"Bite Me" Discussion Thread **Beware Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 3, 2005.

1. Hollis

Hollis CSI Level Two

I adored Archie's line and facial expression in the AV lab with Nick.
    "Dude, I could not make this stuff up."

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Oh is that the name of 6.04? (Shooting Star that is) I know that the fifth one is Gumdrops...

3. FoxRox

FoxRox CSI Level Two

How sad there were still no Sara/Nick or Sara/Nick/Warrick scenes. :(

At least this episode had some character interaction resembling the old days. Sara and Catherine had some really nice scenes! And I truly enjoyed Grissom and EcklieĀ“s little understanding. :)

PS: I agree with whoever said Grissom is getting soooo weary of the job! He has for some time I think.

PS2: Kill GSR! Now.

4. piepretzelsngreg

piepretzelsngreg CSI Level Two

Yea, i agree FoxRox, GSR is gettin kinda old. What was up with Grissom in that bedroonm scene though. seemed a little akwards...alson, there was very little interaction btwn. Greg and Sara. which i thought was kinda dissapoiting.

5. Mightion

Mightion Hit and Run

Good episode, but I think I like it better when there are distinct (as in unrelated) cases - the "A" and "B" cases...

I was watching Doc Robbins pulling the skin off the skull of the first wife, and I was immediately reminded of the third-season episode "Revenge is Best Served Cold", where the good Doctor pulls the guy's face off - which is still the only scene in CSI that made me literally scream the first time I saw it.

I'm seeing him roll back her skin and I'm going "Don't pull off her face don't pull off her face don't pull off her face".... :)

6. Sidle_my_Idol

Sidle_my_Idol CSI Level Two

Well undoubtedly 'Bite me' was much much better than last two, so I'm hopeful now.
    I loved the case...finally an interesting one. Loved the discussion esp of Gris, Cath and Sara in the staircase....
    it was cool. The team worked great together.

tptbs are still dropping anvils on us....yeah I mean for those lines.

However, I still see some problem with the editing. The last part when Cath was coming out of the interrogation room to see the daughter being taken away....there the transition from the normal to slow-motion sucked.
    slow motion can be really annoying when put in wrong places... me, I don't like slow motions in CSI at all...they always mess up.
    Other than that...I'm satisfied with this eppy.

PS- Also, I didn't get why the father said "you can't prove it [that he tried to protect his daughter," and Cath agreed by just saying that he still have to live with it.
    Cause like Gris said, the timeline was off...that's how they confirmed that the guy was lying.

7. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Yeah, but they need physical evidence to prove that, not just "he said, she said" stuff. Wouldn't be enough to hold up in court for sure.

8. grisslybear

grisslybear CSI Level Two

I didn't really feel bad for Sara or anything. For the first time in a while, they didn't have their usual, angsty, sad, "we have feelings for each other but we can never act on them" vibe. Grissom felt uncomfortable about the conversation implicating their own relationship, yes, but he left with a smile on his face, and Sara also had a smile on her face when he was leaving, not an expression like "OMG, he let me down again". This was more like their interaction back in the good old days.

9. Sidle_my_Idol

yeah I know, but again like I said before the timeline was off, so the court will surely want to know what the husband was doing at that time or yeah we can assume that the husband will come up with a new lie.

Edited to add...yes I agree with grisslybear, both of them seem pretty comfortable talking about it..and it didn't seem like a big deal to me. It was funny though. But you can notice that both of them changed the subject abruptly...that was kinda weird (for them).

10. BabaOReilly

Yeah, I see what you're saying, but I just don't think they have anything other than what the father said happened, and what the daughter said happened not aligning. Without physical evidence that suppots a lie, they're screwed.

11. Sidle_my_Idol

I agree now. :D

12. BabaOReilly

Incidentally, I totally agree with this post. I liked the Grissom/Sara interaction. No angst, just friends conversing, albeit about weird stuff! :lol:

13. Tripp3235

Tripp3235 Pathologist

Something I am surprised no one has commented much on...is how inappropiate Grissom's remark about the wife suffocating the husband was. Whether the scene was to dredge up the GSR ship or not, I thought it was truly out of character for Grissom, he is supposed to be so enlightened.

I think, if Warrick/Nick/Greg had said that SAME LINE, everyone would have slammed the character for it.

Is it just me?

14. BabaOReilly

What line was that?

15. Tripp3235

Tripp3235 Pathologist

Well, I don't remember the exact line...but Grissom stating they were both "suffocating each other" and he alludes the fact that the husband had to move out of the room to give them breathing room. I felt it was very telling of Grissom's opinions on relationships for him to jump to that conclusion so easily. [earlier spoilers had Sara asking WHO was Grissom talking about, implying he was talking about his own phobias. Thank goodness that was cut.]