Brass/Sofia #1 - I've been thinking about you...

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Fabian, Nov 18, 2005.

1. gloosmoos

gloosmoos Prime Suspect

Yay! I'm happy to see this thread. I always thought they had some good chemistry going back to the episode where she told him about how she rode facing her boyfriend on a motorcycle and Brass said something about the backseat being more comfortable. They just always seemed to get along well and Brass is definitely looking out for her. It was nice to see her looking out for him in ABRTI2.

As for names, there's always Soss.

2. GraveyardIntern

GraveyardIntern Pathologist

I knew this thread would be here by the end of ABRTI II. Great Brass/Sofia interactions in the episode. I think they have a good chance at some sort of a relationship since they're both cops and of course...Brass has been thinking about her :lol:

They were so nice to each other and so caring. It felt like they were really trying to pull through it together and that was really sweet. It's a very professional friendship, that they have but I saw sparks flying. ;) :lol:

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Frankly, the shipper term Sass has already been taken by those of us who are Brass and Sara shippers. This is still my favorite combination, but my beloved Brass needs a woman in his life, so maybe Sofia might be a good choice if the TPTB finally get around to getting Grissom and Sara together.

4. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

Don't worry, bcejan12, I've already pointed that fact out - we won't have two ships with the same name, not to fear.

Speaking of which, has anyone had an idea for a potential ship name yet? - not that there's a hurry of course...

5. brassfan24

brassfan24 Pathologist

I like the idea of this ship. Although I've always wanted Jim with Catherine. But after Bullet, I can definately see something happening between Brass and Sofia. He was so sweet to her. And she was nice enough to offer to stay with him at the wake, when all the other cops were treating him like he was a leper. Hope they have more Brass/Sofia scenes on the show.

6. gloosmoos

gloosmoos Prime Suspect

I was watching ABRTI2 again today and noticed some interesting dialog between Brass and Sophia. It takes place after her meeting with IA is over. She comes into Brass' office where he's playing with his badge:

Brass: Wanna ride?
    Sophia: No, I'm just gonna go home.
    Brass: You sure?
    Sophia nods.

Um, where else would Jim be offering her a ride to if not home? His place? Hmmm.

7. Athena

Athena CSI Level One

Ooo I think this pair! What's the name?

...how about Cuff'em since they are both detectives?

8. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

Bumping this up because someone was looking for it :)

9. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Well, after the button-snapping incident, I would say that they're quite comfortable together.

And her car story from Season 5.

Does this ship have a name?

Brofia sounds hilarious, but not really practical...

Crass? Curtis and Brass?

No, somehow that doesn't spell "romance" to me.

This is a hard one.

10. beaujolais

beaujolais Lab Technician

The more I see them together, the more I see the chemistry they've got going. Especially after that little moment between them in I Like to Watch. That look Sofia gave him was full of shippiness. Heck, even my brother-in-law caught it. His words: "Man, someone needs to turn the hose on Jimbo and Sofia. Those two are in heat."

11. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

I think Cuff'em is cute :D Or how about Cop Love?

I just saw ABRTI1 last night and the scenes between these two were really cute. One part had me a little stumped though...

BRASS: You want a ride?

SOFIA: No. I'm just going to go home.

Where else would Brass be offering to take Sofia other than home? Was he suggesting he 'take her away from all this' with a long drive or something? If so, how did Sofia know that's what he meant without him saying it? These two must be on the same wave length :)

Please note that I am taking the high road by ignoring the other (somewhat naughtier) translation of Brass's question ;) :devil:

12. beaujolais

beaujolais Lab Technician

You know, I had the same stumped reaction when I heard that little bit of dialog too. It's almost like the writer's left something out.

And given Sofia's comment to Brass last season about motorcycles, your naughtier translation might not be out of line.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

i always thought Brass was a fatherly figure to Sofia but after the "button popping scne" i could definitely see the attraction between the two. the smile and the look they shared was so... AWWWWWW...

i love Cuff'em. sounds very cute. ^^

14. brassfan24

brassfan24 Pathologist

I'm a multi-shipper when it comes to Jimmy. My three favorite ladies for him are Catherine, Annie and Sofia. So I could see this ship working. And that scene in I Like to Watch between Jimmy and Sofia was one of my favorite scenes in the show. But then again any scene that Jimmy was in was my favorite. :D

15. Fabian

Fabian Pathologist

I loved the blouse scene as well.
    Brass was totally using the suspect as an excuse for him to see some of her cleavage. ;)