Carmine Giovinazzo

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Guest, Oct 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Re: The Locker Room: All Danny, All The Time

^Heh, yeah, the blond, blue-eyed thing threw me, too.

Oh, France--cool! Where in France will you go? I've been to Paris and loved it. We only were there for a few days, but it was fun. I want to go to Italy, especially Rome since I took Latin!

2. sock

sock Police Officer

I was looking for some Carmine pics one day, and found a few chapels and stuff from Giovinazzo. Hehehe. I found it really interesting.

I've never been to Italy, actually I've never been to Europe! I really want to go someday! Italy would be great, get in touch with the Italian side of things, wow Carmine with my knowledge of Italy... Unrealistic, but always great to dream. Sigh*

3. Top41

My knowledge of Italy pretty much pertains to the ancient stuff--the Roman Empire--but it's a really fascinating country. Latin, not such an easy language, but my favorite year of it was when we studied Roman history and read Suetonius and Livy.

Has anyone here seen I, Claudius, the 13 part PBS miniseries that dramatizes Suetonius's The Lives of the Caesars? It's like a soap opera set in ancient Rome.

And yes, I realize I've probably out-geeked everyone in this thread, but I thought it's possible somebody may have seen it. :lol: It's really good! :D

4. dylan

dylan Pathologist

well, haven´t seen the series but if you want geekiness; i learned italian for 4 and latin for 2 years and i must admit i love latin! :D and now at college a have a whole class about roman culture (i study architecture so it´s kinda important; rome and greece and all that)...yeah, i think my knowledge ´bout italy would probably scare carmine off :D

5. Top41

I liked Latin, too, though it was more of a love/hate relationship. Some of that translating was so hard! Ever try Vergil? *shudder* I can still picture that purple hardcover of the first half of The Aeneid from high school. :eek:

Roman culture--that sounds like a really cool class! I took a Roman history class in college and a lot of ancient lit classes (Classic Civ was my minor), but never took a class in just the culture. That should be cool.

You study architecture? That's cool! It's a difficult program from what I've heard...I had a couple of friends in college who were studying architecture and they worked really hard!

6. JDonne

JDonne CSI Level One

There are actually quite a few Italians with blond hair and blue eyes. The darker skin comes from the Moors when they conquered generous heaps of the Mediterranean, and I thank them for my olive skin. It is a beautiful country. Since, I did my undergraduate study in the UK, and that took 3 years to complete, I spent a year living in Italy with my former flame.

Ali

7. JDonne

JDonne CSI Level One

Seen it? I own it on DVD! :lol:

Ali

8. Top41

^Lucky! :D I knew a fellow English major would have caught it. I want to get it, but the $80 price tag is intimidating (I think that's what it goes for).

Where in Italy did you live?

9. Guest

Guest Guest

I have a good friend with Italian roots and her hair and complexion are like Carmine's. She's got brown eyes however.

10. dylan

dylan Pathologist

and still a lot of italians (especially the girls) go to sun-taning studios...sheesh :rolleyes:

Top41 -you don´t know my latin teacher! she was a beast!!! sarcastic as hell and pretty demanding...i think i learned latin better than english because of her; the freakiest word i learned was "unquentarius,i,m."=merchent, seller of oils and greases :D

architecture is pretty hard to study but when you get used to not sleeping it´s quite ok ;)

11. JDonne

JDonne CSI Level One

I got mine on Amazon for about $72, but no taxes and no S&H. What can I say; I have a Jones for history. By the way, I took Latin for 2 years, and sucked, I actually had to have a tutor (which let me squeak out some seriously undeserved A-), and to this day it is my academic shame. :( So sad, since I speak Spanish and Italian.

Most of the time we lived just outside of Naples near the Amalfi Coast, a truly breathtaking place to live or visit! Then for a few short months, we lived in Rome. It is truly my favorite place in the world, just beautiful. My mother is from Spain, also beautiful, but a distant second in my heart. I spent a good deal of my childhood in the region.

Ali

12. dylan

dylan Pathologist

JDonne -my favourite part of rome was the forum romanum and the spanish stairs (it´s that what´s it´s called in english)...i just hated all the fences around he forum...ou! and i loved the view from the capitol (one of the 7 hills)...

ok, ppl, i think we´re way off-topic here!
    let´s get back to the important stuff *picturing danny in a marc anthony/cesar-lool-a-like armoured suit* :D

13. Top41

Oh, wow--that sounds lovely JDonne! My sister has been to the Amalfi coast and her pictures of it are beautiful. Did you go swimming in the sea? The water there is so blue, and I think that's where they went swimming in a grotto. Amazing.

Rome is...Rome. There's so much history there. I imagine living there is incredible.

dylan...lol, you do have a point! But I'm picturing Danny in a toga, one that slips off very easily... :devil:

14. JDonne

JDonne CSI Level One

^We did go swimming in the sea, a few times in a grotto, which are amazing when the sun angles in just the right way. The water is so blue and refreshing; I loved the smell of the sea. Ahhh . . . I have a longing to go back.

Rome is an interesting mix of piety and party. People feel bathed in Catholicism just by being so close to center of the church, but they also have this amazing sense of living a joyous and sensuous existence. However, that love of living permeates the entire country, region in fact.

Italy is one sexy place, which leads to Danny at a clothing optional beach. :devil:

Ali

15. Top41

^Oh, cool! That grotto sounds gorgeous. And Rome...I bet that atmosphere is really something.

As for Danny, clothing should never be an option for him. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.