"Bite Me" Discussion Thread **Beware Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 3, 2005.

1. abharding

abharding Rookie

I hadn't thought about that. I hope at somepoint we do see Nick having to deal with something like that... it would be a good way to see how he is dealing (or more importantly NOT dealing) with what happened in GD.

I think it was about the differing agendas of the EMTs and the Crime Lab. The EMTs don't care about preseving the scene - they just want to save a life. Now while this a very good thing, it also can make Grissom et. al job just a little tougher because they can't be sure how the EMT may - or may not- have effected the scene. For Gris and the rest the scene tells the story... if someone messes with it(not matter what the reason), it makes that much harder to find out what did happen. I don't think that most CSI and cops get as mad as Grissiom shows in this scene, but I do think are some times fustrated by the cricumstances.

2. kimaken

kimaken Lab Technician

I didn't mean to sound insulting. But Nick arrived at the scene with Sara and Warrick; he was in the house investigating; he told the husband to change clothes, saw the bite marks, etc.; he and Brass interrogated the lady dentist (funny scene where he sort of stuttered and Brass had to remind him of the husband/suspect's name); he and Archie watched the lady dentist's video where she was biting the husband/suspect.... Overall, Nick had quite a bit to do in this episode. However, it was disappointing that there was no continuity from his experience in "Grave Danger", nor were his scenes about him (angsty or dramatic) other than showing him doing his job. Could be why they didn't stand out as much. I'm the same way about Greg--he was IN the episode--had more than one or two quick scenes, but nothing about his scenes stood out so it seemed like he wasn't really there.

3. jimmyolsenblues

jimmyolsenblues Hit and Run

I enjoyed the episode very much, my favorite is that everyone thought it was the husband and it turns out he was just protecting his daughter. Why store the cane in the girl's closet? Can't you find a better hiding place then the girl's closet who you are suppossed to be protecting?

4. Guest

Guest Guest

he and Brass interrogated the lady dentist (funny scene where he sort of stuttered and Brass had to remind him of the husband/suspect's name); he and Archie watched the lady dentist's video where she was biting the husband/suspect....

I thought it was funny when Nick got all flustered or whatever talking to the dentist. My reception for CBS sucks, but I still could see enough of the episode that Nick was intriged by the dentist. It looked like to me that it was something that interested Nick. Hence the flusterd look and act Nick put on. I don't like to say it this way, but I got the impression from Nick that the biting issue from the dentist turned him on. ;)
    This is my impression of Nick while the densist was talking to him :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: lol
    All in all it was a good episode, I can't wait to see how the rest of Season 6 goes.

CSIFAN1985

5. piepretzelsngreg

piepretzelsngreg CSI Level Two

I just liked all the looks that they had. especially when Nick was talking to Buffy, the Dentist. ah, she was hilarious. heh heh.

6. xforce11

xforce11 Police Officer

I knew I had seen her before. Thanks now I remember.
    I liked the teamwork in the ep and the twists and turns.

7. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

The dentist looked like she wanted to have Nick for dinner.

8. nickstokesfan

nickstokesfan Coroner

Who doesn't? ;) :D

9. CSI_Gal

CSI_Gal Prime Suspect

I really liked this episode. It was actually interesting and has some plot to it. I hate when the plot is so simple that the episode seems to go by really fast. This one actually had some substance to it.

I loved the humor that was in there. Especially Greggo's little fan and Achie and Nick in the AV room.

I don't have much else to say until I watch it again. But so far, of the three episodes from this season, this one is my favorite. Can't wait for next week's, it looks good too.

I was thinking the same thing!

10. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I laughed through this whole episode. It was a great "personality" episode. Again, i think the writeres are finally trying to show us a little more with the characters, and not making them simply window dressing on the cases/science. The interaction was great.

Somebody said Grissom seemed weary in this episode, and I felt it a couple times too. I did like how they're making Ecklie seem more realistic these days, and how Grissom couldn't help but agree with him at the end of their conversation.

Loved the little funny Greg moments; he looked so cute when he found out he had a fan- that happy little "Well look at how great I am!" smile. So cute. (Incidentally, one of those paramedics seemed to have his own name in the credits... maybe they were using real paramedics in this episode?)

Loved all the stuff with Nick and the "hot" but scary dentist. He was so incredibly uncomfortable, it made me laugh. I think in light of the "she's hot" comment, the rest of his reactions were perfect. Sort of the "Man, she's good looking but she SCARES me!" attitude. So funny.

Brass was spot on hilarious as usual; Archie was fun;

Sara was human for a change- no angst, no coldness, just a regular, normal woman doing her job (and very well as usual, I might add).
    Grissom was odd, but in a good way (also as usual).
    Catherine was also nice and human, and more like her old self as well.

Warrick was his usual cool self! :D

The case was trippy as all the fetish cases are, and I really enjoyed it, especially with the full crew working it. It took me back to "King Baby", an episode I loved for most of the reasons I loved this one: This cast rocks when you let them shine! :D

And incidentally, I don't get why everyone finds it insulting that Warrick called Greg "Sanders"? They've all done it in the past, as have his old lab comrades. I personally have friends who call me by my first or last name all the time- it's a buddy thing. I actually kind of like it when they use my last name only. Makes me feel like I'm part of a team. :) Sometimes they just use my initials too, which I also think is cute. ;)

11. kimaken

kimaken Lab Technician

Excellent summation! As to Warrick calling Greg "Sanders"...I didn't feel it was insulting so much as it was odd. Warrick never refers to or addresses Nick as "Stokes" or Catherine as "Willows", so it seemed odd that he suddenly calls Greg "Sanders" when he's previously called him "Greg".

12. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Yeah, but I think it's just something they've all always done by times. I have friends who we almost never refer to by their first name. Warrick's definitely done it in the past, as has just about everyone else, including Sara if I recall correctly.

Some people just bring out the tendancy in others, I find.

13. IlovebillyandGil

IlovebillyandGil Prime Suspect

I too, thought the episode was awesome! I am so mad though, I was not at home and my stupid timer didn't work so I didn't tape it!! Ugh!! Anxiously awaiting the repeat!! :D

I of course, loved Grissom. I think he was once agian funny and is starting to be more silly than serious like he has been in the past. And I felt bad for Sara at his comment in the bedroom (I am a huge GSR shipper!!!) Hopefully something will happen there!! I also think that Grissom looked extremely hot, like when doesn't he?? :lol: Everybody was awesome in this episode!! Nick's face when he was interviewing the dentist--classic!!

14. Guest

Guest Guest

That episode was probably the funniest of season 6 so far

15. MarieMJS

MarieMJS Rookie

A lot has been said already...
    So I will just say that I liked it a lot, but I cant wait for shooting star :D