Big Season Finale Spoiler *MAJOR SPOILER*

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 5, 2009.

?

Who do you think will die in the season finale of CSI: NY?

1. Mac Taylor

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  2. Stella Bonasera

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  3. Danny Messer

12 vote(s)
    5.5%
  4. Lindsay Monroe

80 vote(s)
    36.7%
  5. Sheldon Hawkes

20 vote(s)
    9.2%
  6. Don Flack

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  7. Adam Ross

5 vote(s)
    2.3%
  8. Sid Hammerback

2 vote(s)
    0.9%
  9. Jessica Angell

90 vote(s)
    41.3%
  1. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Rookie

Good on you for not being hypocritical. :)

2. AbbyD

AbbyD Dead on Arrival

I so agree with you on the missed opportunity!

I've avoided posting on this subject because I so very very very much wanted it to be Lindsey for this very reason. AB has been pregnant for 2 of the last 3 seasons (I consider season 5 over at this point). Each pregnancy has forced the creative direction of the entire series. And neither has been a successful turn of events.

In season 3, we got the 'deep dark sekret'. An embarrassing turn for both the writers and AB. For the writers it showed a poorly planned and shoddily executed series of events which whipsawed the character. Lindsey is pissed because she doesn't get to work a scene with lots of dead teens! Lindsey leaves a crime scene even before going inside because she is told there is a dead teen in the house! Lindsey suffers no professional repercussions for her actions. As for AB, it really showed her limits as an actress. Ever since, you can all but see the writers pulling back. I can just hear them tossing around ideas and quickly having to jettison each and every one because she can't pull it off. Hence, the endless expositions and dreadful show and tells she does.

In season 5, we have the unexpected pregnancy. After a multiple episode set up showing the new direction to put a stake through the heart of DL, luv baby!!! Of course, on all other occasions the concept of the show is that these are scientists who are highly intelligent, highly skilled and can determine the guilt or innocence of the most dastardly criminals from the teeniest bit of physical evidence. They are just too stupid to use a condom. This is followed by a hurried wedding brought about by the all mighty hand of God (overkill, don't you think?):rolleyes:

Just as we were told endlessly that Lindsey was awesome sauce (who was the genius who coined that phrase?), now we are told endlessly that the marriage/baby is the most awesome thing ever!

Now TPTB have painted themselves into a corner.They have permanently tied two main characters to each other. But how on earth are they going to deal with the reality of 2 main characters married to each other, working the same shifts on the same team with a baby? I really don't want to be subjected to endless squabbles about who changed the brats diapers last, who didn't clean up, etc.

And you know we are in for this kind of crap. On average, DL and/or baby take up at least 20-30% of each episode either directly or indirectly. While Lindsey is away, we've had no reprieve from it. Did Danny really have to spend that much screen time running around with the baby name thing?

Killing Lindsey off would have allowed them to do a reset on the show. Danny would have had a angstfest for three or four episodes and it's over. Or, even better, he mourns over the summer and by the premier in the autumn he's all better. Flack got over being blown to smithereens during the summer with no ill effects, Danny can get over a woman he has never been sure he loves in that time. :devil:

As for Angell, well, at least we'll be spared a DL retread. I've always liked her, but the developing relationship with Flack was already showing signs of DL psychodrama. Flack is on the hot seat for killing a kid, but Angell is all pissed because IA knows they are dating. A couple of episodes later she is propositioning him in the squad room! How discreet! You go Angell, I'm sure that all the other cops in the room didn't notice! Geez, she might as well have jumped his bones on his desk.:rolleyes:

I'm sure that Eddie will be brilliant in this story line. I just wish it had been Lindsey, it would have freed everyone else and opened up a new world of possibilities.

3. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

Ughhhh I hate finding out bad news late :(

Angell? REALLY? For one, she is not part of the main cast, so it really won't "change the lineup forever." Second....ANGELL??

She isn't one of my favorites on the show, but she was in good standing with me. Her character was strong and had so much potential, not to mention the great chemistry she has with Flack and Stella. It's so frustrating that a character like that is being senselessly killed off, while a dead weight like Lindsay is still going to be around, tied to Danny and their spawn for all eternity.

Screw you, TPTB....

4. Curiosity

Curiosity Prime Suspect

Well, can't say I'm too surprised but am still disappointed that Angell will be the one to go. It's certainly possible that EV had other opportunities and the producers didn't have a regular spot to offer -- at times they seem to have trouble giving meaningful time to the current regulars.

Still, I can't help feeling they're being shortsighted and making a move they will come to regret in future. Angell is a character with a lot of potential. She has a budding romance with Flack and she has good rapport and screen presence with pretty much all the characters they have paired her with, including Mac, Danny, and Stella.

For a variety of reasons, I really don't think the current line-up will take them to the end of the series, and I wouldn't be surprised if in the next year or two, we see other changes intended to refresh or kickstart the series. I suspect a character like Angell could be of great use to them at that point.

Too bad....Maybe it's not too late for them to figure out a way to put her into character limbo for awhile.

5. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

Yah, if she's a cliffhanger death or something I might not be as gravely disappointed, but it doesn't exactly sound like it's going that way.

I used to watch Miami, in season one and two when it wasn't soooo silly. But the sillier it got the more embarrassed I became to watch it until I couldn't bring myself anymore. I'd hate for that to happen with NY. :(

6. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

At least from here on out, they can just go, 'Oh, Lindsay is popping out another kid with the hubby' and spare us hastily-conceived (forgive the pun) storylines. I have no problem with Anna having children, don't get me wrong, but as a viewer of the show, it's never been a good thing for the plot as far as I am concerned.

Hopefully they'll get the baby names and schmoop in the workplace stuff out of their system this season and we'll be spared from that stuff in the future.

Word. So much word. *sigh*

7. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I second Fay's "Word". *groans* I just don't see how this is the best move at this moment. And I know I've been saying stuff like that since I first read the spoiler, but I'm being completely serious. It's a good time for some real cast changing. This cast has been the same for about four seasons. Adding AJ and Robert to the opening credits doesn't count, because they were still in the show. I like (most) of the characters (and, no matter how much ErinElizabeth is not my favorite person at the moment, I probably would've been happy [but not overjoyed, mind you] if Lindsay had died). However, since they were writing a death in it seems like it would've been a better time to kill off a major character. They can't really kill off two major characters in back to back season finales. They might, but I'm not certain that they would. So this means that another character death (at least from a finale standpoint) wouldn't occur until the seventh season. I know that CSI lasted that long, but frankly NY is not as strong of a show.

Maybe none of that made sense, but that's just my thought process at the moment.

8. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

If this is true, all I have to say is Fail. Epic Fail. Is there something beyond Epic Fail? If so, then this is it. Perhaps Infinite Fail?

With regards to TPTB not being able to keep spoilers from people. I call Shenanigans.

NCIS did it two times, once at the end of Season 2 when Sasha Alexander's character left, they kept it out of the press until the end. Then, this past season, when Lauren Holly's character got killed off, IIRC, there were minimal spoilers about who it was. I know Sasha Alexander left, though I'm not sure about Lauren Holly. Regardless, if TPTB try hard enough, spoilers and their details. can be kept out of the press.

This was just ratings hype to get people to watch. Unless I hear something different about the finale, chances are, I won't be.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  9. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

I don't think the current line up (and by line up I mean people in the credits) taking them much father either. Which is why I think speculation about who might die was so easy! Things are so stale it's about time they really mixed things up.

I don't foresee myself being effected by seeing Angell go. I mean I had nothing against her and I liked seeing Flack get some action, but she never had the time to really grow on me, so whatever. Turn, turn turn. The people who I am invested in remain. Like Flack! I'll be interested in Flack's role in this, 'cause there's a character with some depth, but Angell will have died before we really knew her, so no big loss in my book.

The fact that it's going to make so LITTLE difference is the only thing that's disappointing about this.

All I was really hoping for in this finale was something to shock me! Kill somebody important and shock the whole audience! A nice big WHOA! moment, 'cause I feel like I could have predicted this. And a lot of us did. It's another cop out (no pun intended). Rather than actually do something fun and crazy and shocking, they just preach it and then the follow through is always a let down. Just like so many other things.

Like Montana's big secret. Big let down. The big 333 mystery, fizzled out. The wedding. Bigger let down. Even for those who gave a crap about it. Killing a character who's barely blipped on my radar, when they could really have shaken things up. Another anticlimactic decision still. It's becoming their M.O. Which is good news for anyone who likes really boring stories! So if you fear change and have been crossing your fingers for this, enjoy it! Nothing's going to change for anyone and this will be as quickly forgotten as Louie Messer! Hurray for bland! :)

10. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Happened to pop into the other spoiler thread first. Come here to find so many things said I completely agree with.

Man, my Dear Writers letter is gonna be miles long and in need of some serious editing.

It's not wrong to wish the creative hands of the show to find some way to improve upon whatever they think the've managed to achieve. That's just one of many options... Besides. I thought the domain of moral superiority was reserved for Mac? :p

...word 1.

...word 2.

I'll add that S4 wasn't a shining one for Lindsay or Anna, and that a pregnancy had nothing to do with it. The fact that there were supposed to be changes for both characters for S5 leads me to think that TPTB acknowledged that new direction was needed. Didn't happen. Opportunity to change things up for S6? Well, still unknown, but IMO whether it was Lindsay the one killed or not is kinda secondary to the fact that it's not a main character they're losing but a recurring one. I don't see this as forever changing anything. Not for the core group beyond Personal Drama, not for the show as a whole. And a death could have (and should be) catalyst for change. I simply hope it means that change is still possible, that the show won't revert to the mire of complacency that breeds craptitude, and that it gives way instead of sucking everything that was good about the show into gooey depths.

..word 3.

...word 4.

...word 5.

As for "Infinite Fail?" Could always make up some t-shirts and send' em to PV... :lol:

11. fm62

fm62 Prime Suspect

The producer (can't remember his name) did say the rest of the finale would be a killer episode, so maybe someone else gets shot and may or may not survive.

I've definately struggled with NY this season, I spend the whole episode checking how long it has still to go, instead of being mesmerised by the show.

12. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I had my fingers crossed that if it wasn't Lindsay, it would be Angell. I don't fear change or enjoy bland stories - I just don't want to lose Sheldon. *clings* :p This show doesn't have much going for it to keep me interested beyond my attachment to the characters, so losing one I'm pretty attached to would make it even less interesting for me. (But let's be honest - I'll probably stick with this show until it gets cancelled and airs its final, feeble fart of an episode. :p)

I agree that they need to shake things up - if they think The Messer Family is what it'll take to elevate NY above all of the other shows out there, many of them newer and/or with more clever premises - I think they're mistaken. The Wedding got them like a million more viewers, which they lost in subsequent weeks. And that was a big thing. :rolleyes:

This kind of gives me an idea for a new thread...

13. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Call me kooky, call me wacky, my friends, lovers and minions, and tell me that DeNial is not just a river in Egypt, but I'm not 100% sure that it's going to be Angell dying in the finale. It all could be part of of an elaborate scenario to conceal who is the one buying the farm.

Honestly, yeah, it could be her. She's been on the show almost as long as Adam and Sid, and that makes it dicey as to contract status. A lot of shows, especially if they're sucessful, will expand recurring characters' roles after a couple of years, sooner if they work out well. CSI LV did it with Sofia Curtis, then dropped her without explanation. They also did it with Al Robbins and Greg Sanders starting in season 3. I can easily see the same situation with Emanuelle Vaugier.

However, yeah, the team's worked with her quite a bit. Flack likes her a helluva lot; and it seems that Stella gets along well with her. I don't see earth shattering, line up changes stemming from her death, unless it has something to do with the Greek stuff she and Stella have been on. That might cause angst between Flack and Stella (then watch they'll jump into bed together and have makeup sex, only to find out that she's his long lost orphaned third cousin, twice removed)

I can definitely see Mootana going. Anna Belknap is on her second baby, and with that being the case she's probably going to want more time off from the show to raise them; which is her right. I can really see her approaching Pam Veasey or one of the other bigwigs and saying that she wants to go and be with her children more. If you write her off, that will give some great Danny angst moments. Perhaps even the secret, forgotten name of Ruben Sandoval could be spoken again.

Let's face it, Mootana's got some mojo in her. With one scrunch of her face she can perform otherworldy miracles of transformation. Let's see, it resurrected a dead ship from the bottom of the Vortex of Lame, it fundamentally altered one of the most headstrong, exciting and interesting characters in primetime television, performing a nearly impossible act of transfiguration, making Danny lame and boring. When any of the other characters get near her, all she has to do is low and scrunch her face, and they beckon to her every whim. They let her leave evidence out, Tell them to F off when all they're trying to do is understand why, they let you get away with eggregious violations of the NYPD rules, like working on the same team, in the same precinct while boning away and popping out babies. So, for those of us who feel that Lindsay Monroe drags the show down, here's to the end of the dead fish eyes of Doom, and the Crumpled Countenance of cringing, and have her hold on the show broken once and for all. Seriously, Danny is so damn bored with his character that it looks like he's gone beyond phoning his lines in, he's friggin' mailing them in.

Hawkes....He brings a lot, and is the only minority character, so unless he wants to leave to pursue other projects and a life of activism, I think he's safe. I Hope.

Can you tell I don't want it to be Angell. She works so much better than Lindsay. She has chemistry with everyone she works with, she's tough, she's NEW YORK, just like Aiden was. I would so love to see Mooo bumped off and Angell become a CSI.

Bump the rest of this crap.

14. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

I have had this feeling from a few days now that there will be several victims. If Angell is the victim well i dunno. I did believe spoilers when i read them hours ago. However now i think we should keep the door open just in case. Probably our jaws will be dropped at the end of the episode and we will discover Angell is a victim (because she is shot) but probably she is not the one to die

Debbs

15. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

Abby, I agree that the whole witnessing a murder thing could have been dealt with better but I don't think it destroyed her character or anything, to me it kinda explained why she went into the field she did. And we can't say that they didn't use a condom - condoms do break they are not 100% effective and I'm sure they both know that.