Big Season Finale Spoiler *MAJOR SPOILER*

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 5, 2009.

?

Who do you think will die in the season finale of CSI: NY?

1. Mac Taylor

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  2. Stella Bonasera

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  3. Danny Messer

12 vote(s)
    5.5%
  4. Lindsay Monroe

80 vote(s)
    36.7%
  5. Sheldon Hawkes

20 vote(s)
    9.2%
  6. Don Flack

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  7. Adam Ross

5 vote(s)
    2.3%
  8. Sid Hammerback

2 vote(s)
    0.9%
  9. Jessica Angell

90 vote(s)
    41.3%
  1. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

:lol: Yeah, I'm completely clueless and confused too. This is a great spoiler, but I'm kinda excited yet nervous at the same time about it. I keep thinking that it could be such a huge turning point in the show, which is a little scary, yet it could well end up being a disappointment if the story isn't done well, or the character that dies isn't really one of the main characters...

I'm wondering if we'll really have to wait until the finale to find out who it is? Surely if it's one of the main characters we'll find out before hand? I've got to admit, I don't like such big surprises. :lol:

2. Ticamo77

Ticamo77 Hit and Run

I see where you're going with this. One question though: If Angell's death affects the lineup 'forever' in the sense that Flack blames Stella for it, does that mean that Flack leaves said lineup; ie, the show.... forever? :confused: Or, maybe he just hates her forever?

After having toyed with the information, I'm going to retrack some of my previous post...

Maybe Lindsay just takes time off for the baby as the kidnapping cop killers thing hits too close to home. Maybe she becomes Danny's off-screen wife for a season, so when Lindsay has found a great day care and is ready to come back, they toss her a lab coat and pretend she never left? :scream: It's just that so many of us want Lindsay dead and never to appear on another CSI:NY episode that we vote that way. :lol:

If I had it my way, and I often don't get it: the member we lose is Mac. Why? Because maybe Mac never got himself out of Joe/Ethan's car in Veritas and when he was rescued, he slipped into a coma and this entire season took place in his dreams. Mac 'dies' and is resuscitated, but has some problems that change the show. Right up there in the St. Elsewhere finale and 'Who killed Bobby Ewing?' zone... (sad that I'm old enough to remember that stuff...)

Hey, we don't get prizes for being right, but a thread full of theories is always fun and interesting to read. If only the internet was this popular during the 'Who shot Mr. Burns?' era. :guffaw:

3. Fan123

Fan123 Hit and Run

Unless Carmine wants out - it can't be Danny as he is the most interesting character on the show. In my mind's eye Stella is the odd gal out. Seeming more like Syd from Providence than a New York City Detective. Her sex appeal is played up more than any reality in her performance. They certainly have not modeled her after any NY cop I know. If they are downsizing the budget she is the one to go - but it will probably be someone less tied to the show like Angel because if it ain't broke - why fix it?

4. churchmouse

churchmouse Witness

I think it will be Jessica. Stella did get her involved in the Greek coin issue.
    I would be just too easy to have it be Lindsay. It would be like a bad movie, the pregnant woman whom just got married to love of life dies. :angryrazz: If they keep her the stories between her and Danny will explode. It could be that Craig T. Nelson. In the interview Lenkov said it would be his final appearance.

5. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Well said, especially about Lindsay and Angell.

Common sense ain't common, and I've long given up in trying to understand the peculiar logic of TPTB. :p

I tend to agree, that the show has always seemed to be flexible in accomodating other projects the cast has going on. So all that means is that perhaps a character leaving doesn't necessarily stem from the actor wanting off the show and that it's a top down decision to kick things up buzz wise in a disappointing season so far and for other changes in S6.

And yes, even with a few months of fumbling spoiler foreplay, I agree, the payoff is not likely to be pretty... :lol:

I know what ya mean, he does look like he's bored, as do some of the others on occasion. Like they're running thru things by rote in a way, hoping for more challenging material to be tossed their way. But on the other hand, everybody likes to work. But I don't understand all the retro-fitting done to his character and the increasing parallels between Danny and the guy that portrays him.

Oi. Stoppit. :lol: Eight to five says we'll see something closely resembling that onscreen sometime soon... :p

PS. *puts out an APB for fm62's brain.*

Well, I beg to differ with regards to Melina, and to each their own, yada. :) I never watched Providence and so have no other references for her. Wasn't she also on NYPD Blue at one point or something? In any case. As far as the reality of her performances go, I find Stella believable and consistent as a character. And as for modelling her after NYPD cops, the police force numbers enough to be larger than some towns... I would think that as in all walks of life that they're all strongly individual personalities, even if some common interests and motivations may run thru. ...And, it is fiction, all of it. The fact that whole of the show hasta be compressed into fifty minutes is both good and bad as a framework. It forces a necessary focus, but can suffer when one or two decisions in a slew of them made may be less than successfull in trying to only display and then solve a crime, but also let us get to know the people they've got doing it for our diversion. Outside certain standards, how well we think they do it is always subjective. BTW, is Monroe modelled after any cops from Montana? Sheldon after any particular ME's? They can't even make up their minds about Danny, now, either... :lol:. I hope they don't get rid of Stella, mostly because I do like her, perhaps more this season than in any previous. ;)

Lastly, if it's truly a factor in this, there are also many other ways to trim a production budget, in addition to or instead of reducing the core cast.

I know there's now a theory that Angell's on the block because the Greek coin storyline has had it's own long arc this season and has led to the deaths of many involved. (I wonder if Melina ever thought getting involved in developing material for a script would lead to such a strong thruline for the whole of the season :lol: I also don't mind Melina speaking Greek, or any character speaking any language on the show if it works in context. I don't hafta literally be able to translate everything, especially for jokes etc and moments like the coffee with a lil something extra, those are fun simply because the character reverts to another mode of expression in a moment of exasperation. For the more substantial scenes between Stella and the consolate guy, sure, I'd appreciate subtitles or something, if there's something in the exchange we need to know to understand the storyline itself).

I also think, from what we've seen of Angell past and present, that she woulda leaped at the chance to pe a part of whatever's going down, in the same way that Danny volunteered to help as well. I think it would be unfair to make Stella a pariah of some sort no matter what happens. The same could be said of Mac and Stella in a larger sense in being leaders of the team, no matter who dies.

^ An alternate take on that road is that even if it leads to both Angell and Stella being put in harm's way again, that neither hasta die, that it could be equally dramatic to scrape thru and ultimately take down the diplo-immunatic baddie they've been chasing all season. Further, that if TPTB are gonna have Flack and Angell go down a couples route, that this could be a way to do up a moment for them too. Lindsay hauled Danny out after Snow Day, Danny hauled Lindsay out after the Holly-Go-Lightly's, Mac and Peyton had their moment after Snow Day as well. Nothing makes the heart grow fonder and makes for a dramatic finish than a near death slo mo montage after all... :p

I'd really hate for the following season to be about internal strife and resentment and blame. I'd rather conflict be individual for each character in dealing with the Job than between them, especially over something so permanently scarring as the death of a 'family' member. Black Hole of Continuity notwithstanding of course.

As for bad movies, the whole DL path this season is a case in point, complete with network created fanvids, so why not just finally wrap the f*cking thing up with a bang. Or a uh Boom even. Whichever will get rid of detritus and return the real Messer to us. An explosion between them might actually wind up being a good thing...? :lol:

6. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Yeah, they're probably rubbing their hands together like, "Mwuahahahaha! Dance, little monkeys, dance!"

Is that the one where it was all in Chad Allen's head? :p

7. Robin

Robin Prime Suspect

My guess is that it will be Angell because of her involvement with the Greek coin storyline. This will also give Stella another avenue to go after the Greek mobsters and deal with her own guilt for involving her friend/co-worker into the mess (against direct orders from Mac).

8. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I was skimming through my March 13, 2009 edition of Entertainment Weekly and came across this for CSI:NY:

The cast will shrink by one this May when a cop killer targets one of NYC's finest and 'forever changes' the show, teases executive producer Peter Lenkov.

Although it looks like they've just re-phrased what was already said.

9. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

^ Thanks for sharing that. It does just carefully rephrase essentially the same. Suppose it could be read as being a little more explicit perhaps in suggesting that the kidnappers-turned-copkillers make the hit more deliberate than incidental? Meh.

Dunno. Still dancing, and still dunno. :lol:

I'm coming around to the thinking others have already pointed out. That it's less likely now that it will be Angell, or any recurring, as 'shrinking the cast' might imply a core character afterall.

I mean, how do you shrink a recurring guest star, other than by not having them guest? Angell, Sinclair, Samantha, Gillian, are all recurring characters, who simply appear when needed or included in a story and disappear when they're not. Sort of part of the background of the realm to use or not. No explanations are obliged to explain when they appear or when they don't. So shrinking the cast by killing someone who's not always a part of it seems less likely to forever change the show...

Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  10. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

They recently killed off Warrick. In Miami the last death I know of was Speed, and now, NY has to take the hit as well. I still try to find the logic here, I might be ventured in a unsuccessful quest though...

11. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

A recurring character does sound less likely even from the original quote. I don't see how a recurring character could change the line up all that much unless they're just making it sound worse than it is.

But Gary Dourdan and Rory Cochrane wanted to leave and deaths make for bigger ratings. Even Vanessa wanted out of her contract. I was happy to see they weren't killing her off but then they turned around and did just that later on in the season. With the exception of Aiden who wasn't even a CSI when killed, NY has yet to kill off a main character which could be another reason to do that. Lindsay and Hawkes seem like the most likely to go.

12. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

While that does seem to imply that a main cast member is targeted - do they even know who it'll be? It's possible Lenkov didn't reveal anything more about the victim than what the quotes we've seen indicate. In that case, EW isn't any more privy to the identity of the victim than we are. I mean, if Lenkov had given even a clue about who it was, wouldn't Ausiello have teased about it - or at least teased that he had a clue so people would give him atten--I mean, so people would ask him more questions? I know the comment about racism and/or the male body in the picture to the side have been considered clues by some, but we really don't know for sure that's the case...

*shakes fist* Why must you do this to me, PTB?!

13. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

^ That was all they had on NY. It was an article titled 'Spring TV Preview. Oh the Drama!' and it had little snippets about every tv show except the one on NY was the shortest of them all. Of course what's bigger than saying they'll lost a member of the team?

I'm assuming that's all Lenkov mentioned since there's no way Ausiello would have kept quiet if there was more. I can totally see tptb letting little hints out here and there because there's no way that Ausiello won't be bombarded with questions wanting to know who it is.

The picture could be a big clue but then again, when Vegas had that picture with a big clue in it, they made sure to let everybody know and it was obvious (at least to me) that Brass was going to be the one shot. I just can't see them giving out that big of a clue so quick unless they're planning to release more clues like that, that would make it look like any of the cast.

It'd be nice if they'd tell us 'no, it's not a recurring character' even though that would still give us eight regulars to speculate on.

14. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

I stay offline for THREE days, and look what I miss. :p

I voted for Lindsay, but if its Hawkes or Angell that dies, I won't be surprised. Hill Harper has been criminally underused, that's obvious-he rarely gets any good storylines and is hardly in the episodes. If I were as talented as Hill is and was getting screwed over as bad as he has been the last four seasons, I would be itching to leave and go somewhere else where I could get more out of what I do. Plus, he's been busy lately with alot of other projects, and him requesting to leave to work on those wouldn't be farfetched.

Angell is also a possibility....she is a much bigger character than she has been in the past, and now has connections to Flack through their romance and Stella through the Greek storyline, so her death would have a big impact on the team. Plus, she is a side character, and it would side step the issue of killing off a main character. The spoilers said it would change the CSINY lineup, but that could mean anything, not necessarily just main characters.

Mac and Stella are safe, I would think...Gary Sinise just signed a contract to stay on for more seasons, and Stella being the leading lady beside him ensures for me that she won't be in any real danger. Same with Adam and Sid-they have both recently been made main characters and signed contracts as well. Flack is a possibility, but it would be ridiculous to kill him off, especially since he is THE fan favorite and the actor enjoys working on the show and expressed a desire to stay for the long run.

I do think/hope that it is Lindsay, however. For one, Anna Belknap will have two children shortly, and seeing as she requested time off to care and spend time with the first one, she might do the same this time. It wouldn't surprise me at all if she wanted to break from acting for a while until her children are a little older and she can spend more time with them. As for Lindsay, the character pretty much has run her course. As it is she has pretty much been reduced to Danny's girlfriend/wife/baby mama, and there isn't much else she can do in terms of development. Killing her off would leave Danny with the baby, which would be great for Carmine's character and story, and would give Carmine SO much to work with. In addition to this, it is clear that she is one of the more controversial characters and not the most loved, so her death wouldn't lose the core of the viewers like Flack's or Danny's or Adam's would.

Regardless of who it is, I'm still annoyed that CSINY is resorting to the "kill them off" motif. Seriously, people DO move away or change jobs in real life, and I don't see why the character couldn't just accept a job in another state or something. It gets rid of them, but leaves open the possibility of them returning should they decide to guest star or something.

15. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

If it is Lindsay (and I hope it is) maybe killing her off was the easiest thing to do considering there is a baby. I think Danny would be heartbroken if Lindsay decided to move away and take their baby with her. Then again, it's possible she could have just taken off and left him with the baby but a lot of fans already dislike her so doing that would make them just dislike her that much more and it could also turn her fans against her which I doubt they'd want. Killing her off and possibly letting her go out a hero would be their best option, IMO.