Borderline of Death (Sara/Grissom)

I was bored last night so I wrote this chapter. I love the song that is mentioned, it's an amazing song.

---------------------------------

Chapter Six.

Sara got up from the couch and went to her bedroom. She put the diary on the night stand beside her bed, then sat down on the bed. Her expression showed that she was depressed, but with slight rage. She wasn't sure what to do.

All of her anger, stress, depression could end so easily, along with the few happy moments. The depression overthrew the happiness.

Sara got up from the bed and went back to the living room. She looked at where Grissom had been sitting and sighed. He had kissed her, and he had left her.

Sara decided to put on a CD. She played the song Missing by Evanescence and sang along with it. "Please, please forgive me, but I won't be home again. Maybe someday you'll look up, and barely conscious you'll say to no one, isn't something missing?" She sang. Now she was in tears, but she continued, "You won't cry for my absence I know. You forgot me long ago. Am I that unimportant, am I so insignificant?" Then she stopped singing. She was sobbing too much to keep singing.

Sara sat on the couch and sobbed on her knees. After crying a bit, the song had almost finished, Sara decided to start singing again, "And if I bleed, I'll bleed, knowing you don't care. And if I sleep, just to dream of you, and wake without you there." Sara sang, she was still crying, but she still sang. "Isn't something missing, isn't something... even though I'm the sacrifice, you won't try for me no now, though I'd die to know you love me, I'm all alone. Isn't something missing, isn't someone missing me?" Sara wiped away the tears as she finished singing the song.

Sara Sidle was about to kill herself.

She got up from the couch and turned off the CD player. Sara then went to the bathroom, and took out a razor blade from the drawer. Then someone knocked at her apartment door.

"Sara!" Grissom yelled. Before he got to the lab, he had realized what Sara might do. He had to save her.

Sara ignored his voice, she took a deep breath and sliced the skin on her wrist once.

Grissom opened Sara's apartment door quickly, luckily she left it unlocked. He ran to the bathroom and saw Sara with a razor in her hand. Gil grabbed the blade out of her hand.

"Grissom, it's my life, my will!" Sara yelled. Tears fell from her eyes. She tried to get the razor back, but Gil tossed it behind him into the living room. Sara then tried to get past Grissom to get it, but Gil caught her in his arms and hugged her tightly.

"No Sara," Gil said firmly. Sara struggled to get free.

"Gil, let me go!" Sara yelled.

"No Sara." Gil repeated. Sara fell to her knees, Gil went down with her, and Sara bawled her eyes out into his shoulder. Gil just hugged her tightly and kept her close to him.

Chapter Seven.

Sara was still on the ground, sobbing on Grissom's shoulder. Gil was holding her, as if he'd never let go. He didn't care that blood from Sara's cut was dripping onto his shoulder. As long as Sara was alive, he didn't care about anything else.

"Why... aren't you... at the lab?" Sara asked in between sobs.

"I didn't want to leave you." Gil answered.

"You already did leave me." Sara said.

"I know, but I came back." Gil said. Sara decided not to argue about it anymore. She had stopped sobbing, but tears still ran down her cheeks. Grissom rocked her back and forth, hoping it would calm her down.

"Grissom?" Sara asked.

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry." Sara said quietly. She regretted attempting to kill herself. Grissom smiled.

With the help of Gil Grissom, again, Sara Sidle cheated death.

A while later, Sara stopped crying. She thought about her Father's death, she thought about the fact that she didn't know where her Mother was or what happened to her. She thought about where her brother could be right now.

"Why am I like this?" She finally asked. "Why do I keep trying to kill myself?"

"You've done this more than once?" Gil asked. He moved so he could see Sara's eyes. Sara stared back at him, and realized that she never told him about her other suicide attempts.

"Yes." Sara answered quietly.

"Why?" Gil asked. He realized after he said it how stupid the question was.

"I couldn't take it anymore." Sara answered, her voice was still quiet.

"Sara, I want you to promise me that you won't try to kill yourself, ever again." Gil said.

"I can't do that," Sara replied.

"Please Sara." Gil pleaded.

"I can't."

"Sara-"

"I can't!" Sara said, a bit louder this time. "I can promise that I won't kill myself for now, but I don't know what will happen in the future." Sara explained.

Grissom paused before answering, "okay."

Sara hugged Gil closer and rested her head on his shoulder. Grissom didn't like that Sara wouldn't promise that she would never commit suicide, but he didn't want to argue with her. He would just have to settle with the promise he got, for now, that was okay.

---

Both of them had stayed quiet for the ten minutes that passed. Then Sara decided to break the silence.

"I'm a bit hungry." Sara said. They both laughed.

"What would you like to eat?" Gil asked her. "I'll make it for you."

"I don't know, what are you willing to make?" Sara asked. She turned her head so she could see Gil's face.

"Pancakes." Grissom said.

"Pancakes? At nine o'clock?" Sara asked.

"Sure, why not?" Gil replied.

"I was thinking of... ice cream." Sara said.

"Okay, I'll get out some ice cream." Gil said. Sara went to her bedroom and put on some clean clothes. Gil put the razor that he tossed into the living room away, then he got out some ice cream and put it into two bowls. Sara came out of her bedroom. She put her arms around Gil's waist.

"I'm glad you're here," she said to him.

"I'm glad I'm here with you," Gil said back to her.

AWWWWW no more chapters yet.. dont make me follow suit with mel23 and get out the pitchfork.... Sarasulivan and steve jobs you guys seem to be good friends... i noticed that on the one fic i read where u take turns writing.. you both have good talent.. keep up the good work

Back