"Built To Kill Part 1" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Yeah...Interesting episode...very different though. For the most part I liked it, but some things just seemed weird. Like why did Nick and Catherine go dancing in the first place? And did Nick actually leave with that girl? I don't know if it's just me, but something seemed off. :confused:

But as for the ending, very good, I just wish we didn't have to wait a whole week to find out what happens!! :eek:

I really liked the episode, especially the last twenty or so minutes of it! Some parts of it really bored me for some reason, and I had a hard time paying attention during them.

The first couple minutes of the episode I loved because I've never seen anything like the Cirque de Soleil before. I'm glad they put that in the episode because it was brilliant!

The scene with Catherine waking up in the motel room was really touching, and I felt for her when she realized that she might have been raped. I couldn't believe that she did her own rape kit, though! I don't think I could have done that if I was in her shoes. When she was crying in the shower, I actually got tears in my eyes. That was a really good scene.

The little model of the crime scene that Grissom was investigating was freaky, but cool at the same time. I loved it, and I can't wait to see what the model is going to lead to.

Overall, I think the episode was very good, and I can't wait for the second part!

Hiii. My best friend is over, so we shall both use my account to post... (don't kill me, moderators, it's not against the rules.)
Crys: OHMYGODOHMYFREEAAKING GOD.
My best friend and I are totally going emo for the next week in honor of Catherine
Abyss: complete emo bull sh*t!!!! we shall be emo for catherine. that one guy totally tricked her into turning around and poured a date rape drug in her drink. then!!!!, she stayed after she realized what happened!!! if it was me i would have gotton the hell out of there.
Crys: First thing I would have done was call Grissom. Then I would have called my daughter and made sure she was still alive. But this is Catherine we're talking about.
Abyss: nick is such a dick-head for leaving catherine there. {By the way, his dancing skills suck!!} Honestly, he has the intelligance and attention span of a wandering squirrel with a cinnamon pop-tart {which by the way are damn good} oh and btw the lack of Greg in this episode will be paid with the writers' lives.
Crysthala: And three letters.
Crysthala and Abyss: GSR. But no SuGGar. DARN IT.

==========
~Edited: To shorten over lettering that stretched screen~

Awesome epi, i can't wait for next week, Brass's tat was awesome too. I wish there would have been poor Greg tho *sheds a tears* Poor Kat. and that model was freaky, freaky. Hopefully more Greg next week,

My short recap:
The first 45 minutes bored me to tears. The scene at the Cirque de Soleil seemed way over-hyped. The Cirque show was brilliant. The case seemed very underwhelming.

The last 15 minutes had me extremely intrigued. Gil's fascination with the miniature crime scene was so cute. And....what more can I say about Cath? Marg ROCKS! JOhn Mayer was an added bonus. I've become addicted to that song.

Whoa, the ending made up 200% for an ep that I thought was just average in terms of premieres. I've been avoiding the spoilers all summer, so I was really surprised by it. It's just evil of them to make us wait until next week to find out what's up with the Catherine and the freak-show model house.

I was pleasantly surprised with the way they handled the GSR in this ep. I don't really ship any couple on CSI, but I was glad that they didn't blatantly ignore it, yet they also did not let it take over the show. And I thought Grissom was very sweet to get a veggie burger for Sara. One day a plant, the next day a veggie burger, that must be what love is. :lol:

I wonder if the future eps will let us in on what's going on with Warrick and Tina.

Also, I couldn't help but feel bad for David, the poor guy didn't have a very good day. :(

ETA:
And a quick FYI, Kevin Rahm, who played the surviving partner, Joe Hirschoff, also played the exotic foods chef Tony Collins on CSI:NY in the ep "Fare Game".

kaylyne said:
My short recap:
The first 45 minutes bored me to tears. The scene at the Cirque de Soleil seemed way over-hyped. The Cirque show was brilliant. The case seemed very underwhelming.

The last 15 minutes had me extremely intrigued. Gil's fascination with the miniature crime scene was so cute. And....what more can I say about Cath? Marg ROCKS! JOhn Mayer was an added bonus. I've become addicted to that song.

Yeah I know. What was up with that? I completely expected the Cirque case to be much more interesting. The other case as well. The most shocking part during the beginning was probably when David accidentally shot the gun. I wasn't really sucked in until Cath woke up in the room.

Poor David! I'm guessing the gunshot freaked him out so much that he messed up the bagging? But really, he should be able to do that stuff on autopilot. So what gives?

I had a feeling the motel scene would come either at the end or next week. I still don't know if I think she was raped or not...they could still fake us out and say she wasn't.

Overall, a pretty good ep. But I *need* more, I hate cliffhangers lol. I can't wait until next week!

blackened623 said:
Yeah...Interesting episode...very different though. For the most part I liked it, but some things just seemed weird. Like why did Nick and Catherine go dancing in the first place? And did Nick actually leave with that girl? I don't know if it's just me, but something seemed off. :confused:

I'm mastering the art of confusion! Catherine and Nick were talking about going dancing. Some how I don't think we would have seen that conversation 5 years ago. It was cool to see Nick and Catherine dancing and having a good time. Who says co-workers can't go dancing? Something wasn't right. Can't put my finger on it....but.

Yep, I do believe Nick left with that woman. That kinda had me tilting my head to the side. It was un-Nick like for him to leave with out saying good-bye to Catherine. Maybe from Nick's view point, Catherine looked fine. Then again....did Nick know that woman? Because they were dancing verycloseforbeingstrangers! Nick was looking quite yummy himself!

Was Greg in the show?!?! ;) I'm lucky I didn't blink or I would have missed him! Didn't he look yummy?

It wasn't too bad for a season premire. I'm still digesting it! Sensory overload!

Back