Big Season Finale Spoiler *MAJOR SPOILER*

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 5, 2009.

?

Who do you think will die in the season finale of CSI: NY?

1. Mac Taylor

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  2. Stella Bonasera

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  3. Danny Messer

12 vote(s)
    5.5%
  4. Lindsay Monroe

80 vote(s)
    36.7%
  5. Sheldon Hawkes

20 vote(s)
    9.2%
  6. Don Flack

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  7. Adam Ross

5 vote(s)
    2.3%
  8. Sid Hammerback

2 vote(s)
    0.9%
  9. Jessica Angell

90 vote(s)
    41.3%
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I think the big difference between then and now is the internet. It's a lot harder to keep secrets these days. Most big twists on TV shows are spoiled in one way or another on the internet.

Yeah, exactly. Too many avenues, and even spoiler Q&As give away a lot--or at least enough that fans can guess.

Though, those looking to avoid spoilers generally can do so.

Well, I'm sure TPTB didn't intend for these spoilers to get out per se. As for the cliffhanger...who knows. Nothing says two people can't die. It's unlikely, but you never know. And we don't even know exactly what the circumstances of the cliffhanger will be.

2. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

Well they didn't ruin the finale for me. I actually couldn't have watched it if I didn't know who it was (not that it's a problem really because I'm in the Uk and don't see it at 'first airing' anyway).

I'm a bit of a wuss when it comes to character deaths, I just find them too disturbing if I'm not prepared. It's not that the lines of reality/fiction are blurred, I think it's the emotions attached to the whole 'one minute they're there, the next they're gone' thing. I dunno, maybe it's to do with having had people close die suddenly in RL that it all sits a little close to home.

The only show I can watch without knowing who dies is 24 and that's because I know it's likely that my favourite characters will die so I'm prepared for it and don't 'invest' in the same way because of how likely it is.

3. Top41

I usually prefer to be in the know, too. It's still sad, it's still shocking and it's still emotional--I just know a bit of what to expect.

That's actually show that does a really good job of hiding deaths. And they're always really upsetting to me! I love the characters on 24--but yeah, aside from Jack, it feels like no one else is ever really safe.

4. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

They're upsetting to me too, but not in the same way because I go into it expecting it. Usually you know that someone is going to go on a particular episode so I tend to think of the worst case scenario and go with it. As for Jack being safe, for the time being he is, but maybe not forever!

Honestly though, if I'm not expecting it and 'attached' (in a sane way) to a character then it sits with me for days. :(

5. Carrieattheprom

Carrieattheprom Lab Technician

In complete fairness, had it been Lindsay dying I might've said the exact same thing.

What a waste though. The one romantic relationship that did work for me is coming to an end, and we're stuck with D/L until the end of time.

I still don't understand how this changes the show's line up, though.

6. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I totally know what you mean.

Even knowing right now that Angell is going to die, I'm still going to be bummed when I watch the episode. Not as bummed as if I went in unaware of who was dying because at least I know what to expect - but still sad. I guess because it's not final until it airs. :(

7. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

So TPTB over hype everything again, and this time don't even seem to be trying to keep a lid on their super secret plans even though they have poor Mr. Buckley playing spokesperson for insisting just how TOP SECRET said plans are.

Lets just recap some of the misinformation shall we:

"One of the teams own" - Barely. Depends who's team they're talking about. Certainly not the CSI team. She's a detective after all.

"change the lineup forever" - Not really at all actually. If the credits aren't changing, the line up really isn't.

"No one in the cast even knows!" - Most of the world knows now, so I would think some of the cast probably have known for a while.

It's kind of a joke really. Every time, in the past season or so, they've teased us with the idea of "something big that will change everything" it's been something minor that haphazardly glossed over and ultimately changes nothing, because in CSI land no one deals with the aftermath of anything for more than about 48 hours.

These guys are just losing all credibility. The only way they're going to retain any respect with me is if all this comes out amazingly different in the finale. I'm not holding my breath.

But if you had you might have been barraged with moral superiority because she's a mommy now! And it's wrong to even want a fictional mommy to die! :rolleyes:

It is a waste. A waste of a serious opportunity to move this show forward again. It's been spinning it's wheels for a long time and they had a real chance here to gain some traction and propel it out of this fan-fictiony place of drivel and monotony. Instead we're looking at season six of All My Children: NY.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
  8. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Wait a minute...is this completely accurate? Do we know for sure that Angell is the one being killed off? Is it possible this is just to screw with us?

9. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I suppose anything is possible, but I don't give TPTB enough credit to think this is anything other than accurate.

10. Top41

Nah, I've never seen you post in an immature manner like that. Give yourself more credit. :)

It is kind of an exaggeration, but then, it's hardly the first time. The nature of hype is that some things are exaggerated.

Well, I think the nature of hyping something up is that some things do get exaggerated. Of all the recurring characters that could have been the ones to bite the dust (Angell, Sinclair, Gerard, Gillian), Angell is definitely the most significant. But only die-hard fans who tune in every week are really going to know the recurring characters well.

As for the cast not knowing, they may not have until they got the script. I'm with you on the line up quote, though. Line up change to me says main credits. So I do think that was a real exaggeration.

11. Carrieattheprom

Carrieattheprom Lab Technician

Same here. This feels way too cut and dried to be anything else but accuate. If I'm totally wrong, I'll eat my proverbial hat.

12. Top41

I'm pretty sure it's accurate. However, we don't know anything about the cliffhanger. Not that I'd think they'd kill off two characters in one episode, but maybe the cliffhanger will be a good one. Better than last season's, I hope!

13. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

They've definitely got me curious about the cliffhanger. It's like, 'Wait a second, are you trying to distract me?' :shifty:

14. CdfSjaI

CdfSjaI Prime Suspect

Hi Everyone-
    I'm new to the board. I'm completely addicted to CSI: New York, I will only watch this show because everything else on TV sucked after I discovered the wonders of CSI: New York. Anyway, I had to join in this discussion because

1) I had to get my thoughts out 2) I'm totally pissed at TPTB right now because they are killing the only female character in this show that I am really into. There is still a percentage of hope in me that wishes this was all a nightmare, or at least that the spoiler are wrong. Maybe if I pray hard enough TPTB will change their minds??

As you can see, I really don't want to accept this!!! Why oh why must it be ANGELL???!!!! The show already has a limited amount of female characters. And although, Lindsay is cool with me, I would have much rather seen her go. She's just.....boring now. Like her seasons 2 and 3 bc she was still kick ass. But not any more. Angell is completely awesome though, and I am the biggest Flack/Angell shipper so this just right out pisses me off. Don't know if I will stop watching the show, it all depends on how the finale turns out. But, right now I'm pretty much in a heightened state of depression...

Done ranting for now.....Gonna go cry my heart out now.

15. Top41

Welcome to the board, CdfSjaI--sorry it's under such disappointing circumstances for you! I like Flack and Angell together, too, and agree that Angell is an awesome character. It's a shame she's leaving the show, though hopefully the writers will make her death meaningful.