Cath/Sofia Slash - Crimson Gold

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by forensicsgirl, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

PM me! Sounds like I need to read some of umbrello's fics!

What I love about these two is that they're really take-charge, kick-ass women and so awesome :D

2. Kylie

Kylie Witness

That's what I see - two very hot, very kick ass women. I don't see them as a couple to have a long, great relationship - but a very hot fling that I'd love to see!

3. umbrello

umbrello Rookie

YAY! People are posting! :D

If anyone is interested in reading my Sofia/Catheriine fics including my very, very pitiful attempt at a PWP, :eek: just say so or PM me. they are on either ff.net or my LJ (or both).

Friends or lovers I really think the 2 of them really have a great on screen chemistry. I would love to see the writers allow something to develop between them, even it was only a friendship.

Kind of makes me wonder if Marg and Louise are friends off camera.

I know there isn't much to choose from, but what is your favorite Sofia/Catherine moment?

4. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I think there was a lot of tension between these two when we first met Sofia in Formalities. She was 'supposed' to be Grissom's distraction from Sara.

I think Sofia was a 'thorn' in Cath's side in terms of being someone Grissom could depend on, especially when Ecklie split the teams and demoted Sofia to a CSI.

Catherine I think began to respect her as a CSI then a Det. again as she 'proved' herself to Cath.

All of this of course is MY take on them. I do like them as friends, I'm not sure how long the 'love affair' would last.
    They are both strong women, I'm not sure 'the affair' would end well... :lol:

So, I'm going with more recent episodes with Cath and Sofia.
    Double Cross and Burn Out

5. Kylie

Kylie Witness

My favourite moment, to be honest, is in King Baby, just after the autopsy where Catherine snaps at Sofia. It helped set a backstory for me with Cath/Sofia in one of my roleplays - it screams out 'lovers tiff!' to me.

I think whatever they shared together, would end pretty badly. Both are far too strong and stubborn to give in easily, and they'd sure as hell have a bad break up, I expect.

I'd love to read some of your fics, by the way. Think I may have read them all already though, lol! But, always up for re-reading fics like that. =D

6. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

Hey everyone. I've written a Cath/Sofia fic ages ago (it's on my fanfic.net account, look at my bio) I'd link it but it's not so PG ;)

I never actually believed in a Cath/Sofia relationship, but somehow one day that fic wrote itself :p

I don't know, they have this strange chemistry, they don't fit at all yet they can make it work. They're both hot, that's for sure. And when they work together you can often see sparks fly through the air. There's defnitely passion between them.

7. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Just read your fic, MiaCharlize *thuds* :devil:

8. Kylie

Kylie Witness

Damn, just read it too *fans self* Now that is totally how I picture those two, and I love it. Great work!

9. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

WOW, left you a message at FF too

I can see how these two women can talk to each other like that then

go on to do other things to each other

10. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

It was the only way I could picture it happening. I just couldn't see romance between them, they both don't seem the type, especially not together.

11. Kylie

Kylie Witness

I think they'd share a little bit of romance - but not in a serious way, if that makes sense. I think Catherine would use say, the paper flowers thing to make one for Sofia to be romantic, but in a playful way. After all, what woman doesn't love romance? Even tough chicks like a bit of it every now and then.

12. umbrello

umbrello Rookie

And Catherine and Sara make more sense as a romantic couple because....? :confused:

Honestly, all things being equal, I don't see why these 2 couldn't have some kind of long term relationship.

I think that any person, male or female, that becomes involved with Catherine is going to have to be patient, very patient. I think that Catherine has had a lot of crap thrown at her, either from the men she's dated or from life in general, and it has made her hard.

I think that Sofia has shown that she can be patient, she'd be more likely to talk through a conflict, and she most definitely wouldn't cheat on her.

I think over the past couple of seasons that these 2 women have become more comfortable around each other.

I also think she would be a good influence on Lindsey, she would certainly underdstand what it's like to have a mother working long hours (I doubt her mother made captain by working 9-5). I'm certain Sofia would understand some of the frustrations that Lindsey would be going through.

I'm getting the feeling that I'm the only one on this board who genuinely likes this couple. :(

Anyway, that's more or less my take on it.

13. Kylie

Kylie Witness

Oh, I do genuinely like them as a couple - I just would rather see Sofia with Sara, because I think those two would have a real staying power as a couple, whilst I worry about Catherine being a little too... much, for Sofia.

Not that Sofia can't handle herself - she's one tough chick - but I'm just not so sure on them being able to keep it going for the rest of their lives and whatnot.

I do agree though that Sofia would get on very well with Lindsay - there aren't many other people in the lab who I think Lindsay would get along so well with, because of the reasons you mentioned.

I see Sofia as someone incredibly loyal and protective, so no doubts there that she'd be good to Catherine. But, if Catherine kept on using her sexuality to get far (like undoing her shirt for a suspect, which is still the scene that squicks me the most in CSI =/), I could see big problems there. I don't think Sofia is terribly comfortable with that kind of thing (she didn't really want to unbutton her shirt when Brass suggested it) and it could be the cause of conflict between the two.

14. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Hey umbrello, I'm with you.

I think these two could make it if they were that way inclined (I still primarily ship GC and BS though).

That being said, I'm not touching the thing about Catherine and her sexuality (with the shirt thing), because I've already discussed that with people and it annoys me some of the opinions.

But umbrello, I agree with you. I could totally see them together in a relationship - they seem to have the same though processes and are really quite alike in a lot of ways.

15. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

*bump*

I know we haven't seen much of Sofia lately, but that doesn't mean the ship has to die, does it?

Anyone still with it?