Carmine Giovinazzo Discussion: The Non-Locker Room Thread

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by MrsGiovinazzo, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Danistheman

Danistheman Prime Suspect

Re: Carmine Giovinazzo Discussion: The Non-Locker Room Threa

Twinkletoes I was thinking exactly the same thing!!! He's obviously a very expressive and artistic 'hands on' person :D Thanx v. much Joolz xx

2. bettine

bettine Dead on Arrival

Here is the [LINK] to Carmine's Ellis Island contribution at We Are Ellis Island .

3. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Thanks for sharing that link.

4. Lonia

Lonia Witness

Thanks Joolz and bettine for sharing those links.

The Five US interview is great. But I think I have to rewatch it and try to understand the parts I didn't understand the first time.

The story he tells in the Ellis Island contribution really is interesting. I think it's great that he's taking part in this.

5. Lorelai

Lorelai CSI Level One

:lol: It's great watching him talking, face & hands going along with the words! I think he could make even arithmetic interesting!

What did he answered? :( It’s getting frustrating to mostly deaf ( & I thought my hearing was fine) & Romanian. I just don’t understand him.. :( Could someone tell me what was said?

6. Danistheman

Carmine said that his character, Danny, and Flack were similar e.g. backgrounds. Then he said that he and Eddie had become much better friends and he thought this was reflected in this season (I think he was referring to Season 3 - someone correct me if I'm wrong). Finally Carmine was asked if he and Eddie go out together for a drink, and Carmine said yes. There was some of this part of the conversation where Carmine mumbled and laughed so I couldn't work out exactly what he was saying. Hope this has been some help :D

7. Lorelai

Lorelai CSI Level One

That's sweet! :lol:

I'd say! He's so right about that. I guess we've all learned (the hard way :( ) that you can not fake chemistry.

That's even sweeter! Thanks a lot for the translation! :lol:

8. LivingEnd

LivingEnd Lab Technician

Yep, thanks for the translation Danistheman, I had problems to understand him as well.
    It’s great to know that he and Eddie get along off screen as well, and they certainly have a great on screen chemistry. :D
    However I’m a bit puzzled about Danny and Flack having similar backgrounds; I though they would have rather different ones. :confused:

9. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Maybe it means something less literal, you know? Like they both grew up with a lot of expectations, maybe their fathers were both hard on them or something...

10. LivingEnd

LivingEnd Lab Technician

Thanks a lot for the clarification.
    In this case it would be definitely interesting to see that explored on the show. :)

11. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Well, I'm just speculating, but it's possible. :p I haven't actually listened to the interview, so I dunno what he might have meant.

12. Danistheman

I listened to the interview again, and bearing in the mind the sound is very poor quality, I think Carmine says something like, "Same background, from New York, blah, blah, blah" So he only really specifies that they are the same in that they are both from New York (whereas Mack is from Chicago, and 'the other 1' is from Montana).

13. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

The Ellis Island video was interesting...it's funny, because you can totally tell the difference between off-the-cuff interviews and ones that are more produced. They really got him to tone down the hand gestures. Those Arrow clothes look very nice on him. ;)

14. Joolz

Joolz Police Officer

Yeah, I bet they had to threaten to tie his hands behind his back to stop the normal hand gestures. The clothes though, Holy Moly, my daughter and I were both sitting here watching the video going, mmmm, Oh yeah, Damn, he looks fiiiiine...The whole package, with the hair and the clothes......one word...THUD

15. Orison

Orison CSI Level Two

I really liked the video.

It sounds like he's definitely proud of his heritage and it was nice of him to support this project. I think I like him even more now. :D

A lot of people left Italy for the States around the time his grandfather did, especially from the south (where Naples is). Not my favourite city I have to admit, but maybe now I should start seeing it with different eyes... ;)