Big Season Finale Spoiler *MAJOR SPOILER*

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 5, 2009.

?

Who do you think will die in the season finale of CSI: NY?

1. Mac Taylor

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  2. Stella Bonasera

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  3. Danny Messer

12 vote(s)
    5.5%
  4. Lindsay Monroe

80 vote(s)
    36.7%
  5. Sheldon Hawkes

20 vote(s)
    9.2%
  6. Don Flack

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  7. Adam Ross

5 vote(s)
    2.3%
  8. Sid Hammerback

2 vote(s)
    0.9%
  9. Jessica Angell

90 vote(s)
    41.3%
  1. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

No, but it seemed like she would. It was a bit after. But I can see Lindsay being killed off though I hope it doesn't happen. It just seems wrong to do to Danny and also she's having a baby. After all the crap that's happened in real life lately like that, not a good storyline.

2. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

Unless the kidnappers don't want any money, but something else, like that guy did with Hawkes in a way. He made Sheldon look guilty and demanded having his brother innocence proved as a "ransom".

I hadn't thought about it, but you have a point there. Since this season is so absurdly D/L biased -leaving aside my personal opinion about D/L, this plotline is poorly written, sorry to say-, the baby delivery should be the climax, right? (No pun intended) So, Lindsay not giving birth during the last episode may mean something.

I agree with you. I'm not a betting person either, but I think you're right. My fear is TPTB kill Stella instead, but I think she's more or less "safe" since she's the leading female.

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Well, I think that's why they wouldn't have her die in childbirth--that would definitely be in bad taste. But having her die after giving birth and in a way unrelated to the baby wouldn't be bad.

I think it would give Danny a lot to work with, and let's face it: Carmine is great with the angst storylines. It would really bring the focus to his new role as a father and give him a lot to work with for next season.

That said, I think the arguments for it possibly being Hawkes or Angell are pretty convincing, too. Still I think the fact that Lindsay is not having the baby in the finale is possibly one more little "it could be her" clue.

4. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

All good points. But poor Danny! That would be a lot on his shoulders! It would be a lot of material for Danny though so I can see that.

5. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I'm definitely leaning more towards it being Lindsay that dies. I had initially assumed that the birth would be in the finale, but as soon as the 'someone dies' spoiler came out I figured it would have to happen before then. Lindsay's death does make an interesting future storyline for Danny, but I can't imagine how he would bounce back from that? Being a single father and a CSI, having just lost his wife? Sounds potentially far too depressing for my liking. I'm sure Carmine would do such a storyline justice though.

Hawkes and Angell are still serious contenders in my mind. I think at this point I would be most shocked if it happened to be anyone other than those three.

6. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Not to lend any credence to the baby-kidnapper theory, but maybe they steal babies to sell on the black market or something - and end up killing a cop on purpose or by accident when things go bad.

Anyway, back to the discussion at hand:

I'm thinking probably Hawkes, Angell or Lindsay as well - and I really hope it's not Hawkes. I don't want Angell to die, but I could get over it. And while I'd prefer if Lindsay didn't actually die, I'd be happier with her off the show. So of those three, Hawkes is the one I want to protect the most - plus, the character is nothing but untapped potential, so it would be doubly sad to see him go.

7. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Well, the way I see it, the 'first CSI baby' is destined to be kidnapped at some point (something terrible has to happen to all TV spawn, yes?)... Might as well get it over with I say. :p

8. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

The more I hear the different spoilers leading up and peoples idea the more confused i'm getting, I have pondered on not reading this thread to stop myself over thinking and driving myself mad.

My only thing with her giving birth before the finale is that depending on how TPTB play it and how much time elapses between episodes she won't be on active duty, if they needed her in she'd be in the lab most likely leaving her out of the action.

I still think there is a huge massive twist which TPTB are laughing about as they read all our theories... and I just don't know. Its hard to pin point in down tho Angell seems my choice at the moment I do think Lindsay but i keep thinking would they really throw at us more Danny drama as much as I sure love it. Hawkes still plays in back of my head tho kind of like a small inkling but i don't know why.

Just way to hard, its frustrating not reading this to see what people think but i find it also makes it soo much harder knowing what others think cos you suddenly rethink what you thought.

9. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

I wouldn't have seen them having Lindsay give birth in the final anyway. Assuming the birth will take both Danny and Lindsay away from the action, it's always seemed unlikely to me that it would make up the finale.

I agree that the most likely candidates are Hawkes, Angell and Lindsay although it really could be anybody. But, if we take what was said literally i.e. cop killer and changing the lineup then the most obvious candidate would be Lindsay because Hawkes isn't a cop and Angell isn't in the lineup.

The prospect of it being Lindsay does bother me though. If the death spoiler was for next season then I'd be more inclined to think it was her, but it seems pretty damn cruel to do it within weeks of her giving birth. In terms of impact there's no doubt her death will be the biggest for the team. There's something tragic about a death coming so soon after the birth which is why in many ways it wouldn't surprise me. :confused:

I still think there's a possibility that tptb are playing with us. They must know that speculation would lean towards Lindsay. It's interesting though that AB talked quite candidly in the CSI magazing interview about her hopes for D/L and the baby if they were planning on killing Lindsay off. Admittedly it could be that she didn't know when she gave that interview, although that might suggest the choice to leave wouldn't have been hers (which I find hard to believe at this point), or that her circumstances have changed and the prospect of continuing to work with a second child was just too big.

Lordy, this is driving me up the pole!!:eek:

Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  10. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

It would be perfect for Carmine next season. Let's face it, Danny is just made for angst and killing Lindsay would let us see him struggle with a new baby and his job. It makes sense to me that since they were focusing on Danny throughout the pregnancy that they'd focus on Danny after the birth. What better way to do that?

Do we even know for sure there's only 24 episodes this season? I was thinking I read somewhere last season that they'd have 26 episodes this season. If so, that would certainly give them enough time to show them struggling with a newborn and to have Lindsay back at work.

This made me LOL. Maybe in their attempt to kidnap the baby, Lindsay gets killed trying to stop them.

That interview had to have been at least a month ago since it takes time to put a magazine together. If it is Lindsay then maybe Anna had to keep her mouth shut about it and pretend she didn't know or maybe she didn't know until now or maybe she decided working even part time with a toddler and a newborn was just too much. It appears Anna has been very involved with her child and I admire that instead of sticking her with a nanny all of the time like a lot of actors have to do. I could see tptb deciding this ending for Lindsay back when they changed the entire season to accommodate Anna's pregnancy since from Danny's POV, it's perfect angst for him.

I agree with everybody else though that it's either Lindsay, Hawkes, or Angell.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
  11. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

There's 25. It depends on how they do it but I can't imagine two episodes is going to be particularly enlightening to the struggles of new parenthood! Not to say it's not either Lindsay OR Danny who will be killed off because it wouldn't be the first time tptb have discussed these two and their relationship then gone in a completely different direction when it appears on screen.

12. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Yep, it's been about Danny from start to finish, so it wouldn't surprise me if they kill her off and continue to keep the storyline about Danny. After all, why have we seen virtually no development for Lindsay this season when she's going through such a huge change in her life? And it's not just because Anna is pregnant--Lindsay's dark secret was explored in season three, when Anna was pregnant with her first child.

It sounds like there will be 25. So birth in 23, struggle with the baby in 24, death in 25(?). It certainly could go that way, I think.

13. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Cool. I'm actually glad to hear there's 25. At least we get one extra after missing three last season. I'd really hope tptb would spend multiple episodes showing DL deal with a new baby. One episode is enough and it could span over several days. Another thing with the show is the timelines. She has the baby in 5x23 and then when episode 5x24 airs, it could already be six weeks later and she's back to work or it could be the first few weeks after the birth and they'd show them struggling since those first few weeks are the hardest.

That sounds like the mostly likely way it could go. I still like the idea of the kidnappers trying to take the baby from her and she gets killed in the process and then Danny has to work with the rest of the team not only to catch Lindsay's killer but also to rescue his baby. That would be great drama.

Honestly, that's very disturbing. Pregnancy is a huge change and it would have been perfect to see the pregnancy through her POV and not just Danny's. Another indicator to me that she's the possible target. Even that inappropriate scene for the lab with Danny kissing her pregnant belly, it was all about Danny and the baby, not her. I'm not complaining though. I'd rather see it from Danny's POV anyway.

It seems tptb did that a lot in season 4 and I think they've already done it at least once in season 5 with that 'early v-day present'.

14. klb

klb Victim

Newbie here, with just an idea that has been running thru my head... they say that they lose someone, and that's "just the first ten minutes." Perhaps they are doing another episode like the one where Flack "kills" the kid in interrigation (ep. name has evaporated out of my brain...:brickwall:). They show one of the characters getting killed, and possibly flat lining in the hospital, and then they go back and replay how it all came to be. Then at the very end we arrive back at the starting scene, and see the character be revived??? This could be true, if the spoiler has evolved and been blown out of proportion. If this makes no sense, I apologize, it's late here!!!! Anyway, if they do something along these lines, then Stella would be my guess to be the one to die, otherwise I really have no idea. The ep.'s lately have been disapointing to me (boring, too easy to solve), so if they do kill off a main character (I would be able to handle losing Angell) I may have to find new plans for my Wednesday nights.......

15. Jay1987

Jay1987 Witness

I don't think its Flack, because there's so much Story in his Character.....Think about it, if its Angell...Flack is going to be very down and Sad...so maybe in Season 6 we going to have many interesting Flack Storys....
    And I don't think its Stella, Mac, Danny or Flack....

Lin or Jessica....(and I hope its not Jessica :( )