Bones #2: The Jeffersonian Breakroom

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Hrockz, Aug 12, 2008.

?

New thread name

Poll closed Aug 19, 2008.
  1. Bones #2 *spoilers*: The FBI Agent and his Bones

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  2. Bones #2 *spoilers*: The Forensic Anthropologist and her FBI Agent

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Bones #2 *spoilers*: B&B, Center of the Squint Squad

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  4. Bones #2 *spoilers*: He Thinks She's Better Than Smurfette

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  5. Bones #2 *spoilers*: They'd Always Have Coffee

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  6. Bones #2 *spoilers*: It's More Than A Guy Hug

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  7. Bones #2 *spoilers*: Thanks For The Gum!

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  8. Bones #2 *spoilers*: Dem Bones, Dem Bones, Dem Cute Bones

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Bones #2 *spoilers*: The Return of Skeleton Girl

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  10. Bones #2 *spoilers*: The foot bone is connected to the leg bone

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  11. Bones #2 *spoilers*: The Jeffersonian breakroom

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

Re: Bones #2: The Jeffersonian Breakroom *spoilers*

I, too, have come to enjoy Cam (now that she's no longer sleeping with Booth). Tamara Taylor knows how to use body language as well as words to convey dialogue.
    Sweets is another thing. I can't stand him. Zach was a genius and knew it, but his lack of confidence in dealing with others was endearing. Sweets is just plain arrogant. He thinks he understands everyone's motivations because he's so-o-o much smarter than they are. And you can tell that he's listening politely when others speak, but finds little value in anyone else's opinions. I wanted so much for him to be "the apprentice." Maybe there's still hope...

Ooh, just found this at zap2it.com; you'll need to scroll down past the first few entries:
    Now I'm more certain than ever that Sweets is evil! http://blog.zap2it.com/korbitv/2008/08/quick-tv-fix.html

My new mantra: Sweets is evil! Sweets is evil! Sweets is evil!

Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
  2. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

Exactly! Like in the last episode when he was saying "excuse me? professional psychologist?" I wanted to slap him! I think Angela knew how to handle her best friend! :rolleyes:

I just wish he would go away...he makes me so damn frustrated! :scream:

Hey, wondering what time the premiere would be West Coast time?

3. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Yeah, I agree with you.
    I think tptb made a big mistake making Zack "the apprentice", he had great chemistry with all the other characters, it was really funny to see him being socially awkward with Brennan or making crazy experiments with Hodgins. He was a genious but so socially awkward that you have to like him. But Sweets is just arrogant and paid of himself, I'd rather prefer him to have been "the apprentice" and that would have made sense as he just showed up when all the Gormogon thing began.
    If they needed a psychiatrist I'd rather prefered doctor Wyatt, Stephen Fry was hilarious.
    The problem is that there's no way back, there's no way people "forget" Zack killed a man, it doesn't matter what he does to redeem himself.

4. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

Agree about Stephen Fry. He's great!!! And so funny. He was hilarious as Hugh Lauries other half in "Jeeves and Wooster" Why did they ever let him leave in the first place?
    Re Zack: if Sweets is as evil as I think he is, maybe he hypnotized Zack and planted false memories. I'm reaching here; can I get some help? :lol:
    I want my Zack back!!!

Sweets is evil! Sweets is evil! Sweets is evil!

Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
  5. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

Aaaww...*pats you on the back* I miss him already and the season hasn't even started! I totally wish what you are saying would come true. I just can't see Zach doing anything like murdering someone! Just doesn't make any sense.

I can't see Sweets murdering any one either but...somehow he is involved I just know it!

6. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

You know, I don't mind Sweets. I think he brings out the "funny team" in Booth and Brennan, so that's always good for a laugh. Yeah, he's made some mistakes but he's young- I'm sure that was supposed to be part of his character for a reason. I don't think we need any more "evil" colleagues though. That would feel like they were jumping the shark already.

7. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Yeh I totally agree with you Baby O Reilly. I think he was supposed to make mistakes. I think he's actually a really well written character. I think they should stay away from 'evil' colleagues for a good while.

I like how B&B act with Sweets too.

8. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

You like Sweets? He seems so Machiavellian, for some reason (haven't figured it out yet). There's just something so wrong about him. I think he's got an agenda we're not even aware of yet. Brrr! And because it bothers you, instead of posting it, I'll just chant my mantra softly to myself, each time I think about him and whenever he's on screen. :lol:

9. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

No no- mantra and complain away. You're allowed to not like characters here! We're an easy going bunch. :)

Funny you should say Machiavellian- I think deep down Sweets wants to be that way (because of the high IQ/child prodigy thing) but really, he just wants to fit in with the "cool crowd" i.e. Booth and (believe it or not) Brennan. She may not seem cool in the commonly accepted way, but I think that, even though Sweets is counselling them to improve their working relationship, he really just wants to fit in with them- that's his youth coming out, high IQ or not. Anyway, I love watching him try to be both young (and "hip") and also a professional. It doesn't come as naturally to him as it does to someone like, say, Booth, and I'm guessing he secretly envies that.

10. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

From zap2tv:
    ^^So Sweets not only thought Hodgins was "the apprentice" that now has to ruin his engagement with Angela. :scream:
    I'm very upset, I like Hodgins and Angela together, why Angela has to take advice from that *censored*? :(

11. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

I totally agree. That's a very accurate analysis of Sweets' character, he tries so hard to fit in with B&B, but B&B always make fun of him, well at times they're nice to him, like how you would treat a younger brother. Well that's how I still treat mine, and he's about Sweets' age.

I'm neutral about Sweets, I like him cos of his interaction with B&B but I prefer Gordon Gordon Wyatt, if I had to choose.

A very accurate analysis of Booth's character too. Like the rest of the team said, Booth is that guy.

I still stand by my opinion, that the reason for all this Hodgela drama is to attempt to take the sexual tension off B&B, who aren't getting together yet.

Here's the link to the bridge scene between B&B for the season premiere.
    Bridge Scene

Has Bren caught up to ther own reality?She knows if she slept with the English guy, Booth would be upset. To deduce something like that she has to suspect or know that Booth has feelings for her.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2008
  12. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I suppose, if Hodgins and Angela get together in the end, I can bear a little bit more of the drama...I guess we waited long enough for it to begin with, what's a little longer?

This season premiere looks really interesting.

I guess the reason they made Zack the apprentice (and don't get me wrong, I'm not happy with their choice), was that they knew people would expect it to be someone like Sweets, because he's new, people don't trust him, etc etc. By picking Zack, they completely had people surprised - sometimes that's a rare thing to happen in writing.

I mean come on, if they hadn't made it him, it's certainly not something anyone would have expected. Also, did Eric want to leave the show to concentrate more on his theatre career?

Either way, I just had to pop in and say that I loved Emily getting up there and singing in the second last episode. She was awesome. So much fun.

13. Annika

Annika Prime Suspect

I don't think he is arrogant , just young . He might have all his degrees but he lacks the mental maturity to be a really good psychiatrist. He has yet to find a way to aply his knowledge in the real world . It's all still a lot of guesswork without a real strategy.

14. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

I don't like Sweets, either. I agree, there's something wrong with him/about him. I think he's arrogant, annoying and twisted in some way. The little "experiment" where he didn't tell Brennan that Booth was not dead and his overall attitude when he first came on really annoy me. I don't know if it's the Child Prodigy thing, and the fact that he seems to not have much "Real World" experience, or what.

They should have made HIM Gormagon's apprentice, and brought Gordon Gordon back. Now he was fun. I really like the way he worked with Booth after the Clown-shooting incident.

15. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

I think Sweets is trying to fit in and not sure how to act. I agree with Baba O reilly's description of him.

I'm not sure whether he has an agenda, or whether he is secretly using them all as an experiment, like he did with B&B. I'm not sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.