Bones *Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bones

I'm just in the middle of rewatching the finale. When it was on yesterday I was over at a friend's house and I think I spent more time talking with her and her mom than actually watching. The parts I actually did pay attention to were good though. Can't wait for next season!

I just saw the finale. Loved it. It was heartbreaking to see Brennan cry like that, and I was bouncing off the walls with glee when Booth moved in to hug her. Great cliffhanger episode, I can't wait for next season! :D

I was too although I wish the hug had lasted longer.

Now we need bigger, better, more intense comforting... :devil:

i am so mad i missed the finale!! i read what was going to happen and was looking forward to it. but i went out on wednesday and forgot to set a tape :(
remember the epidsode a few weeks back where the guy in the funeral home was selling body parts from dead people? well that happened in ontario!! my uncle was telling us about it last night, some guys were getting bones out of dead people and were faking the medical histories and selling them to tissue banks. three of my uncles patients got bones from this place, but luckily when they were tested they didnt contract any diseases. i didnt think that story line would ever happen, i didnt think it was possible for someone to pull that off. i guess people surprise you sometimes :lol:

GAH! Tell me ! Somebody! What happened?! I totally missed it. There was a hug? Man, I wish I watched. I can't wait til next season. My second favourite ship on TV (next to GSR) :)

Brennan iID'd her mother's body and she and Booth looked into it. She found out her parents were bank robbers and her and her brother's names weren't real. Booth hugged her when she broke down crying. They may have found who killed her mother but her father called pleading with her to stop looking for him.

Thanks so much, Mel!
That is a seriously harsh finale.. poor Brennan... I guess it's good that the mystery around her parents was solved, but MAN. That's rough. Did we find out her real name? I'm sad that I missed the hug...

Joy, but I'm not positive on the last name. And only part of the mystery's solved, that's the cliffhanger for next season, finding her father and learing more of the truth.

woah dude... Daddy's still alive? Didn't see that coming. And I'm sorry, but Temperance is definitely a better name than Joy :)

It was a really rough and tough ep. I don't have it recorded anymore, but I can give a basic run down from what I remember... and remeber, I'm doing this from memory, from something I watched ONCE all the way through... so please don't get mad if something seems out of order or incomplete:

TOO MANY SPOILERS FOR SPOILER BOX
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!

Bones and Booth have a court date, but she keeps trying to work, to the point where he's pulling her lab coat off her and putting her suit jacket on her as she's trying to analyze this scull they just got in. Ang is going to try to make a face for this person.

Booth and Brennan get downstairs where David (internet boyfriend guy) has stopped by to see her. I missed this part, but he mentions he liked Bones' book, and says something that makes her rush back upstairs, like she forgot something. Booth is a bit unsettled that the boyfriend would get to read the book when he hasn't gotten to.

Upstairs, Bones sees the face that Ang has put together, and freaks out. She asks for the case number and rushes off. Booth comes upstairs to ask where Bones is. Ang says she flipped out, and shows Bones the image. Booth picks up his phone, calls the court, and tells them to take Brennan off the witness list. She can't make it to court.

Ang asks what's so big about this, and Booth tells her that they just found the remains of Christine Brennan, Bones' mom.

Bones is in her office, looking at a belt buckle in the shape of a dolphin. Her mind flashes back to when she saw her mother wearing it. Booth comes in to check on her, and she relates a time she borrowed the belt buckle without asking. A few other things were in the bag, including a marble. Bones stares at it.

Zack walks in, file in hand. Bones asks for the details on the body. They found it in a shallow grave at the end of the cemetary, unmarked, and sent it to the Jeffersonian for analysis. The bones got there in 1998.. the same year Bones came to work there. The black guy (Daniel?) comes in and says they've found someone to take Bones home.

Booth "Temperance." She looks at him. "Go Home."

OPENING CREDITS.

We come back from the opening credits with Bones looking through an old photo box. She focuses on one of her and her big brother, Russ, when they were little. He holds her in his arms, smiling. The picture comes alive as the two rip into Christmas presents. She picks up another, looking at it. It's her and her brother in a picnic setting, in their teens. They both smile. The picture comes alive as she and her brother laugh and tickle each other, her father and mother smiling as well.

A knock at the door shakes her, and she finds Booth standing there, claiming he saw her lights from the street, offering Chinese food. They sit down together and talk. He talks about how when she first gave him her mother's missing person's file, he tried to work on it. Even contacted her brother, Russ, who was on parole after being caught running a chop shop. She's surprised he worked on the case, even more surprised he talked to Russ.

Booth says that now that they found her mother's bones, he can actually open a case and get to the bottom of it. He even found her mother's car, which had been impounded years earlier. Booth takes off for the night.

The next day, the boys in the lab have been analyzing the soil and the bones. Jack states that the bones were there at least five years. Zack concurs, saying that the soil samples also reflected about five years. That distresses Bones, whose mother dissapeared back in 1991, not 1993 as they seem to be implying. They say they might be off, and won't know until later.

Booth shows up, telling the boys he needs the space.

Zack "What the whole lab?"
Jack "That's cop for get lost"

The boys take off, and Booth reveals to Bones that when he did the initial search on her parents, he only went back a few years. However, after going back even further, he found out that Christine and (Dad's name) Brennan did not exist until 1978... she was born in 1976, and this perplexes her. They realize that her parents were living under assumed identities. They were not who she thought they were.

Booth tracks Russ, Bones' brother down to a carnival where he is working. He walks up to him, where Russ stands repairing a ferris wheel. Booth asks if he is licensed for tht type of work, and Russ immediately identifies him as a cop.

Booth "You know who can identify cops?"
Russ "Other cops?"
Booth "And criminals."

The two talk. Russ asks if Booth is going to ask him anything more about his childhood, and Booth asks if Russ remembers being anyone other than "Russ Brennan." He says no, and when Booth doesn't believe him, shrugs it off.

"Cops always think I'm lying."

Booth lets Russ know that they found his mother, that Bones did the identification. Russ doesn't want to go with Booth to D.C., but Booth threatens to have his parole revoked because he was working without a license... He leaves his card sticking in the gate around the ferris wheel. After commenting that he didn't think it was going to work, Booth watches in amazement as Russ cranks up the machine and it goes. Booth tells Russ he will see him soon. Russ watches him go, then takes the card in his hand, looking at it.

Jack calls Ang over. He has a huge problem. Ang wants to know what it is. Among the evidence collected from the area surrounding the body was a small piece of paper. After magnifying it, he sees that it's a ticket stub for "The Fugitive."

Jack "If Bones' mother dissapeared in 1991 what was she doing watching Harrison Ford flicks in 1993?"

The two debate whether to share their new information with Bones, and decide they need to. She's aghast, claiming that they have it wrong. They also discover that Bones' mother died apparently from a blow to the head, but they can't figure out how... there are no exterior marks on the bones, only the signs of hemmoraghing on the inside. As they talk it over, Booth shows up, Russ in tow. Bones stares in disbelief. She tells Booth she doesn't want to talk to Russ, and takes off. Booth tells Zack to keep an eye on Russ, and that if he moves, to shoot him with a tranquilizer gun. Zack protests that he doesn't have one.

Booth and Bones talk as she updates him on the situation with her mother's bones. He tells her to at least try talking to Russ.

Bones walks into her office, and the marble from the evidence bag earlier is in his hands. He recalls loving marbles, and that this was his favorite one. He wonders why his mom had it on her at the time she died. He asks if he can keep it, but Bones says it's evidence and she can't bend the rules. She's livid. She still feels like he abandoned her. He mentions that he's tried to call her every birthday, but she's been too busy to talk to him.. Booth comes in, talks to them, and the story goes on. They have the car.

I BELIEVE this is where they find out there was blood in the car. It is analyzed, and reveals that there are two different sources of blood in the car. One was their mother, the other was an unknown, unrelated to either Russ or Bones.

Bones and Russ then go look at the car, noticing that, strangely, their school name has been rubbed off of a bumper sticker. The guys in this lab search through the car, trying to find evidence. Booth walks in, file on hand. He says he needs the room, and the boys clear out.

Bones "Twice in two days?"

Booth decided to search the databases for couples that went missing in 1978, and found one in the criminal database, a Max and Ruth Keenan. Bones is, once again, confused and angry. She holds up a picture of her and her brother.

Bones "You were 7, old enough to remember. What is my real name?"
Booth "Bones, it's right here in the file."
Bones "No, I want him to tell me."

She stares at him, waiting for an answer.

Russ "My name was Kyle. Your name was Joy."

She stares at him, pissed. She slaps him across the face.

"You are NOT my brother."

After the commercial break, Ang and Bones talk.

"At least you got to hit Russ, you've been wanting to do that for years!"

Bones smiles, then remmebers just how cool her brother was back in high school. She was neither pretty or cool, so being his little sister meant a lot. Sometimes she'd be sitting in class, and she'd hear "Marco" out the window outside her class. It was Russ, checking in on her.

Ang "Did you, Polo?"
Bones "Sometimes it'd be the only word I said all day, polo. I miss that. I miss someone caring where I am all the time."

Booth "BONES!"

Below her, Booth screams up, trying to get her attention. He got ahold of the person who handled her parents' case.

Russ, Bones and Booth sit together, talking to a woman who took care of cases in those days. She recounts the tale of a strong-armed group of robbers from the 70's.

Woman "I'm sorry. Am I to understand I'm speaking with the children of one of these robbers?"
Booth "Max and Ruth Keenan's kids."

The woman nods. "Max and Ruth. They never really belonged in that crowd."

The woman explains that Max and Ruth worked clean, carefully. They specialized in safety deposit boxes. In 1978, their type of crime stopped, so it was assumed that the crew had killed them for their cut. It was never known just how much was brought in by these guys because a lot of people didn't report what was stolen out of their safety deposit boxes for privacy reasons.

Booth and Bones sit in her apartment again, eating Chinese. They talk, and Booth asks when he can read the book she wrote. She says when it's published. He mentions his parents, and she gets a bit testy, countering that his weren't bank robbers. He excuses himself, leaving her.

Bones can't sleep, so she goes to the lab where she finds Zack, still working on trying to figure out what killed her mother. They have an idea, and magnify the image, finding disturbed areas on the scull. It turns out that, rather than taking the full force of the weapon, her mother was grazed, as if someone pulled her away... but the damage was already done. The impact was enough to cause a small problem with bleeding in her brain that got bigger and eventually killed her.

Ang is assigned to Russ, to see if he can talk to her about what happened. Ang says that Bones is her best friend, so she believes Bones when she says that Russ isn't the greatest guy. Russ says that Bones doesn't understand that he was keeping a promise.

We flash back to 7 year old Russ sitting on a swing, his father talking to him, his mother holding 2 year old Bones in her arms. Russ says that his father said Kyle Keenan didn't exist anymore, to forget about him. His name was Russ Brennan. He made him repeat it over and over again, telling him that if he ever told anyone, the police, people at school, anyone, he would be killing his mother and little sister.

Back in the now, Ang asks him if he remembers anyone at that time who scared him.... he does. There was a guy, a guy who his father said, if he saw him, to grab his sister and run.

Booth, Bones, etc, talk about the case, and how the only person who knows what really went down is the guy who squealed on the rest of the crew back in the 70's, but he's in witness protection.

They wonder whose blood it is, and with the addition of the drawing Ang made of the guy Russ talked about, they think they have enough to get the information they need to meet the guy and talk to him. Zack has also worked on that image and it looks like it might be the tail end of a tire iron that killed her mom, but it's just a bit small... they'd need to match it to something.

Bones and Booth start to leave to meet the guy, but Bones first turns back to her team, thanking them.

Bones and Booth pull up to a pig farm, where a man stands next to his pigs. Booth pulls his gun, and has Bones frisk him. Booth lets him know that he knows who he is... Vince McVicker, the guy who squealed on his buddies... Bones finds a gun in a holster. Booth tells him to check her ankle, where she finds another.

Booth "I'm always right."

The man says that if Booth wants to talk to Vince McVicker, he has to go through the government. Booth says if he does that he'll have to tell them how Vince is violating his agreement with them by carrying two concealed weapons.

Bones "Three! 22 in the small of his back."
Booth "See, I'm always right."
Bones "No you arent'."

She stands next to him, the 22 pointed at Vince.

Booth "Yes I am. Bones, will you put the gun down?"

Bones stuffs the gun in her pocket. Vince asks what this is all about.

Bones "I'm Ruth Keenan's daughter."
Vince "Joy? You're Joy Keenan? Yeah, I can see that."

Bones is visibly uncomfortable.

They go to the barn, where Bones asks why his blood was in her mother's car. He says he got hurt, and shows them a scar on his head. He claims that Ruth and he were madly in love and were going to run away together. He says Max found out, and took her out, then injured him. Vince says he was out like a light, and when he came to, Ruth was gone, so was Max.

Bones doesn't believe him, and the guy just walks away. Bones starts to cry. "My name is Doctor Temperance Brennan. I find out who people are when nobody knows who they are. My father was a science teacher, my mother was a book keeper. My brother... I have a brother. My name is Temperance Brennan..."

The tears pour down as she recites her mantra. Booth moves beside her.

Booth "I know who you are. Hey." She reaches for him, and he pulls her into his arms, holding her. "It's going to be ok."

Fade to commercial...

We come back, and Russ, Bones and Booth are chatting about the case. Russ seems to think that the guy might've been telling the truth, but he doesn't want to believe it anymore than the other. Booth has his own theory, and Bones is open to listening to it. He thinks that, since Vince was known for bashing heads in back in the day, he did away with her mother... and the reason that the name of the school was scratched off the bumper sticker was because their parents were trying to protect them. Booth seems to think that the guy just MIGHT have a weapon in his care that'll match the one that killed her mother.

Booth leaves Russ and Bones, and the two argue. Bones argues that she was 15 when her brother took off on her, and he argues back that he was only 19, and she was blaming him for everything, and everyone told him she'd be better off in foster care, so he listened. He then reminds her that he tried to call her every year on her birthday, and it's her fault they're so much at odds with each other. He takes off and leaves D.C.

The team bustles around the lab, so many weapons all around them... They look at tire irons (but none are the right size), and hammers... nothing is right. Bones looks at the image Zack made again and thinks that Vince liked to kill the same way every time. He asks Booth what Vince's background was, and he was raised on a pig farm.

Bones "How do you kill a pig?"

On the farm, Bones holds a weapon in her hand. Vince has insisted on being there, which makes Booth think that the guy in nervous. She checks out the weapon, and though they may not be able to match it, she's content that this guy is it. Vince asks for a word alone with her, and Booth says absolutely not, protecting her. Bones says it'll be fine, and Booth threatens that if Vince hurts her, it'll be bad for him.

Booth watches on as Bones and Vince walk away. Vince tries to coerce her, telling her that if she helps him, he'll tell her all. She says no. He gets angry. She tells him she figured out what happened to her mother, she'll figure out what happened to her father. He yells that she'll never find out what happened to her father.

On the way back to whereever, Booth lets Bones drive. She asks why, and he tries to get her to let him see the book again. She tells him no. He asks where they're going, and she says to make up lost time.

They arrive at the ferris wheel where we first saw Russ. As they approach, and the brother and sister lock eyes, Booth remarks that he's going to get a soda. He doesn't, he just leans, a little far away, watching them. Russ walks up, meeting his sister. They talk, and she apologizes for her behaviour. She offers him the marble from earlier, and he takes it. He looks at her. Bones asks him to come back to D.C. and stay at her place for a few days so they can catch up.

Russ "Marco"
Bones "Polo"

The two hug while Booth looks on, smiling.

Back at Bones' the three walk in. Bones offers them a beer, and Booth declines because he has to go see the woman he's dating... until he sees a copy of her book sitting on the counter. He asks for a beer, and as she reaches for it, he tells Russ that his girl's kids are nice, but he really is saying "nice" to what he sees under the title page.

"Dedicated to my Partner and Friend Detective Seeley Booth" He puts the page back down before Bones gets back over with the beers. The three hold up their beers.

Booth "To us"
Russ "Whoever we are"
Bones "To who we're becoming."

The three clink bottles and sip. Bones hits her "new message" button on the machine. A voice fills the room that makes Russ and Bones freeze. "Temperance, you have to stop looking for me right now."

As the message wraps up, Booth asks who that was.

Bones "That was my father"

End of Episode.

I hope that helps.

AL you're my f*cking hero and I f*cking love you. Thank you SO MUCH! Also, I added you to my MSN. :)

to the point where he's pulling her lab coat off her
Sounding VERY GOOD so far....;)

David (internet boyfriend guy) has stopped by to see her.
Cute as he may be? He needs to BACK OFF BOOTH'S WOMAN!

She's livid. She still feels like he abandoned her.
Does it go into their back story dynamics at all, besides the fact that he's a criminal?? This could be totally an interesting angle in seasons to come...

Booth leaves Russ and Bones, and the two argue. Bones argues that she was 15 when her brother took off on her, and he argues back that he was only 19, and she was blaming him for everything, and everyone told him she'd be better off in foster care, so he listened.
annnnd, never mind ;)

Booth declines because he has to go see the woman he's dating...
I don't remember Booth dating some woman! Who is she? Why be she stealing Bones' man?!

Anyway, thank you a million times again, AL.. that was the best recap ever. TWoP should give you a job! *hugs*
xoxo

Thanks ziggy and keich! And HAPPY Birthday keich!

Edit: Ya know, I rather enjoyed making this recap. Back in the days of Voyager, there was a guy named Jim Wright. He made the most HILARIOUS recaps. I'd love to do something like that if I ever got ahold of all the eps from season 1! :) I mean, I really had fun doing this one, and can't believe I did it from memory! Maybe something like that would be appreciated in the Bones community where you can't even find decent clips!

Thanks, Alyssa! :D Loved Voyager, by the way. :D

Hey, what did you guys think of the first season? Do you think this show will last long? And what do you expect for the next season?

Just to get some discussion going. :D

I thought the first season is okay. There were some boring episodes in the middle, though. But I think this show has potential. As for next season, I hope to see some character development from Zack. Of all the characters, I think he's the only one who hasn't been focused on.

I like Zack as well, but.. I'm not such a fan of the curly headed one whose name I can never remember. He just rubs me the wrong reason for some way. Also, I really like Angela and though he's quite cute in his courting of her, I can't say I'm a fan of that ship. Hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back