Bones #2: The Jeffersonian Breakroom

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Hrockz, Aug 12, 2008.

?

New thread name

Poll closed Aug 19, 2008.
  1. Bones #2 *spoilers*: The FBI Agent and his Bones

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  2. Bones #2 *spoilers*: The Forensic Anthropologist and her FBI Agent

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Bones #2 *spoilers*: B&B, Center of the Squint Squad

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  4. Bones #2 *spoilers*: He Thinks She's Better Than Smurfette

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  5. Bones #2 *spoilers*: They'd Always Have Coffee

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  6. Bones #2 *spoilers*: It's More Than A Guy Hug

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  7. Bones #2 *spoilers*: Thanks For The Gum!

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  8. Bones #2 *spoilers*: Dem Bones, Dem Bones, Dem Cute Bones

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Bones #2 *spoilers*: The Return of Skeleton Girl

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  10. Bones #2 *spoilers*: The foot bone is connected to the leg bone

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  11. Bones #2 *spoilers*: The Jeffersonian breakroom

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

^I think the mods already said that we need spoiler boxes...

Anyway back to the very juicy spoilers

I'm too scared to get my hopes up. And Hart did say he wants to keep the audience frustrated, so I too am inclined to think it'll be a fakeout. But I must say that the writers have handled B&B very well thus far and I think they'll continue to do so. I mean although the kiss was a blackmail, I still loved seeing it on-screen, so real sex or not, B&B naked in bed out to be good to see! :devil: And they are supposed to be moving on to "bigger things", we just don't know what. Imagine what a good looking kid B&B will make. I'm excited to see what happens.

I can't wait for May.

2. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

No, my complaint isn't about using spoiler boxers for spoilers, it's just that surely there are things to discuss other than spoilers? I'm guessing there are a few people out there who would like to chat about the show, but also don't want to get spoiled... but there don't seem to be any other topics being discussed. For example, as soon as someone says, "I wonder what the future will hold for Hodgela?" and then someone will immediately pop in with, "Well, according to this spoiler..." and then the box appears and a bunch of us get bumped out of the conversation again.

Honestly, it's not normally a big deal in threads, but if you scroll back through this one, there are an inordinant amount of spoiler boxes and no other outside convos happening. It's getting a little exclusionary.

3. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

The reason spoiler boxes are to be used is so spoiler free people won't be excluded. So thank you to everyone using them. However, this is a discussion thread, so please try to add a bit of discussion in your posts. That way everyone can participate. No one likes feeling left out, right? ;) Please PM me if you'd like to discuss this further so it won't disrupt the thread. Thanks. :)

4. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

So how do you think the writers should handle all the Angela/Hodgins drama? I personally say we should get rid of Roxie pronto and get these two back together. They weren't even together very long before they broke up. It's just not the kind of drama I was hoping for.

I think it's great how Max is at the Jeffersonian. His interaction with Booth is priceless. You can totally tell that he knows. ;)

Oh and what about poor Zack? I miss him! His appearance in that episode a while ago (can't remember the name), was scary. It didn't feel right for him to be locked up in an institution. :(

Bones has been pumping out really great eps this season. I hope they keep it up!

5. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Personally, I hope they get Hodgins and Angela back together. Even though it sort of seemed like it's a way to cop-out B&B at first, I like it. Their breakup seemed like an even worse cop-out. They couldn't just let them get married? Or at least, like, still engaged? Ergh.

Max at the Jeffersonian was great.

What much can Zack do? He is in jail...

6. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

I felt the same way. I can deal with them not getting married, but why have them completely break up?

Technically he's at an institution. Though I suppose it doesn't really make much of a difference. It's tricky, though. I want Zack to get out and come back, but I also see the need for him to be locked up. He did kill someone after all. I can't just ignore that.

7. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Awww... sorry that all we discuss is spoilers, I do want to discuss other stuff too. :)

I agree about the Hodgela issue. They should'nt have broke them up. It's worse that Hodgin's "replacement" is Roxie. I agree that they intended to use Hodgela to ease the tension off B&B but I think they should have handled the break-up better. It seemed a lame reason for the break-up.

I thought that Zack admited that he didn't kill anybody to Sweets. He was an accessory though, in that he led Gormagon to the victim but he wasn't the one to plunge the knife. I think he told Sweets he didn't want to tell anyone that cos it would mean he would get sent to a regular jail and he knows he wouldn't survive that.

I really love Max too. I hope he sticks around more. I mean he's really tolerating Brennan the way she treated him in the previous episode. I'm glad he promised Brennan he would stick around for her.

8. andunesilme

andunesilme Lost in the parking lot

I remember that too. Zack said something that he would've killed the man if Gormagon would have asked, but Sweets insisted that he isn't a murderer, 'cause when the time to kill human comes, it's harder than one would think. Or something like that. And then Zack didn't allow Sweets to tell Bones that he didn't kill that man, 'cause Sweets has a fiduciary duty due to what Zack said, just before he said he didn't go to the regular jail :D

I'm not that much of a fan of Hodgela, but I loved to see their chemistry work well! All scenes where they were together, were soo nice ^^ Now all the small conversations etc are gone..

9. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Yeah with the whole Hodgela thing... it just seems funny that they went the opposite direction of the B&B romance stroyline. While they're obviously going to string us along with B&B until the bitter end, they got Hodges and Angela together fairly quickly, and then trying to get married shortly after. It's almost like they felt the storyline was at a dead end so they had to throw this woman into the mix to keep it fresh. Personally, I just think it's a little halfassed, but whatever. Hopefully they'll realize the fans really prefer Angela with Hodges and not anyone else. Or at least that's my take on it.

With the whole Zack thing, it's weird. I find I don't miss him until they bring him back into the picture, and then I'm all "Oh hey yah- I forgot how fun it was with that character in the mix." But then when he's gone again, I sort of forget about him. I'm sort of torn though. I was pretty choked when they took his storyline in such a severe direction, but like I said, I don't really miss him until they bring him back in. I actually like some of the "trial" people they've been using as well. I don't know... brilliant as he is, and so obviously a part of the "family" at the Jeffersonian, I still don't think it would be even slightly realistic for him to ever be working there again.

10. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

Oh ya. I completely forgot about that. Still, where does that lead us? Realistically, he would still go to jail for being an accomplice. *Sigh* I just don't know what to do with. Maybe I should just move on.

I actually get what you're saying. I sort of feel the same way. I'm really just so interested about B/B that I do forgot about the other characters sometimes, particularly ones that aren't around much. It's true that it's not really realistic for Zack to work there again, but I find that I'm not really bothered by that. I love the show so much that if they want to throw in a few "eye-roll" moments, I'd be okay with it. As long as they don't mess with B/B. ;)

I found some new spoilers, for those interested.

"I think we'll do a little better this season than just an actual, real kiss," [Hart] Hanson teases. "But you tell me in about three months whether we've succeeded or not. There are a couple of things I've already said they'll do: I've said they'll be naked in bed, and I've said she will ask him to father her child. So, I think we're moving toward something bigger than just a kiss." What could possibly be bigger that sucking face? Yep, sex was my first guess, too. "The truth is," Hanson counters, "if two people share a kiss and they're in their mid-'30s, how long is it going to be before they consummate? My intention is to keep the audience very frustrated." [...] Explains Hart Hanson: "Booth has some issues with his dad, so we may bring in his father this season. We also talked about having his grandfather show up, but I'm not sure that will happen."

and...

Seems the Bones duo will be stopping by a strip club and getting a lap dance later this season. Could this be part of Brennan's new effort to be more human? I'm hearing the brilliant scientist is interested in learning how to better connect with people. Apparently, she'll enlist the help of Sweets to accomplish her goal.

The second one made me :lol:.

11. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

I agree about Zach. I didn't realise I missed him till he guest stars, then I remembered how good it was to have him on the show, then you forget again. I like Wendell and Clark though, so it's not that bad without Zack.

I'll have to admit I'm kinda like MaddyAnn too. I'm soo into B&B that anything else with the other characters are a bonus or extras. Though, I really like Max and Parker too.

As to the spoilers about B&B, like I said, I'm just gonna wait and see. And hopefully it comes true. And we don't get led on by tptb. Doesn't mean I'm not excited about the spoilers though.

12. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

I miss more screentime for Hodgins and Angela and I miss Zach, he brought lots of funny moments to the lab, I think the new grad students are pretty boring.

I'm sorry Baba, but I have to use some boxes now.

4x12 "The double trouble in the panhandle" promo pics.

4x13 "The hero in the hold" promo pics.

No new episodes until January 15, nooooo !!! :(

13. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

*shakes uncontrollably* I'm starting to go into withdrawal.... Nooo!!! I'm just gonna have to watch season 3 again.

The one with Booth and Brennan in the circus looks like it's gonna be very very funny! I can't wait. THe gravedigger episode looks really good too.

I'm definately looking forward to the two next episodes. I just don't understand wht they have to take such a long break! :scream:

Another character I'd like to disucss if we don't talk about B&B is actually Cam. I really like her, since last season and till now I'm liking her more and more. I think she deserves a good storyline. She's like the one dispensing good advice to everyone now, instead of Angela.

14. shazza_018

shazza_018 A Daily Anthem Moderator

*pops in*

I'm behind again :lol: Sorry guys!

:lol: Yes I am but just forgot about this thread *hides*

Yes I so miss Zach he did bring alot of funny moments and yes the new grad students are pretty boring.

I miss screentime for Hodgins and Angela too.

Oh Nooo another very long wait!! *cries*

15. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

I agree. When she first came on the show I really disliked her, mostly because she was with Booth. :lol: But the more I saw the more I liked her. She's really pretty funny, and Tamara Taylor always nails the timing of her jokes perfectly. I would be perfectly fine with seeing a lot more Cam. And Sweets. I love him, he's so adorabe! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.