Brass/Sofia #1 - I've been thinking about you...

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Fabian, Nov 18, 2005.

1. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Just rewatch some Brass/Sofia episodes. The scene in I Like To Watch. The scenes in ABRT. Sofia's emotions in WTG. They're together ;)

2. Bev

Bev Pathologist

Can you link me to your first story? Please. :D

3. beaujolais

beaujolais Lab Technician

Sure, it's here: Playing the Hero

I forgot the one great Brass/Sofia moment this season. That he's a cop/she's a cop was the best!

4. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Hehe, yeah! And the pointing of the fingers at each other. I loved it :D

5. Bev

Bev Pathologist

Thanks for the link.

We used that picture on the new website for the Brass/Sofia section. I thought it was perfect!

6. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Okay, it has to be asked - who wants to suggest ideas about what Brass and Sofia were up to during Leaving Las Vegas?

ETA: There's not much Brass/Sofia fic out there, but they've become a fixture in my fic "Mysteria Lane". They arrive in chapter 30, but are mentioned earlier. It's GC, but there's plenty of Warrick, Sara, Greg and Nick there as well.

7. beaujolais

Um, they were playing "tie me up, tie me down" back at his place?

8. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Hehe. That sounds good to me. Definitely sounds like something they'd play.

Just a question - the deceased in the episode where last name Curtis, right? Interesting choice by TPTB, but apart from her mom, do we know anything else about Sofia's family?

9. beaujolais

Eh, Curtis is a fairly common last name however, given how TPTB completely forgot about Brass and Sofia in the episode, maybe they also forgot they have a detective with that last name.

In WtG, Sofia mentions her dad being in to Military history. When she says the part about touring in the RV, she says so I could learn things. If she had siblings, I'd have expected her to say we. That makes me think she's an only child.

10. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Hehe, that's quite possible. Oh yeah, I remember that thing about her dad and military history.

I wonder if Brass has ever met her mother?

11. beaujolais

Isn't her mother a Captain as well? I sort of got the impression that Sofia has always tried to please her mother so a meeting between Brass and her mother could be very interesting. I can easily see her mother not approving of Sofia dating an older guy.

12. Bev

Bev Pathologist

I noticed that the writers don't have a large vocabulary when it comes to last names on the show. They frequently re-use names over and over. I've caught it several times.

The Curtis one didn't surprise me at all.

Yeah, I think Sofia's mother is a captain too.

And Thank You, my TT, you just gave me an idea for a new B/S fic.

13. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

*dances* Oh yeah!

14. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I'm bumping this again, because I just adore this ship. It didn't grab me by the throat like the GC one did, but it's grown on me slowly until I find I really, really love it.

A lot of thoughts were that the Jim/Sofia relationship may have started in Season 6 - but what about that scene in Season 5 Formalities when he calls her Sofie? Could they have been together from there - would make for an interesting moment between them when she tells him she's coming back to detective work...

15. beaujolais

Yeah, I had to really hunt for this thread but it was worth it because Brass/Sofia has quickly become my favorite ship--even without Sofia's presence in S8.

They did seem to have a certain amount of flirtiness going on in S5 and maybe that set the stage but I don't think she really gave him a serious thought until S6.

Hmm, never thought of that. Wasn't she supposed to be going to Boulder City? Maybe he was the one who talked her into coming back to or staying in Vegas?