Calleigh & Ryan #6: Setting Laptops On Fire - CaRWash

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by _Calleigh_, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjszud

mjszud Captain

i love the one from "rush". that was such a cute little moment between the two of them. its missed very much, but hey that was not too long ago & they still had it, so i think theres hope!

2. prettypractical

prettypractical Victim

Hey all, I'm new here! And also semi-new to the whole Calleigh/Ryan thing. But oh well, doesn't matter I guess. :)

I kind of see the similarities between Greg/Sara and Ryan/Calleigh... but not completely. Ryan has never actually said he liked Calleigh nor do I think he ever will (at least, not in the way Greg told/hinted to Sara). Greg and Sara's 'relationship' is weird and complicated, whereas Ryan and Calleigh's is more simple. Well, at least it was until the end of season 4 and the end of season 5, which is weird because there was sort of like a calm before the storm the first half of season 5. The reason I think she can get really upset with Ryan and tell him things straight out is because she feels comfortable enough around him. With Eric, she just seemed to feel bad because he was hurt in the line of duty and almost died and blah blah blah. I mean, there was definite chemistry and stuff, but it didn't seem real. With Ryan, I think she knows he's kind of arrogant sometimes and she needs to keep him grounded. I hope next season she realizes that and we get some nice moments like season 3/4/and early 5. Even if they just started working more cases together I'd be happy, lol.

In addition to that, I have a TONNE of icons and banners I'd like to share with you guys, all CaRWash themed, of course.
    They're here if you want to check them out. Feel free to use any of them and let me know if you like them.

Here's hoping for more Ryan/Calleigh moments in season 6! :)

3. CaRWash_Cutie

CaRWash_Cutie Rookie

Hi everyone! Welcome newbies! We are so glad to have you! Things may get a little weird in here at times, but visit often and soon enough it won't be weird anymore! :lol:

As for Eric in a Hawaiian print bathrobe :eek::eek::eek: Heaven forbid! Goodness! Please don't pull a GSR on us PTB! We need room to dream!

Also, awesome job on all the new icons! Hey, prettypractical, mind if I borrow a few of your icons for myself? Credit goes to you though, of course!

4. prettypractical

prettypractical Victim

Sure! I wanted to share them all with you guys because, you know, you're all CaRWash fans and stuff. :D
    Glad you like them! :)

5. Hestia

Hestia Coroner

Hey it's a newbie! Hi prettypractical! :) Good to see this thread still gathers new members. May I just say that those icons are pretty, practical, and plentiful! And I do wish that the two couples in my banner shared more similarities (If Ryan had a crush on Calleigh I'd be very happy!)

Now that I've sufficiently shocked people with the suggested image of Eric in a Hawaiian robe (for which I deeply apologize [​IMG]) I'll gleefully lurk and chuckle to myself, thinking good thoughts about Calleigh, Ryan, and... wait, what are they known for?

Hmmm... bright shirts? Quarreling then making up? Posing similarly during shift? Or perhaps washing cars (though they've never done that much to my disappointment).
    Maybe some of you can enlighten me. :D

6. prettypractical

prettypractical Victim

Hi! Thanks for the warm welcome. :)

That image of Eric is like, seared into my brain. How horrible, lol. *sees an episode open up with him in a hawaiian print robe... except he's not with Calleigh.. but some girl he went out with the previous night.. and she's dead.) That actually seems like something Miami would do. I'm fine with the hideous robe as long as Calleigh's nowhere near it, lol.

I hope that when Ryan comes back and joins the team (hopefully they'll make this realistic and at least wait for a few episodes before chucking him back in) Calleigh will welcome him back. And Ryan will grow up a bit and start taking responsibility for things, which in turn, will make Calleigh like him more. Or something like that. Then we can have the whole Calleigh/Eric thing again in season 6 instead of it being Eric, it'll be Ryan. Woooooooo I'm getting way too ahead of myself here, lol. Ohhh wishful thinking... :D

7. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

Welcome prettypractical :) And didn't you just come with some of the greatest surprises for us? Beautiful icons and other stuff you had there. Seriously, they are amazing :) And I am so glad that there are still people joining us.

Hestia, you're too funny :lol: Seriously, you put me laughing for a while.

Anyway, Eric in that thing. Well, it's OK for me, unless Calleigh is around, of course. Eric can wear that with all his girlfriends, but not Calleigh. Huh, that would make Ryan jeaulous, can you imagine? And Calleigh would have a guilty counsciousness(?) :devil:

And I agree, when Ryan comes back, slowly (to make it look real) we have to see him gaining the trust of everybody as he gains some more responsability. And Calleigh would welcome him back, in a lovely way *dreams* Beautiful CaRWash scene that I am imagining :rolleyes:

8. mjszud

mjszud Captain

whats w/ eric in a hawaiin print bathrobe??? i bet he doesnt even wear a robe! he looks like the type to just get outta the shower, & let it all hang out. but back on subject w/ ryan, it has me wondering now, is ryan a boxer or briefs kinda guy?? i say: boxers, maybe w/ some odd print on them- no stripes, tho. or paisley! what do you think?? just put that thought in your brain. oh & make him all wet like he just got done showering & cals still in bed sleeping!!! yumm.

9. Hestia

Hestia Coroner

I know that what I said about Eric and the Hawaiian robe was awful but what you suggested mjszud, about him letting it all "hang out", that was just plain cruel. [​IMG]. I was gonna lurk for a while but that image was enough to bring me back here. It was just that unpleasant.
    You're lucky you said that other part about Ryan! :p (I may not be a Ryan fangirl but that image was much better and it was like a mental palate cleanser).

At least CSI_Dani is laughing. :) And I would much rather see Ryan and Calligh in bathrobes but I'm sure everyone here knew that.
    I think that the writers might not bring Ryan back as slowly as you'd like. After all, Natalia became a CSI over one summer, so why not have Mr. Wolfe back as CSI in the first episode? In fact, if Ryan is not a CSI by the second episode I'll become a Horatio fangirl! :eek:

Yes. I said it. Now to put my shoddy faith in the Miami TPTB.

Oh, and Ryan seems like a boxer-briefs guy. Isn't he OCDish? Surely he'd want some snugness... (Ummm, that wasn't meant to be guttery. :lol:)

10. prettypractical

prettypractical Victim

I hate how fast the writers make everything!
    I don't necessarily hate Natalia but the fact that she became a CSI almost overnight really annoyed me. She should have to work her way up the ladder like everyone else.
    And I don't think Ryan should be thrown right back in during the season opener. But chances are, he will. I love how realistic things are in Miami... :rolleyes:
    Season premiere: Ryan gets re-hired.
    Second episode: He outranks H and takes control.
    Third episode: CSI Wolfe completes world domination.
    Knowing what the writers usually throw at us its not that far-fetched. lol
    :rolleyes:

11. Dutchie

Dutchie Coroner

Wow, haven't been here in a while. Truth is; school's over in 2 weeks, and all the things I still have to do are killing me. Coming onto the board wasn't on my list for a while, but I had to pop in.

Caitlin! You joined the board! Awesome, glad to have you here with us.

Hestia, you just had to put that image of Eric in an Hawain bath robe in my head, didn't ya? Thank you very much.

On another note: I'm almost finised with my new one-shot story. As soon as I have a single free minute I will finish it and post it on ff.net. Ironic, I finished HIWTHI so I can focus on other stories, and bam, homework piles up. That's probably because I can't plan to save my life, though.

I don't hope that Ryan will be rehired in the first new episode, but I think he will. If he is, though, I'd want to see him struggle to fit in again, to prove himself. He has to show them he's still worthy of being a CSI and their friend. I hope he'll regain Calleigh's trust.

It's been a long while, but it's here:

CaRWash Pic Of The Day:
    (From Recoil)

[​IMG]

This is still one of my favorite pics. Not because the episode was so awesome (Well, I did like Recoil), nor because the scene was special, but just because of the way they're standing on this cap.

12. mjszud

mjszud Captain

sorry! i didn't mean to gross anyone anyone out! anyway, i TOTALLY think ryan will just appear out of nowhere & be back w/ us at the opening of the season. i do think they'll continue a little w/ his 'issues' tho. im sure the writers will drag it out a little bit, but im hanging onto this theory that a cal/jake relationship would be good for this ship, it can only help fuel their fire, i say. however, any other relationship (wont dare mention name) could hurt. too many relationships within the workplace could get REALLLY ugly. i say we stick w/ jake for NOW then he can disappear & she can find her way to ryan a little later. the writers will have to take this 'pairing' pretty slow, i think.

13. prettypractical

prettypractical Victim

Yeah, I agree mjszud. Too many relationships in the workplace would really screw things up. I'm fine with Jake because I don't think he poses any threat to the Calleigh/Ryan relationship. Jake's an old flame, correct? And I think that's all that Ryan sees it as. :)
    Now Eric's realizes that she wasn't serious, its Ryan's turn. Oh wow, that sounded bad. You guys know what I meant :p

14. carla

carla Dead on Arrival

wow, page 18 already! we're gaining speed, that's great :D i've been a bit busy this week, seems like i missed out on all the fun around here! ;)

i made some more icons during the week, though sadly there's not a lot of ryan/calleigh stuff in that batch. still, maybe some of you would like to take a look.

something funny happened to me yesterday. well, not really funny funny, it really depends on how you look at it. my family got together for lunch because it was father's day, right? and i always take my ipod with me for these get-togethers because someone's always watching something i don't like on TV-- if i didn't bring it, i would be bored to death. well, my 13-year-old cousin took a hold of it and started listening to some songs. she loves to see which new songs and stuff i uploaded into it since the last time she saw it, she's a bit nosy that way. anyway, she started looking through my videos (harry potter trailers and such, mostly) and found the one ryan/calleigh video i have in there, the one with the song "hush" that i like so much. she started watching it, and suddenly she comes up to me (i didn't even know she had the ipod at the time) and says-- all smiles, might i add-- "i knew it! did those two get together?!" and i just stared at her in surprise :eek: a bit depressing, because i had to tell her they hadn't (YET! ;)), but i found it really amusing that even my little cousin, who's seen CSIM like ONCE, thought ryan & cal had a thing. now doesn't that make all of you feel good? we're not imagining things, really, we're not :)

lots of R/C pics posted during the week! awww, i love that scene in "blood in the water," it's so cute! so... everyday, if you catch my meaning. between these two, it's the little things. soon enough they'll be ordering food for each other and stuff. just... domestic. i don't know, i'm not making sense, but that scene makes me feel all WaFFy :D as does the last scene of "recoil." it was nice to see them just standing there so comfortably after all the mess they'd been through earlier :)

nice to see some of you don't hate natalia :) i mean, you're all entitled to not like her, it's your call, but i just feel like i have to mention that i don't, just to equilibrate the weight. it's nothing big, really.

as for R/C being similar to greg/sara... i have to say i don't really see it :confused: well, maybe in S3 because ryan was very similar to greg at the beginning... but he changed pretty quickly and i don't think they're that alike now, even by the beginning of season 4. and calleigh & sara have never been similar in my mind. of course, my opinion can be explained by the fact that i haven't watched vegas in a veeery long while, so don't think too much about it :p

i'm sorry, did i hear something about eric in a hawaiian robe? nah, i probably just hallucinated for a second. i think i'll stick to other topics, like ryan ruling the world, preferrably if he does it in boxer-briefs ;)

a very warm welcome to caitlin! see, i told you we were a nice bunch :) you guys, make her feel at home-- she makes the most awesome graphics! if you don't believe me, take a look at my new sig banner, which i can't stop staring at, myself. *squees* oh, i love that scene. i loooooove it :D

i, too, think ryan will be already back on the team, as usual, by the time season 6 starts. mostly because i think that particular storyline was just meant for a couple episodes. if it wasn't, people might start thinking horatio's getting soft-- "what do you MEAN it took him half a season to bring back a CSI to his team?! he's horatio caine for god's sake! he's almighty! he so pwns stetler and all those IAB suckers!" (yeah, i took it too far, so sue me ;)) we don't want that to happen to H. so ryan will be reinstated in a jiffy, i'm sure :rolleyes:

and BTW, natalia's not a CSI yet. she's just a trainee (...right? she can't handle a gun yet-- at least up to "death eminent," which is the last episode i've seen in sequential order, nor the last few episodes of the season-- she's not a cop, she's a scientist). and i doubt that was really horatio's doing; i think she was just forced on them by the feds. she couldn't lose her job now that they'd found her out, after all. so i wouldn't really blame TPTB for that, it would've been a bit weird if she'd kept her old job or just left. they'd been prepping her to become a regular, after all.

hestia- yeah, i know, she is a very underappreciated goddess. though i'm more of a muses fan (calliope mainly, i guess), i definitely think hestia's cool.

katie- "the eric/calleigh/jake thing" :lol: you're right, it does sound kinda soapy, doesn't it? :rolleyes:

i'm almost 3/4 of the way through "harm for the holidays: misgivings" and oh, that book is so hilarious! ryan & cal always have the best (and strangest) conversations. aliens with ice-cream based extinguishers in "riptide," and now killer snowmen with death rays! gosh, that's just priceless. donn cortez is such a closet shipper. i wish their conversations could be as light in the actual show.

i'll see you later, guys! :) have a good few days and keep up the momentum! i'm aiming for our needing thread #7 very soon!

15. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

Welcome Caitlin -- I'm sorry I missed the welcome, :) We are a nice little bunch.

I miss CaRWash scenes, thanks for the picture and the quote, Nikki, I'm really glad your still doing it.

Carla I'm checking out the icons now. ;) I was just about to ask for some of those so thanks for that :)

Ryan better be reinstated, or I'm gonna be a huge bitch, he deserves to be apart of the team, sure he has his moments, but who doesn't?? And Luna needs to bring the real Calleigh back, thats all I gotta say :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.