• Bones #2 *spoilers*: B&B, Center of the Squint Squad

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Bones #2 *spoilers*: He Thinks She's Better Than Smurfette

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Bones #2 *spoilers*: They'd Always Have Coffee

• Bones #2 *spoilers*: It's More Than A Guy Hug

• Bones #2 *spoilers*: Thanks For The Gum!

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Bones #2 *spoilers*: Dem Bones, Dem Bones, Dem Cute Bones

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bones #2 *spoilers*: The Return of Skeleton Girl

• Bones #2 *spoilers*: The foot bone is connected to the leg bone

• Bones #2 *spoilers*: The Jeffersonian breakroom

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bones #2: The Jeffersonian Breakroom *spoilers*

That'd be interesting... Especially if they brought Book Tempe's drinking issues into TV Tempe... I don't know if that would work, though I guess it could. :p

I love the books, Reichs is such a talented writer. I consider the books and the show to be two different things. There are few similarities between the characters and it's only the profession that links the two for me.

But I love both. The book at bath time and the show at bedtime :lol:

TV Tempe might just be a younger Book Tempe. She might have the daughter later on, then start working in the Carolinas and later on in Montreal.

I'm not so fond of the books, which I guess is strange in a way because normally I like books like that. I can just never get into them.

i've tried numerous ones but still struggle.

I guess though, as adorelo says, it could get interesting if they brought something like drinking into it. i'm not sure whether it would go with TV tempe's character though, unless something happens to provide a catalyst.

I can't see TV Tempe becoming book Tempe, cos their temperaments are so different. Bones is so tough and rationale. Book Tempe is alot more emotional.

But the only thing similar is that book Tempe has the hots for her some time partner who's based in Montreal (who's written just as hot as Booth by the way). Bones has the hots for her partner but she just doesn't know it yet. I would actually think that Booth is more like the prequel, younger version of the book equivalent, Andrew Ryan.

Speaking of Kathy Reich's books is her new book out yet?

I enjoy both book and TV Tempe, but I prefer TV Tempe, Bones. Book Tempe is a little too needy. I like the independant Bones as on TV.

There are spoilers for episode 3 and 4 of next season, but no episode 2? Is the premiere considered episode 1 and 2?

Yay! Season premiere next week! :D

Devil Bones is scheduled for release today. Interesting how it nearly coincides with the season premiere.
Anyone interested in Kathy Reichs can check out her website at: http://kathyreichs.com/ It's got a flashy intro page and lots of info, personal comments.

I couldn't get myself into the books, probably a result of getting into the show first. It would be interesting though to bring in some of the elements of the books into the story...I am intrigued by that.

The season premiere counts as episode one and two which is why there are no spoiler reports for the second episode.

I think i probably couldn't get into the books because i watched the show first too. If not, then I don't know why.

I think it'd be interesting to bring some concepts in, but obviously not ones that wouldn't fit with the character differences. I don't know what, because I haven't read the books, but I guess it'd be quite interesting.

I think it would be interesting if Tempe went to help the police in Montreal with a case (like in the books and like KR does in real life). What an exciting city and people (bi-lingual, too). But I haven't figured out how we're gonna rationalize Booth accompanying her. Maybe the FBI has some info that ties in with the case? If Booth is frustrated driving on the left hand side of the road in London, imagine him trying to communicate with French speakers! :lol: Actually, I'd like them to get there and find out that Booth is the only one of them who is fluent in French; wouldn't that be out of character!

Yeah, I'd love if she went to Montreal... add a little French Canadianism to the show! :lol:

I don't think the book Tempe and the TV Tempe are anything alike, actually. Book Tempe is very wise-cracking, and almost too good with the pop culture references, whereas Tempe from the show is famous for not comprehending modern references: "What does that mean?" That's actually what cracks me up about her. She has that blank stare when the others make jokes she doesn't understand. It's part of her charm. Bones is also more matter of fact about herself and her capabilities, while book Tempe is more self-deprecating.

Anyway, I don't really see much of a comparison between the two, aside from their names and their professions.

Hey, guys! I'm back from a very long hiatus from the TalkCSI forums. And with excellent news: I wrote a Bones story over the summer! It's still not done... in fact, it's my only chapter story ever, and have no intentions of not finishing it. If you guys are interested, let me know, and I'll post the link.

As for the Book Tempe/TV Tempe discussion, I've stopped comparing the two for the mere fact that they are too different. If you think about it, the concept of the show was taken from the books, but the characters were not. If there's no Andrew Ryan or Pierre LaManche, then the Temperance Brennan on TV isn't really the Temperance Brennan from the book, right? I don't know, that's just my opinion, but does it make sense?

^I agree. So there really isn't a comparison. So I don't see how Bones could be a prequel to book Tempe.

Thanks for the info on 'Devil Bones'. Will go hunt for it in my local bookstore. Honestly I just want to find out about Tempe and Ryan... since they broke up in the last book 'Bones to Ashes'. :lol: But I still prefer my B&B from TV.

I'm counting down till the premiere. Well it'll be a couple of days late for me to watch it, but still I hope to watch it by next week :D

I finally watched the last two episodes of Bones, and OMG!

I loved the final scene in the second last one, with Bones just talking to Booth. That was great.

The scene between Bones and Zack in the hospital room where he's telling them what happened was so well done by both Eric and Emily. I love that he ensured Hodgins' safety.

Someone mentioned to me that there was Hodgela trouble - like maybe them not staying together, but I didn't really get that from the finale. I hope it doesn't happen - they're like a really good constant that I love about the show.

I wish Bones had slugged Sweets, particularly when she was talking to him about experimenting on her and Booth. He deserved a punch.

Oh, and I have to give props to Tamara Taylor. That moment when she's reading to Zack, and Bones and Booth come in - her whole acting in that scene was just so well done.

Yeh, I know she's criticised quite often, but she really was great in that scene. You could see it click and the emotions go over her face.

But I still didn't like the finale :(

Sweets is a bit of a pain in the ass, and he did deserve a good punch then lol, but I like the guy (overall)

I liked "Bones to Ashes", but I can't get myself to read the other ones. I don't really understand how that's possible.

I just wish Max Allen Collins would write another book on the show. *laughs*

I personally think Tamara Taylor has done well in her role as Cam. Besides Brennan, I felt the most badly for her when they revealed Zach as the killer. I am not really sure why...

Sweets really bothers me and I feel like the only reason he is on the show is to act as sort of a replacement for Zach. You know the socially awkward but brilliant young man. That is one of the main reasons why I can't stand him.

It's almost September 2nd! Yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back