Caution: **Spoiler Lab** Ahead - Season 7

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Feb 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

Oh yes I know I know...
    I was only saying that solving crimes is what these characters do, and thus IS a part of them...in a way. Maybe? Lol. And let's not forget each episode is only 1 hour long. The writers have to be pretty gifted in how they present a character's personal life, how they introduce it, and how long it will take, while still keeping the crime they're working on in tact. You'd be surprised how hard that is. There's just not enough time to give us all the ryan eric horatio and calleigh we want!

....WHICH is why we should force CBS to make each episode 2 hours long!! :devil:

So If you see on CNN later that CBS has been taken hostage then you know who to blame....-guilty-

2. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

I like the way you think! ;)

I agree it's difficult for the writers to balance crime with characters. Personally, that's what I love about crime dramas. We get character drama, but only in little pieces here and there. We're not getting it all the time and in every situation. That drives me crazy.

3. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I totally agree...if I wanted a show soley based on character drama, I would watch a soap opera :lol:

The writers this year, imo, seem to be balancing the crime drama and character drama really well....they have added a lot more personal stuff into the show but at the same time we have known some of these characters for 7 years and grown attached to them...at some point we have to get to know them! Otherwise they are just shells or robots going through the motions and sometimes the crime drama wouldn't be as good as it is w/o them and their personal twist or connection to it.

I would love it if this show was 2 hours long!! It would make my day! :lol:

4. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

So now that we got that out of the way.....

Does anyone have any details about this beating Ryan is suppose to get? I'm sort of confused about the ordeal..

BTW did anyone see the new promo for 7.15? It's on CBS.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  5. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

Whoa, Ryan's getting beat up? That's news to me. Poor Ryan, he's always getting the short end of the stick on this show. It's like they don't want us to like him. But HA, too bad for them, I like him anyway!

And I think you meant the new promo for 7.16. Yep, I saw it on the CBS YouTube channel. Looks to be an exciting story!

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

:lol: Oh trust me, I'd still find something to write about. :lol: Even if it was alternate realities. There would always been crossover fics (and I don't mean necessarily crossovers with the other CSI shows, I mean crossovers with any other show). :lol:

:guffaw:That cracked me up. I don't know about each ep being 2 hours, but one 2hr movie ep event a month would be nice. :D

It's the Russian mob that do it. They want him to mess with evidence so their guy isn't implicated in a murder. Then when Ryan won't do it to save himself, they nab Billy (Ryan's sponsor's little boy) and say if Ryan doesn't do what they want, they'll kill Billy. I don't understand why Ryan has to be beaten up though. Couldn't they have just had the mob give him proof that they have Billy and tell him what he has to do to keep Billy alive? Why are they always beating up on my guys? I mean Adam on NY, Greg on Vegas and now Ryan? :(

7. ihsyap

ihsyap Hit and Run

you're totally right..It's also a very hard job for the writers since they are around 7 of them who star in it and we can't expect them to squeeze 7 stories about 7 different lives in an hour and plus the crimes and stuff.. besides, without their personal lives i cannot imagine watching a show all filled with people killing each other, then people solving their deaths without interaction..that's be totally weird :shifty: yeah, agree that 2 hours would totally rock :devil:

csi's are often being attacked by mobs and taken as hostages by criminals..if not, they become victims themselves and either get shot or get killed or harmed..they have such a tragic life :lol:

8. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

Actually, from what I read, Ryan gets taken, beat up for a while, and then he complies. Then the next day they call him and send him a video of Billy being kidnapped as an added incentive. At first I was like, well, great Ryan! You have no respect! But then, if I was getting the crap beaten out of me I would probably comply too. Then tell Horatio. :)

The main thing I'm wondering about is if his injuries are going to be visible, like on his face and everything. I'm hoping Calleigh or somebody will ask him about it.

9. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I'm guessing there won't be visible bruises on his face, that would be noticed right away.It still sounds as if the beating was severe( Horatio mentions the word torture) I would think that Ryan was in some way injured would still be apparent.Even his attitude would be different,or should be different enough to send up flags.Someone should question what's going on,or at least think something is off.
    I hated seeing Greg get beaten by that mob,and I'm already hating the thought that Ryan will be beaten,but it does sound as if it's going to be a good story.I do worry how all that action is going to packed into one hour,and hope it doesn't seem rushed.

10. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I wonder how much of that "torture" comment is overdramatized though.
    For once, I really would like to see something that drastic, but I'm not too sure of how much I should read into H's words. But hey, I'd love to see some real action & blood so if it is that way then Im all for it.

11. greatfan

greatfan Captain

There was mention of blood on the floor,but you're right, it could be overdramatized.It may have been a drop of blood the size of a pin head. Who knows if what was said in the spoilers will make it to the screen.I assume he received more than slap though.

12. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

Action involving the CSI's that isn't a shootout (where usually H is the only one who can hit anything) sounds great. Not that I am looking forward to Ryan getting the snot beat out of him but action like that will be interesting.
    Honestly I can see Ryan doing just about anything for a kid. So it will be interesting to see how he handles the conflicting emotions.

13. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Or anything that doesn't involve something blowing up:lol:
    I'm looking forward to the episode too.The mob obviously knows Ryan will do anything for Billy and used that,like Achilles heel.

14. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

The word 'torture' has got to be somewhat overdramatized. Word is we see Ryan kidnapped and beaten up in Target Specific (7.19) (NOT sure if this is 100% true) then 7.20 picks up from that...

PROBLEM: See, I'm just wondering. If Ryan is beaten up to the extend of 'torture' wouldn't he be in visible pain or have visible marks on him from the ordeal?

THEORY: Then again, I know there are forms of 'torture' that don't leave visible traces, but does the russian mob really know that kind of stuff?

ANOTHER THEORY: Or...Maybe some time has passed since he was kidnapped, and the Russian mob, seeing he hasn't moved on their request, kidnap Billy to force him instead.

Too many thoughts.
    THIS is torture!!!
    :lol:

15. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I hadn't really thought maybe some time had passed from the beating until Billy was kidnapped,that is a good theory.

The torture thing is confusing. I do think there would be something visable,either bruising or something visable in Ryan's attitude and actions. But of course,I'm also one that thinks the team dynamics is such a mess, Ryan would almost need an ax sticking out of his head before anyone noticed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.