British Fans... Who would you cast in CSI: London?

Personally, I think the cast could include the following:

Christopher Eccleston
Robert Carlyle,
Alan Ford
Liz White
Tegan Summer
Mina Anwar.

That would make up a good diverse British cast with good acting credentials all the way around!

I also don't think there should be any issues with having an American recurring character or what not, as long as the main cast is British. Why should Americans be relegated to victims and criminals? Not all folks from the Latin Countries are criminals on CSI: Miami, for example. I think taking that kind of tack is rather hateful actually.

Hey now. Let's calm down here. There's no need for combat in this thread.

Hankster if you have a complaint to make, you'd be better off PM-ing me or Fay. As it is, not only have you been rude yourself, you've spotlighted something that I'm sure very few people even noticed. I know I didn't.

A PM is always the way to go folks.

Edited to Add: Thanks for adjusting your post, Hankster. I appreciate it.

Erm...why should British show have some American? :confused:

I think Brits could pull the show together with the British actors just as well.

Given how rarely Americans show up on British shows, other than as some sort of comic relief. Usually played by a British Actor doing a VERY BAD Southern US or Brookly Accent. I recall a Jon Pertwee Dr. Who episode and an Episode of Fawlty Towers that showed up like that.

On the other hand, since the CBC has jointly produced some shows with the BBC, we've seen Canadian and US characters show up on some of the more recent British Shows, like the new Dr. Who for example, that aren't necessarily parodies of their nationalities either. We also know that Jamie Bamber is a British actor that does a spot on American accent as Lee Adama on the new Battlestar Galactica. These days, actors are better at accents than decades ago.

Given the show would be set in London, ti would make sense to see mostly British characters. However, given what a Tourist Destination and an International City for Business and Politics London is, it would not make sense to not have some foreign characters show up from time to time. We see this all the time on CSI: Miami and NY. I'm actually surprised it hasn't happened more often in CSI: Las Vegas, all things considered.

^^ Quite right. CSI:NY had their English DNA girl. NCIS has its own Ducky ;) John Barrowman is great on Torchwood. I don't see why there shouldn't be an American character in there, or even an American actor putting on a British accent if they can do it well enough. If it *were* ever to happen (ignoring reality for a minute) CBS would almost certainly want to put an American character in in order to sell it to the Americans. :rolleyes:

Personally, I'm still rooting for CSI: Llanfair-P.G....

^The problem is that usually when americans try to do "british accent" they end up sounding aussies :lol:

Nyah, I like Brits just as themselves. Just Brits.
I see this as something that.... couldn't they just pull this on their own, not letting americans put their nose everywhere (well, CSI IS American brand and invention as a show, that should give them "right") But I hope you get my point. We don't need american film industry everywhere ;)

It's common for foreign characters to take on a stereotypical persona on shows, be they in America or elsewhere. It's not necessarily a good thing, but there you go. *shrug*

I expect on a show that takes place in London, there would be the occasional American (and people from elsewhere in the world, of course), but as for main cast, I'd hope for UK actors all the way. There are some amazing actors across the pond ( ;) ), as the suggestions in this thread so far have shown, so I'd see no reason to have an American with a British accent (since, like DaWacko pointed out, we generally suck at it :lol:). Besides, I don't know about you, but I don't need a big-name American to draw me in--the show should do it for me, but if there was a person on the show that would get me interested, there are a number of awesome actors that have been suggested in here that would get my attention. ;)

In any case, this thread has been fun so far, so let's keep it that way. :) If anybody has a problem in this thread or another in GenCSI, please do as Baba said and PM one of us. :D

LEAD CSI: Probably William Gaminera (Leo Dalton in Silent Witness)

LEADING LADY: Hermione Norris (liked her in Wire in the Blood, she's in spooks now)

CSI'S: Emilia Fox, Tom Ward, Iain Robertson,

Detectives: Andrew Lincoln, James D'Arcy, James Purefoy,

Lab Tech's: Holly Aird, Wil Johnson

There's a similar thread on the TrekBBS in the General Media forum, and I was about to post there, but I'll do it here instead.

Cast
Supervisor: Marsha Thomason
Detective: Anthony Stewart Head
Investigators: Chewitel Ejiofor; Marina Sirtis; Billy Boyd; and Keely Hawes
Coronor/Medical Examiner: John Rhys-Davies
Lab techs: Shauna Macdonald; James McAvoy; and Jennifer Ellison

Theme Song
Behind Blue Eyes or Emminence Front

I didn't say there HAD to be an American regular in the cast, just pointed out that I wouldn't object if there WAS one. Someone put that they didn't want to see Americans in the regular cast at all and implied that a British show was worse off with Americans in it. I disagree, and want to give my reasons, because as long as it's kept reasonable I think it's an interesting point of debate. I don't want anyone to take this the wrong way - I'm just trying to express my opinion in an adult and friendly manner :).

Faylinn said: There are some amazing actors across the pond ( ;) ), as the suggestions in this thread so far have shown, so I'd see no reason to have an American with a British accent (since, like DaWacko pointed out, we generally suck at it :lol:)
What about Renee Zellwegger in Bridget Jones? Everyone (here, at least) was horrified when they first heard she'd been cast but she really pulled it off. Again, wasn't saying there SHOULD be one, just that there was no reason there SHOULDN'T be if they were good enough :)

I don't know about you, but I don't need a big-name American to draw me in--the show should do it for me
Funnily enough, being British I don't need a big-name American to draw me into a TV show either ;) What I can picture is the CBS marketing people deciding that, to sell a largely British-set show to an American audience, they'd need an American. I know there have been British shows that have crossed the Atlantic intact, but others have undergone name changes (Spooks to MI-5) and remakes (The Office, not a favourite of mine but that's beside the point) to make them more accessible to the American market, so I can just see it happening. It's slightly irrelevant anyway as it will never actually happen, so I will be quiet now :D

What about Renee Zellwegger in Bridget Jones?
A very good example of someone who can pull off the accent. I think I was ruined forever with Josh Hartnett in "Blow Dry" though. :lol: Oh, it was horrid! :lol: (But Alan Rickman saved the movie for me :p) There are definitely some American actors who have done a very convincing job with the accent, but unless it was just a really brilliant pairing of actor and part, I think I'd prefer a British person in the role. ;)

Funnily enough, being British I don't need a big-name American to draw me into a TV show either ;)
Touché! :lol: I should have been more specific--as an American viewer, I don't need a big name American to draw me in. ;) That's what I meant the first time. :p

I don't really know all that many British actors other than the obvious ones from movies and whatnot. ;) I get the feeling, from the number of suggestions in this thread, that I'm missing out. :p

Although I didn't like the film "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" overly much, there were two actors in it that I quite like: Jason Flemyng and Tony Curran. They aren't big headliners by any means, but I think they're both pretty good actors. :)

I'm not British and I don't live in UK, but I actually want a female instead for the head of the department. Maybe someone really strong and steady. I just don't have a right person in mind.

Maybe actually... :) I'm liking it. Maybe someone like Marg Helenberger. Someone with that sort of quality and power would be really good. Maybe... Someone her age, I don't know. Nicole Kidman? I don't know why, but I see her as someone who can take on any role and maybe she could pull this off.

I also see Jennifer Garner in a CSI Level One role. Maybe we could have like an American on a UK show, like Peyton and Sofia. I miss her anyway ever since Alias finished and she's beautiful and an amazing actress. Why not?

Back