and calleigh kidnapped?:wtf:

11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Oh, come on! :rolleyes: Those supposed episode titles even sound like fanfic titles! Flordia Fiasco and Nevada Nostaliga? Please! This so screams fake to me! Although the thing about Julia being found dead with Calleigh's ID is interesting. Though I don't know why the killer would put Cal's ID on Julia's body... unless is the Russian Mafia again sending H a message that his son's mother was only the first vic. I don't buy it, sorry. Not with those episode titles.

12. csi_justine

csi_justine Witness

^^ I agree sounds like fanfiction and it's way too early to know what will be going on in season 8 yet. Were still in season 7 and don't know the rest of the episodes are.

13. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Yeah that is just some fan out there posting stuff to get people like us riled up....there is even a site out there that shows the titles for the rest of the seasons eps and so far NONE of them have been right.....Season 8 probably only a brainstorm in the minds of the writers right now!! They still need to finish this season! :lol:

The idea does sound promising but it does scream that someone is out there fabricating these ideas to get people talking....those titles would never be titles of this show!

There are only two sources I believe in:
    1) Corey
    2) my spoiler site (and even then those change constantly from when I read them to when the ep airs!)

Unless someone hears something directly from another producer or even to some extent a cast member, I take everything with a huge grain of salt.

14. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

Whew, that makes me feel better. I don't know why I automatically trusted that source haha...Those titles are pretty dumb come to think of it.

I was like, man! Surely they aren't this stupid! This is where Holly STOPS watching Miami!!!

15. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

From what the original character bio was for Calleigh, she's morphed a lot. Originally she was supposed to have a couple of younger brothers, was conceived out of wedlock so her parents were forced into a shotgun wedding just before her birth. They were dirt poor and she was supposedly the first one in her family to go to college. Her parents were both supposed to be alcoholics and her father beat on her when he was drunk.

As she is as of this season: father is a public defender and she came from a relatively affluent background. So much so that Alexx actually inquired if she had a nanny growing up. Siblings aren't mentioned. Mom was now more of a buddy than a parent and apparently isn't an alcoholic, dad is now a loveable, singing drunk that still is the ipitome of a Southern Gentleman. Mom and dad have been divorced for 15 years as of "Just Murdered".

Yeah, talk about a 180 on a character.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.